Let's Do this! - 2019 Challenge - Be the best you can be!

Options

Replies

• StacySunshine8
    StacySunshine8 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    msarobix wrote: »
    For that matter, I think anyone who has an Apple Watch and wants to connect with other Challenge members should do so.

I will accept requests from Apple Watch users who I am friends with.
  • 29by29
    29by29 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I want to lose 29kg by my 29th Birthday in July. I have always been a big girl topping out at 120kg at my heaviest. 110kg when I got married and 106kg when I fell pregnant. After giving birth to twins I was 90kg and settled around 95kg while I was breastfeeding. I am now at 103kg and I want it gone. I need to be a happy healthy Mummy for my kiddos and we are thinking about starting to try again after my birthday. So to go into pregnancy at a healthy weight will a great start and hopefully make TTC easier.

My goals are to increase my activity levels, I work full time at a desk job so this needs to happen. I will watch my portions and cut back on the 'treats' to once a week at most.

I want to be a good role model for my children and be the best Mum I can be!

29 by 29 come at me!!
  • msarobix
    msarobix Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi @amydigi668 Welcome to the group. I too have a desk job, however my employer had been very accommodating and purchases a VariDesk for whoever wants one. It is really awesome to be able to stand for part of the day. There are several people in the office who never lower their desk and they stand all day.
  • 29by29
    Options
    @msarobix I will look into this. I do a lot of data entry from invoices so a standing desk may not work for unfortunatley.
  • timetodothis19
    timetodothis19 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I can’t wait! Excited to be apart of the group and excited for 2019. I have 100 lbs to loose to reach my ultimate goal but I know it is going to take a lifestyle change to get there and stay there. Thank you for the shared support
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Just checking in today and I am finding this thread so inspiring. I love the portabello mushroom pizza. I love soups too. I am going to have to look into the Fitbit Blaze.
  • 29by29
    Options
    Crap day food wise for me. There are just way too many temptations left over from Christmas. I have zero willpower. Need to pull it together tomorrow. Another day, another opportunity.
  • StacySunshine8
    Options
    29by29 wrote: »
    Another day, another opportunity.

Yep new day, fresh start. “Don’t look back. You aren’t going that way.”
  • Jaynee1961
    Jaynee1961 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Starting today. I work tonight and though there might be goodies lying around know I will be super busy. We are short staffed and full on the unit so there will not be much time to munch. Gotta love nursing.
    I plan to get a small walk in before work and make a healthy dinner. Going to open my air fryer and cook some chicken breasts and take a salad.
  • zebrashark
    zebrashark Posts: 4 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hi, I would like to join. I've been trying to lose weight for a few months but I've been lying to myself about the food I eat. I know they say it's 80% diet and 20% exercise. I need to be more mindful of what I eat, plan my menu (including my family in the plan), and get back to regular exercise. We're going to Punta Cana in 2/13. I want to lose 15 lbs by then, if I can. It's 6 weeks away...I SHOULD be able to get at least 12 if I want it had enough. :) Also, I have a Fitbit. How do I friend people on there?
  • StacySunshine8
    Options
    Welcome @zebrashark!!! I struggle with the same things. I do better with a regular routine. I find myself missing the gym when I can’t make it. The food is all about preparation. Be prepared to eat healthily. If I don’t have lunch planned, I don’t stick to my diet.
  • StacySunshine8
    Options
    zebrashark wrote: »
    Ran 2 miles on the treadmill at lunch. :)

Get it girl!!! Good job!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Well I have been doing better at logging food since joining in here. Got up from the breakfast table and got a glass of water right away. Now I just need to keep it filled up. No aquafit class tonight since the club closes early. I will do some cleaning instead. Happy New Year all.
  • msarobix
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I got up early this morning so I could get in a 60 minute walk before I started my day. I didn't have to go to work today, but I wanted to work on my digital journal that I started planning out over the weekend, and I knew I would want to play some Minecraft as well. So I got up shortly after my normal weekday time so that I could fit in my workout before I started having fun. It made me feel really good to get it out of the way, plus I was over 10,000 steps before I even sat down.

I will probably do a little bit of the journal and play a bit more Minecraft this evening. However, I might have to set a timer to remind myself to get up and move, because when I get engrossed in a project, or a game, I can easily lost track of time. This morning I started working on my journal while I was drinking my morning coffee at 8 am. I had planned on getting up to make some breakfast after I finished my coffee, but before I knew it, it was 1:25 pm. Oops!

@samsherwin91 Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you along the way.

@29by29 One thing that I have found that helps me stay away from the temptations is to chew gum. I find a flavor I really love (Trident Layers are my favorite), and whenever I get the urge to get an unhealthy snack I chew a piece of gum. It doesn’t always work, but most of the time it does.

@zebrashark Welcome to the group. If you have been eating poorly recently and haven’t been exercising it should be pretty easy for you to drop 12 lbs before your trip. Good luck to you and we are here to support you when or if things go awry. Nice job on the treadmill work today. I wish I could workout at lunch sometimes, I just find I don’t have enough time.

@keriA Good job on the food logging, that is one area that I need to work on.

• academyready
    academyready Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! Not sure what I need to do.

My goals are to:
    1. Track daily
    2. Drink more water
    3. Improve cardio fitness
    4. Lose 30 lbs by July 1

Looking forward to connecting with everyone!
    Holly
  • msarobix
    Options
    Hi @academyready, welcome. Just by posting you have joined our challenge. Looking forward to connecting you you as well.
  • msarobix
    Options
    Hi everyone, I want to post a bit of a challenge for everyone this week. I find that when I have a challenge, even if it is a simple one I am more likely to stay on track.

If you are already tracking and logging your steps then just keep doing what you are doing.

Challenge:
    Track your steps every day starting tomorrow, and keep a log of the total steps per day on a piece of paper or start a spreadsheet. If you have a spreadsheet program I would suggest that method because it would help you in future challenge. That's it! Simple Right!

My idea is every so often we will challenge ourselves to Beat our BEST! Meaning you will look back over your log for the previous week, month or all time and try to beat your best day from the reference period (this will be given in the challenge rules, it could be the previous week, month or all time). Having a spreadsheet will help, when we occasionally try to Beat our AVERAGE, which will mean you will need to average our your step count for the reference period and try to beat your average over the challenge period.

The idea is to start now and keep this journal/log updated every day, so that we have the information on hand when we are challenged to Beat our BEST!

By the way, anyone can propose a challenge. If you are struggling with a certain aspect of meeting your goals, propose a challenge and get us all onboard so that we can support and encourage one another.
  • timetodothis19
    Options
    msarobix wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I want to post a bit of a challenge for everyone this week. I find that when I have a challenge, even if it is a simple one I am more likely to stay on track.

If you are already tracking and logging your steps then just keep doing what you are doing.

Challenge:
    Track your steps every day starting tomorrow, and keep a log of the total steps per day on a piece of paper or start a spreadsheet. If you have a spreadsheet program I would suggest that method because it would help you in future challenge. That's it! Simple Right!

My idea is every so often we will challenge ourselves to Beat our BEST! Meaning you will look back over your log for the previous week, month or all time and try to beat your best day from the reference period (this will be given in the challenge rules, it could be the previous week, month or all time). Having a spreadsheet will help, when we occasionally try to Beat our AVERAGE, which will mean you will need to average our your step count for the reference period and try to beat your average over the challenge period.

The idea is to start now and keep this journal/log updated every day, so that we have the information on hand when we are challenged to Beat our BEST!

By the way, anyone can propose a challenge. If you are struggling with a certain aspect of meeting your goals, propose a challenge and get us all onboard so that we can support and encourage one another.

Awesome challenge! Very excited. I am going to start today
  • timetodothis19
    Options
    zebrashark wrote: »
    Hi, I would like to join. I've been trying to lose weight for a few months but I've been lying to myself about the food I eat. I know they say it's 80% diet and 20% exercise. I need to be more mindful of what I eat, plan my menu (including my family in the plan), and get back to regular exercise. We're going to Punta Cana in 2/13. I want to lose 15 lbs by then, if I can. It's 6 weeks away...I SHOULD be able to get at least 12 if I want it had enough. :) Also, I have a Fitbit. How do I friend people on there?

Hi zebrashark - I am completely the same. I want to eat right but I don’t. I also really need to get back to exercising. I also come up with some kind of excuse. Also we leave for the Caribbean on 2/15 I would love to loose that much by then too! Hope we can do it together!