What type of diet are most people doing? Keto? WW? Which is the healthiest?

Options
I always seem to get confused on which diet I should follow. Low carb-high fat, Keto, WW.
I seem to start on one, and when I find it difficult I look to another.
What diet are most people following today? I don't want a fad or a quick fix, I want something that I can maintain and is healthy.
Low carb/Keto makes sense to me, but can you maintain it?
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,022 Member
    Options
    yes. Eat the foods you like in the portions that will fit into your calorie goals. Eat when you want. Try to get enough protein and fats.

Here's a general guide about calories and macros. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/819055/setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets/p1

Weight is about calories. Use more than you eat and you'll lose weight.

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    What is your goal? Do you know how to eat "right" already, ie do you know how to eat to fuel and nourish your body?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Any diet can be done in health and unhealthy ways.

Why not start with logging whatever you're eating now? After a few days or a week, review what you have. Are you getting a variety of foods? Enough veggies? Are you needing more protein? Then focus on adding in the things you want, while reducing the things that are higher calorie, or look for a way to substitute higher calorie stuff. I find a homemade burger can be lower calorie than restaurant burgers. That type of thing. By doing it this way, you develop an eating plan that suits your tastes, which makes it easier to maintain.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Take the Calorie Deficit Highway to your weight loss destination.

You can use a vehicle of any dieting style you wish. Along the way, you can exchange your dieting style vehicle for any you fancy.
  • ShopGirl9999
    ShopGirl9999 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting along with being active for the win!
  • whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Technically, whichever one keeps you in a calorie deficit and that you can stick to long-term. Just following calorie counting here is the easiest.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    SFTI diet... I see food then track it...
  • GIRLPOWER7113
    GIRLPOWER7113 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am doing keto and I love it .
  • nygr8guy
    nygr8guy Posts: 77 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I found a Keto calcultor which says I should do 20g carbs, 80 grams protein 100 grams fat =1300 calories per day. I am 5'6" Male, little exercise. I hate the word sedentary.
    Does this sound right?