JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. 8:45 strength class; leave early if possible.
    3. Pack car for trip. Leave for therapy by 1:15.
    4. Groceries. Update blog, doggone it! Start vocabulary from Wes Moore.
    5. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Prep salad for tomorrow. Laundry detergent. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10. Alarm set for 5:00.

JFT Thursday
    1. Get up stupid early and go to the Y. Gonna be in the car a long freakin' time.
    2. Give them the new card #.
    3. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    4. Get sports bra out of dryer and take along. Jeans are also in dryer. BE SURE TO TAKE MEDS ALONG. Take sodas, celery, quark, and cereal for snacks. Also cheese and ingredients for bread. Protein bars. Salad for lunch. Eggs for breakfast?
    5. Take Wes Moore and notebook and work on vocab list.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    October: 185.4
    November: 188.2
    Today: 190.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" at thrift stores. Practice French braiding on D's hair.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Regular: needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    3. Find out if a second masters pays the same as an EdS (email HH). Revise Machiavelli Prince Analysis - Part 1 paraphrased explanation, Part 2 quote & leader choice & explanation, part 3 reflection. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Gifts for dad and DH - look for licorice puffs (Dollar Tree), cookbook. Fix laptop bag. Find a recipe for squash soup that looks good.
    8. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, Harvey Mansfield, or Robert Adams). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas. I finally, finally, FINALLY wrote a post for my teaching blog. It's only been three months... *sigh*
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB so good to see you on here and glad the migraines are improving. Don’t stress the gain - it’s a small amount and you’ve been through a really rough time. I have no doubt you will get it off in no time at all.

@snowflake1968 gorgeous pic of you and your granddaughter- kids make Christmas so special!

@clicketykeys what are you doing at the Y early this morning? Sounds like you are preparing for a major session! Hope you enjoy and well done on the blog. I have no idea how you fit it all in!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I had an ok day yesterday. I felt so rough from Christmas indulgence that I could barely eat all day. I haven’t weighed and won’t do until the weekend but it’s been so strange to actually β€˜feel’ and see the water weight on my body!

We had a dinner for my sister’s birthday last night and I’m really pleased that I managed to eat sensibly. Older versions of me would have either eaten too much because I’d already messed up at Christmas so what the heck, or restricted to try and make up for it, and then end up resentful/hangry. I guess it was helpful that I’d not eaten much during the day, as I managed to log and fit it all in, even a small slice of birthday cake.

Today the kids and I will be heading to the cinema to see the new Mary Poppins movie with friends and then lunch out. Should be fun - wishing you all a great day x

Wednesday goals recap:
    - morning workout βœ…
    - Head to shops to exchange gift βœ…
    - Sort younger daughter’s room and hang mirror and lights 😬 started but big job in the end!
    - Laundry and cleaning βœ…
    - Parents for evening βœ…
    - Water!❎
    - New resident permit for car βœ… but couldn’t print it?! This is getting seriously annoying!
    - Early night βœ…

Thursday goals:
    - morning workout
    - Finish daughter’s room clearout/rearrangement
    - Movie and lunch - make good choices
    - Groceries
    - Put away laundry
    - Meet sis at train station for coffee before she heads home
    - Early night
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: Β»
    Morning all! Hope everyone had a great Christmas. We had a lovely day - the kids were so excited and happy with their presents and everyone got on. I massively overindulged and am feeling it this morning. Didn’t log at all but it wasn’t pretty! Puffy with water retention and super sluggish - ugh!

But I’ve got up determined to get back to usual. I’ve done a workout and need to stay motivated. It’s my sister’s birthday so we will head back to my parents’ place for dinner this evening. There will be loads of food and a birthday cake that I’ve made but I would really prefer not to have another big blowout. Need to remember how grim I felt first thing this morning!

So, goals for today:
    - morning workout βœ…
    - Head to shops to exchange gift
    - Sort younger daughter’s room and hang mirror and lights
    - Laundry and cleaning
    - Parents for evening
    - Water!
    - New resident permit for car
    - Early night

Have a great day all x

Love you. And Happy Belated Birthday to your Sister/ which is my sister as well.
    Love your stictuitiveness...sp?... Lol.
    Loving your attitude.
  • lemonginger35
    lemonginger35 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    26.12.2018, Wednesday status:
    1. Eat fruits only for meals x
    2. Do sudharshana kriya. Done
    3. Use stevia in tea & coffee x
    4. Limit coffee intake to 2 cups per day & the rest ginger lemon tea only x
    5. Start again week 1 Day 1 of C25K x
    6. Take a shower in the morning instead of night x

JFT 27.12.2018, Thursday:
    1. Get a calorie deficit of 1K min.
    2. Do sudharshana kriya
    3. Use stevia in tea & coffee
    4. Limit coffee intake to 1 cup per day & the rest ginger lemon tea only
    5. Start again week 1 Day 1 of C210K

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
    Options
    Okay got a couple of pics to show you! I'll put them in spoilers so it doesn't take up the whole page LOL

This is my tree..
    nqkx2b1qdq3g.jpg

This is the view I had on the way to one of the cities near me, Stoke not Manchester.
    s4z3e2crq5y7.jpg

And a couple of Marley making an escape and at the shopping centre
    h9p6igaizuiz.jpg
    f94b93ugra9s.jpg

I don't have any new pics of Casey really but I will do at some point

I love your tree! The view on the way to Stoke is such pretty countryside! What is the temperature there? I don't see snow...(lucky you!)

Marley is a doll! You sure do make cute babies, @Bex953172 ! :mrgreen:

its anywhere from 2-8C normally through December, January is then it gets cold and last year there was a mini blizzard when I was in hospital having Casey! so no snow yet!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    hey everyone! Merry Christmas, my Christmas ended up rather odd, xmas eve my partner got really drunk, and we had a bit of an argument. we decided to pretend it didn't happen for xmas day because his parents were coming round but there was tension between us still. hed also ate something dodgy and therefore after 10 mins of opening presents he had to go up back to bed. he spent all day up there, my mother in law helped be do the dinner and we opened all the presents with the girls. although I'm grateful for the help the dinner was not what I had in mind, we had Turkey, stuffing balls and pigs in blankets, but we did mash potatoes and steamed broccoli and carrots. so really it was just a standard Sunday roast dinner. but I did appreciate the help so cant complain too much.
    no one was drinking, I didn't know what to do to entertain them so stuck a film on for everyone. my partner came down for his dinner and the mood lightened and our tension was gone.
    I'm not gonna lie, I didn't enjoy my xmas day, I wanted to spend it with my partner and with him not being there it was hard to enjoy much else.

however yesterday boxing day was much much better! we got up had a full English breakfast, had 'cuddles' in bed Haha, a quick tidy up and then we put on some of the nibbles we bought for Christmas day which never made it out the freezer, which were breaded king prawns, won ton cups and spring rolls
    we started drinking, we played games with the girls, I started the roast beef, I did roast potatoes, carrots, parsnips, stuffing balls and pigs in blankets and made a gravy from the beef juices. a proper xmas dinner. i was pished and even the dinner didn't soak it up. so had dessert too and got the girls in bed (Casey needed a bath after the dessert lol it was just everywhere) anyway Marley and Casey zonked out immediately, saskias did drawing in her bed but vomited a couple of hours later (fortunately in the toilet) she had too much chocolate
    we played with the girls
    I had sobered up by bed time but my God, I was SO full, I had a coffee and a water and watched a film with Ash then went to bed.

so we basically had xmas day on boxing day and it was great!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    oh and 175! 3lb gain! that's over a week though.

oh and I also dropped my phone down the stairs on xmas day and broke it!
    do I've put my SIM in my tablet lol
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Get up stupid early and go to the Y. Gonna be in the car a long freakin' time.
    2. Give them the new card #. UGHH, I forgot my card. Need to remember to do
    3. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds.
    4. Get sports bra out of dryer and take along. Jeans are also in dryer. BE SURE TO TAKE MEDS ALONG. Take sodas, celery, quark, and cereal for snacks. Also cheese and ingredients for bread. Protein bars. Salad for lunch. Eggs for breakfast?
    5. Take Wes Moore and notebook and work on vocab list.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    October: 185.4
    November: 188.2
    Today: 190.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" at thrift stores. Practice French braiding on D's hair.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Regular: needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    3. Find out if a second masters pays the same as an EdS (email HH). Revise Machiavelli Prince Analysis - Part 1 paraphrased explanation, Part 2 quote & leader choice & explanation, part 3 reflection. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Gifts for dad and DH - look for licorice puffs (Dollar Tree), cookbook. Fix laptop bag. Find a recipe for squash soup that looks good.
    8. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, Harvey Mansfield, or Robert Adams). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.

Heading out to visit family for a few days. Things are likely to be topsy-turvy!

@Faebert Theoretically we were gonna leave at 8:00 and now it's 8:07, and we'll be in the car just about all day, so if I'm going to get much of any exercise in, I needed to do it super early. Since it's cold and gloppy and dark, I went to the Y and got on the treadmill for awhile.
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,051 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 Precious picture. Look at that adorable face!

@PackerFanInGB So sorry to hear you had concussion & are in process of recovering. I hope you are well soon. Re: sleep & waking I've struggled for a long time. So we'll have to find the magic, together. It looks like we both have a plan, so with me... like dieting it is executing the plan, not making excuses & being consistent. I need to follow Nike's ad campaign & "just do it!"

if I keep making excuses, I'll never get to where I want to be weight wise & healthwise.

(In addition to controlling food intake, I Need to get more sleep & go to bed earlier & wake up earlier. Of course, exercise, too. )

JFT:
    Dec. 26
    *Weigh 157.4 πŸ™‚ I thought I'd gained back more.
    *make wiser food choices 😞
    *drink at least 4 glasses of water 😞
    *unpack 😐Main suitcase, but still need to unpack backpack.
    *plan meals through Monday 😞
    *pay couple of parents bills 😞
    *work on 1 or all of these: πŸ™‚
    find VA fiduciary stuff for meeting,
    find dentist for parents, πŸ™‚ Found 1 had known about but couldn't remember her name. Scheduled appointment for Dad. Had caregiver check their calendar & write it on there.
    write rough draft response to attorney, email bro & SIL
    *9:30 get ready for bed 😞
    * make list for tomorrow 😞
    * Get food & things ready for tomorrow 😞
    *10pm tv or read 😞
    12am Go to bed 😞

Here I go with my excuse for yesterday. When I got to work, noticed my boss had gone thru my desk! I was furious!!! He left cover of a notebook that had contained my notes for a period of time & had gotten rid of the contents. What else is missing?! So stressful start to workday. I really must find a new job!!!! (Naturally I should have been stronger & not have followed the path of self-destruction. )

Anyway, same goals for today...

Hoping all of us meet our goals today & that we make it a great day!

Linda

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Elbee1 wrote: Β»

@PackerFanInGB So sorry to hear you had concussion & are in process of recovering. I hope you are well soon. Re: sleep & waking I've struggled for a long time. So we'll have to find the magic, together. It looks like we both have a plan, so with me... like dieting it is executing the plan, not making excuses & being consistent. I need to follow Nike's ad campaign & "just do it!"

if I keep making excuses, I'll never get to where I want to be weight wise & healthwise.

(In addition to controlling food intake, I Need to get more sleep & go to bed earlier & wake up earlier. Of course, exercise, too. )

JFT:
    Dec. 26
    find dentist for parents, πŸ™‚ Found 1 had known about but couldn't remember her name. Scheduled appointment for Dad. Had caregiver check their calendar & write it on there.
    *10pm tv or read 😞
    12am Go to bed 😞

Here I go with my excuse for yesterday. When I got to work, noticed my boss had gone thru my desk! I was furious!!! He left cover of a notebook that had contained my notes for a period of time & had gotten rid of the contents. What else is missing?! So stressful start to workday. I really must find a new job!!!! (Naturally I should have been stronger & not have followed the path of self-destruction. )

Linda

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!!?!? Sorry to fan the flames on this one - but your boss going thru your stuff is crossing a line, nevermind getting rid of the contents! Makes me mad just reading it!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Had my goals drafted, ready to post yesterday. Then got a call that our wood would be delivered a week early and had to be on site to pay, and they couldnt guarantee we would get it next week at all. Had already been waiting 6 weeks so had to boogie home to take delivery. Anyway, I got my excerise. Stacked about a cord of wood and have another cord left to get stacked and covered today - snow/rain due overnight and I'm being a crazy lady since we paid a pretty penny for kiln dried since it was such a wet summer/fall and didnt feel like getting wet wood. It's our first season burning wood so we don't have a repoir with a wood guy yet, so I feared we would get duped if we went with seasoned. Anway!

JFT Thursday
    1. WATER
    2. Drink smoothie
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Cook dinner at home
    5. Log all food
    6. Get remainder of cord wood under cover atleast - can finish stacking tomorrow/weekend
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,797 Member
    Options
    hey everyone! Merry Christmas, my Christmas ended up rather odd, xmas eve my partner got really drunk, and we had a bit of an argument. we decided to pretend it didn't happen for xmas day because his parents were coming round but there was tension between us still. hed also ate something dodgy and therefore after 10 mins of opening presents he had to go up back to bed. he spent all day up there, my mother in law helped be do the dinner and we opened all the presents with the girls. although I'm grateful for the help the dinner was not what I had in mind, we had Turkey, stuffing balls and pigs in blankets, but we did mash potatoes and steamed broccoli and carrots. so really it was just a standard Sunday roast dinner. but I did appreciate the help so cant complain too much.
    no one was drinking, I didn't know what to do to entertain them so stuck a film on for everyone. my partner came down for his dinner and the mood lightened and our tension was gone.
    I'm not gonna lie, I didn't enjoy my xmas day, I wanted to spend it with my partner and with him not being there it was hard to enjoy much else.

however yesterday boxing day was much much better! we got up had a full English breakfast, had 'cuddles' in bed Haha, a quick tidy up and then we put on some of the nibbles we bought for Christmas day which never made it out the freezer, which were breaded king prawns, won ton cups and spring rolls
    we started drinking, we played games with the girls, I started the roast beef, I did roast potatoes, carrots, parsnips, stuffing balls and pigs in blankets and made a gravy from the beef juices. a proper xmas dinner. i was pished and even the dinner didn't soak it up. so had dessert too and got the girls in bed (Casey needed a bath after the dessert lol it was just everywhere) anyway Marley and Casey zonked out immediately, saskias did drawing in her bed but vomited a couple of hours later (fortunately in the toilet) she had too much chocolate
    we played with the girls
    I had sobered up by bed time but my God, I was SO full, I had a coffee and a water and watched a film with Ash then went to bed.

so we basically had xmas day on boxing day and it was great!

I’m glad you had a happy Boxing Day
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

JFT:
    Dec. 26
    *10pm tv or read 😞
    12am Go to bed 😞

Linda

I am speechless! How dare your boss do that! What an invasion!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: Β»
    Had my goals drafted, ready to post yesterday. Then got a call that our wood would be delivered a week early and had to be on site to pay, and they couldnt guarantee we would get it next week at all. Had already been waiting 6 weeks so had to boogie home to take delivery. Anyway, I got my excerise. Stacked about a cord of wood and have another cord left to get stacked and covered today - snow/rain due overnight and I'm being a crazy lady since we paid a pretty penny for kiln dried since it was such a wet summer/fall and didnt feel like getting wet wood. It's our first season burning wood so we don't have a repoir with a wood guy yet, so I feared we would get duped if we went with seasoned. Anway!

JFT Thursday
    1. WATER
    2. Drink smoothie
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Cook dinner at home
    5. Log all food
    6. Get remainder of cord wood under cover atleast - can finish stacking tomorrow/weekend

I do not envy you your wood heat, so much work goes into it. I love the heat it provides, but growing up with it I swore I would never have it again.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Well I have not posted goals since Monday and I believe it’s time I get back to it. I have logged some things at least. LOL

I have been having a pain in my chest for the last few weeks. It feels like there is something on the inside trying to push out through the bones. I made a doctors appointment this morning because hubby is worried and frankly I’m starting to wonder what’s going on too.

I got a Cricut for Christmas I have been watching You Tube videos all morning trying to figure it out! I have ideas for projects now, but really need to spend some on supplies.

Onto my goals!

JFT - Thursday December 27
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    5 fruits and veggies
    Stay conscious of my actions. Do not disappoint myself!

I am not going to try to exercise right now, I don’t feel 100% and think I need to be cleared by the doctor first.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options

Linda

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!!?!? Sorry to fan the flames on this one - but your boss going thru your stuff is crossing a line, nevermind getting rid of the contents! Makes me mad just reading it!

I AM WITH @AJB1014 !!! I would be so angry!!! That is definitely crossing a line and I don't even know how I would react to that. Ooooh....my blood is boiling for you!! :angry:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

Thanks Linda! I go to the concussion clinic this afternoon for another follow up, and I'm hoping they will say I'm released! (Won't happen, but I am hoping anyway!) I'm a little accident prone...you'll learn that about me. It's not fun.

I have struggled with getting enough rest for a long time also. I really struggle to fall asleep because my brain doesn't want to shut off, and I wake frequently at night, so when the alarm goes off I'm usually in a deep sleep and cannot get my butt out of bed! I have a plan mapped out but I really need to stick to it.

My excuse last night was that my BIL is up from Texas and staying with us and last night we had relatives stop in to see him before he leaves tonight. I stayed up to visit and should have gone to bed! Tsk, tsk, tsk....<shame on me!>

Congrats on your weigh in smiley face! :)
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

JFT Thursday
    1. WATER
    2. Drink smoothie
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Cook dinner at home
    5. Log all food

Oh my goodness, I remember getting wood delivered for the winter! We heated our house for 8 years with wood until we moved to town. We used to get 12 full cords in full length logs delivered in the summer and spend all summer and fall cutting, splitting and stacking! It was a LOT of work, but I sure do miss it... It was a nice dry heat and smelled so good...

We bought ours a year in advance to try to dry it out. It got expensive but actually saved us a ton of money by not heating with LP.