Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New Year, New Me! Charles from North Carolina

Hello all! I'm from the Hope Mills NC area! I'm working on a new me and would love to establish a network with like minded individuals in my area!

I will be utilizing my fitness pal to monitor calories as awhole but will be using the Keto Diet Plan to address eating habits!

I'd love to hear from you guys!

Replies

• Nanalove2018
    Nanalove2018 Posts: 283 Member
    The best of luck to you :)
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Hello, Charles!

I'm from NC, too - the Research Triangle area.

I lost weight four years ago using MFP to track my calorie intake and log my exercise. Wanting to lose a bit more but struggling to do so, 1 and 1/2 years ago, I adopted a low carb and later a keto diet. This has helped me to lose another ten pounds. More importantly, I've been able to keep it off without the constant struggle and cravings that I had been dealing with for so many years.

There is an active Low Carb group (which also includes many people doing Keto diets) and a Keto specific group on MFP. The group members have a great deal of experience and are very helpful to newcomers. Plus, both groups have lots of links to resource information on these eating lifestyles.

You can access these groups via:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum

One of them requires you to ask permission to join.

Good luck as you begin the keto way of eating.

Barbara
  • DynamicLord
    DynamicLord Posts: 5 Member
    Thank you very much! This is my second time using myfitnesspal, however this time I am looking for a permanent life change!
  • Savagawea
    Savagawea Posts: 62 Member
    Hey Charles! I too am on a journey of self improvement!
  • __Chanda__
    __Chanda__ Posts: 30 Member
    I am also on Keto. I really enjoy the food choices and less restrictive calorie counting. I've been on it for a week now and can already feel inflammation from a prior injury going down.
  • DynamicLord
    DynamicLord Posts: 5 Member
    I've read theee books about the Keto Diet and now menu shopping! This morning I made Shashuka for b-fast.