Mini Challenge: 10lbs down by Valentines Day? <3

Replies

• LMK20018
    LMK20018 Posts: 38 Member
    I’m in , my goal is 119, but I’m struggling with carbs and how to actually loose one pound a week!
  • LMK20018
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    I'm not sure this is doable for me, but I'll try. Really need a jump start. I've been stalled for a few years, but I haven't pressured myself due to grief, anxiety, etc. It's time for me to get back on track though.

Just weighed myself (although I also just finished breakfast): 137 lbs

My current goal is 115. WHEN (not if) I reach that, I'll reevaluate. My doctor wants me below 120. (My highest weight was 190.)

Thanks for starting this. For what it's worth, feel free to tag me, message me, etc. I could use the support/encouragement/reminders, and I sometimes forget I joined a challenge. :#
    I need accountability as well !

• ashley_eventing
    ashley_eventing Posts: 12 Member
    I want to join!
    CW 130
    GW1 120
  • LenSmithLR
    LenSmithLR Posts: 1 Member
    Sure... sounds like what I need. I've gotten a start and would like to sustain the momentum. We'll see how it goes.
  • MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    Hey there! I am 210 lbs now. So I need motivation to reach Onderland. I am starting a new job in Jan so I don't know how that's going to impact my exercise and meal planning. I'll need all the motivation I can get to drop 10/12 lbs.

SW: 210
    GW: 199
  • jenlan9
    jenlan9 Posts: 1 Member
    Great idea! I'm in!
    CW 173
    GW for Feb 14th 163
    GW overall 145
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    edited December 2018
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    We're having "Ye Olde Traditional Turkey Day Meal" on the 23d for my mom's birthday, and she will be having Christmas Day Dinner with my brother's (not-so-extended this year) in-laws. There will be a chocolate biscuits-and-whippining-cream dessert log. But also served at noon, so that makes it easier to make it "almost all the daily calories in one go" situation.

Actually broke even on the 24th daily weigh-in ... no giant meal on the 25th, but
    • weighed in by 9:30 a.m.
    • "pancakes / bacon / quiche brunch " (in single reasonable sized serving) around 10:30 a.m.
    • thick home-made turkey&veg&barley soup around 7:00 p.m.
    • 15,534 steps (337 calories burned) over 109 minutes (not precisely super-intensive but still 33% MORE burned than the 23rd)
    • AND slept in this morning (Boxing Day) till after 11:30 a.m. so daily weigh-in was more than 2 hours later than the day before.

And I STILL was up over a pound this morning .... I am figuring it is a combination of just plain bulk moving through my system plus salt from the two hand-fulls of raw pecans and random Dorito nibbles ....

So don't let one day throw you ..... the body CAN'T create over a pound of fat over night (takes 3500 calories per pound, over and above what would keep you alive if in a comma, remember) ..... just get back into normal routine, and your system will process and auto-correct within a matter of days.

It's the people who see a single "morning after" as a signal to "why bother - can't do this - may as well eat the ENTIRE party sized bag of Doritos myself" and let that mindset stick around for weeks and months who regain the weight / never shed much in the first place.
  • BMcC9
    LMK20018 wrote: »
    I’m in , my goal is 119, but I’m struggling with carbs and how to actually loose one pound a week!

If your goal is 119, what's your current weight? Trying to lose 1 lb per week may be too aggressive if you are already near goal .... and ESPECIALLY if you are not eating back any exercise calories. Better to be healthy than dramatic.

If you tell us IN WHAT WAY you are "struggling with carbs"? (in particular, what kind of carbs, say pasta & bread vs chips vs sugars) maybe we can offer strategy suggestions or substitutions?
  • corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    I'm so in!

CW: 159.8
    GW for February 14th: 149.8
    GW Overall: 145

Thanks so much for starting this Challenge!
  • maguiyr
    maguiyr Posts: 16 Member
    I’m in! This is just what I need!
    CW 153
    GW 143
    Long term GW 135
  • sassysmom35
    sassysmom35 Posts: 130 Member
    I'm in. I'm not sure what my weight is (i wanted to lose some before weighing so as not to get discouraged by how much I'm starting out at) but I'm on day 31 of logging and the way my pants fit I'm guessing I'm in the 210 area. So I will officially weigh in and start January 1st and determine my goal from there then weigh in weekly.
    Good luck!
  • sassysmom35
    sassysmom35 Posts: 130 Member
    I'm in. I'm not sure what my weight is (i wanted to lose some before weighing so as not to get discouraged by how much I'm starting out at) but I'm on day 31 of logging and the way my pants fit I'm guessing I'm in the 210 area. So I will officially weigh in and start January 1st and determine my goal from there then weigh in weekly.
    Good luck!

Ok so I decided to bite the bullet and weigh this morning. So I'll will be doing my weigh ins on Fridays. Hoping to get under 200 by challenge end.

CW: 210.4
    Challenge goal: 199.8
    Final goal: 126ish
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I know I'm joining a bit late, but I'm in anyway!

12/27: 160
    12/28: 161.4
    Goal 2/14: 148

I am definitely retaining a lot of water right now given the time of month, alcohol consumption over the holiday, and just how puffy my hands feel, so I think my "real" weight is closer to 155 since my previous weigh-in was right around 156 a couple weeks back...7 weeks left in the challenge, so I'm going to aim for 7 pounds of actual loss. We will have to see how it evens up once the water weight drops off in a few more days, but I think it's reasonable. It will also depend on where this falls in the monthly calendar as that's a bit inconsistent for me.

I will try to weigh in every day or at least a couple times a week, though I'm pretty terrible at remembering, so maybe this will help keep me motivated to get on the scale!
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,182 Member
    I would like to join in!
  • LMK20018

If your goal is 119, what's your current weight? Trying to lose 1 lb per week may be too aggressive if you are already near goal .... and ESPECIALLY if you are not eating back any exercise calories. Better to be healthy than dramatic.

If you tell us IN WHAT WAY you are "struggling with carbs"? (in particular, what kind of carbs, say pasta & bread vs chips vs sugars) maybe we can offer strategy suggestions or substitutions?

Hi so my current weight is 128/130. My struggle lies with sugar. I have a hard time with portion and self control when it comes to cookies, chocolate, bread and flavored coffee this time of year. I literally can eat an entire bag of Gheradelli chocolate or an entire row of Pepperidge Farm cookies. Bagels donuts and coffee are only consumed when I go out. However it’s a struggle to not buy them . Thanks for the help !
    I currently am only lifting light weights and starting to do YouTube walking videos as it is cooler where I live.

• BMcC9
    ... I’m struggling with carbs ....

If you tell us IN WHAT WAY you are "struggling with carbs" (in particular, what kind of carbs, say pasta & bread vs chips vs sugars) maybe we can offer strategy suggestions or substitutions?

Hi so my current weight is 128/130. My struggle lies with sugar. I have a hard time with portion and self control when it comes to cookies, chocolate, bread and flavored coffee this time of year. I literally can eat an entire bag of Gheradelli chocolate or an entire row of Pepperidge Farm cookies. Bagels donuts and coffee are only consumed when I go out. However it’s a struggle to not buy them . Thanks for the help !
    I currently am only lifting light weights and starting to do YouTube walking videos as it is cooler where I live.

I have some ideas, and will be back later today to post them.
  • BMcC9
    SW this challenge: 144.6
    Dec 21: 143.3 (-1.3 so far)
    Dec 28: 144.4 (- 0.2 from SW .... with 4 big meals over the past 14 days,
    I consider this a maintain-so-far)

• I'm in and I am down for 10! <3<3
    -Kimber
  • LMK20018
    ... I’m struggling with carbs ....

If you tell us IN WHAT WAY you are "struggling with carbs" (in particular, what kind of carbs, say pasta & bread vs chips vs sugars) maybe we can offer strategy suggestions or substitutions?

I have some ideas, and will be back later today to post them.
    Great !! Thanks
  • imxnianne
    imxnianne Posts: 216 Member
    what is your height? im almost at the same goal as you