wta0x0cmbfsp.jpg
    qlfkfbuxkrd0.jpg
    id7gad0h5uv2.jpg
    h5f0f92kr0f0.jpg

wooooow that's amazing
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,149 Member
    right well it's new year in 25 mins for me

I want to thank you ALL for an amazing year!
    you've all done brilliantly!
    I think I've come quite far this year, not weight wise but with my personal development.
    I still have a lot of growing up to do and i really need to get my head screwed on in 2019, I'm very reliant on my partner and want to become more independent so I can better cope with unexpected things.

I'm hoping to see you all in the new thread.
    you k how I love the end of a year. because in January everyone joins this thread and by December we're a group of really good friends who stuck by each other and it's nice to see who made it through the year with us!

I'm gonna post my year goals in the new thread, mainly because I haven't really had to time to think of them.

I want to thank you all for your offers of contribution on a GoFundMe page! You are all so kind and loving and you all make me feel like me and my family actually matter when the people closest to home dont even show us that much love.
    you are all very special to me

I love you all, its nice to know I have REAL friends

we should all have a group Skype chat one day LOL.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,920 Member
    @Bex953172 - I remember well the first time I felt like an adult. A very expensive part on our half ton had broken. Hubby had to walk on a highway in the middle of a snowstorm for over an hour. We didn’t have cell phones so it must have been 2008. The repair bill with towing was over 1500.00. We were able to figure it out on our own without calling anyone for help. I was 40 at the time! You’ll get there, you’re doing it every single day!

I am so thankful for you and everyone else in this group.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,253 Member
    Monday weigh-in:

October 15th: 164.25
    October 22nd: 167.25
    October 29th: 163
    November 5th: 164.25
    November 12th: 165.75
    November 19th: 164.25
    November 26th: 162.5
    December 3rd: 160.75
    December 10th: 160.75
    December 17th: 164.5
    December 24th: 163
    December 31st: 166.25

You have done so great all year!!! So proud of you!!!
  • mytime6630
    I saw this and it made me chuckle. Hope it makes you chuckle too.
    arzxmnyen9zc.jpeg

LOVE THis!!!! We went out to eat ... and I SO wanted hubby to stop at Dairy Queen!! I told him this same thing ... that we only have 6 more hours, then no more ice cream. But ... he refused to stop :D
  • mytime6630
    edited January 2019
    Garden of Lights at Botanical Garden

wta0x0cmbfsp.jpg
    qlfkfbuxkrd0.jpg
    id7gad0h5uv2.jpg
    h5f0f92kr0f0.jpg

Beautifil!! I SO wanted to go to our Botanical Gardens tonite ... but could not convince hubby and daughter to go :'( This is the last nite we could have gone until next year. Next year, I told him that I am just going to go myself. But tonite is a beautiful evening -- in the low 40s! Still could not convince them to go (hubby thinks all the drunk drivers are out.... and daughter is having pretty bad panic attacks!). So, no more feeling sorry for myself ... but thank you for sharing your beautiful, peaceful pictures!
  • mytime6630
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    right well it's new year in 25 mins for me

I want to thank you ALL for an amazing year!
    you've all done brilliantly!
    I think I've come quite far this year, not weight wise but with my personal development.
    I still have a lot of growing up to do and i really need to get my head screwed on in 2019, I'm very reliant on my partner and want to become more independent so I can better cope with unexpected things.

I'm hoping to see you all in the new thread.
    you k how I love the end of a year. because in January everyone joins this thread and by December we're a group of really good friends who stuck by each other and it's nice to see who made it through the year with us!

I'm gonna post my year goals in the new thread, mainly because I haven't really had to time to think of them.

I want to thank you all for your offers of contribution on a GoFundMe page! You are all so kind and loving and you all make me feel like me and my family actually matter when the people closest to home dont even show us that much love.
    you are all very special to me

I love you all, its nice to know I have REAL friends

we should all have a group Skype chat one day LOL.

Happy New Year Bex!! Lets end this crappy new year, and get started with the new year!. I am praying that 2019 will be a good one for you as well. Love you to pieces ... hang in there dear. Tough times do make people stronger. We all love you here ..... please do let us know the outcome of the disability. I am so happy someone came through to help you with the washer.
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,509 Member

wta0x0cmbfsp.jpg
    qlfkfbuxkrd0.jpg
    id7gad0h5uv2.jpg
    h5f0f92kr0f0.jpg

SO beautiful!!!
  • Snowflake1968
    edited January 2019

wta0x0cmbfsp.jpg
    qlfkfbuxkrd0.jpg
    id7gad0h5uv2.jpg
    h5f0f92kr0f0.jpg

So beautiful!
  • Snowflake1968
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    I saw this and it made me chuckle. Hope it makes you chuckle too.
    arzxmnyen9zc.jpeg

LOVE THis!!!! We went out to eat ... and I SO wanted hubby to stop at Dairy Queen!! I told him this same thing ... that we only have 6 more hours, then no more ice cream. But ... he refused to stop :D

Lol he was saving you from yourself!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,414 Member
    edited January 2019

wta0x0cmbfsp.jpg
    qlfkfbuxkrd0.jpg
    id7gad0h5uv2.jpg
    h5f0f92kr0f0.jpg

beautiful! I've always wanted to go to this! Maybe this weekend!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Therapy exercises. Tea. Meds. Log 1 item.
    2. Wash dishes and put away. Wash laundry and put away.
    3. Write another blog post.
    4. Go for a run at 2:00.
    5. Begin planning for a class that I just got assigned. Happy freaking new year. Ugh.
    6. Check fridge and pantry and make grocery list.
    7. Grade the last bit of late work.
    8. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    October: 185.4
    November: 188.2
    Today: 189.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Regular: needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    3. Find out if a second masters pays the same as an EdS (email HH). Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Gifts for dad and DH - look for licorice puffs (Dollar Tree), cookbook. Fix laptop bag. Find a recipe for squash soup that looks good.
    8. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, Harvey Mansfield, or Robert Adams). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.

So, I apparently didn't gain weight while I was visiting family, which is awesome, because there was SO MUCH FOOD. Tomorrow I need to go to the Y by the mall, and the downtown library, and I have a therapy appointment. I think I want to try to get to the library in the evening when parking is free.
  • mytime6630
    Here is the link to the 2019 thread!! I hope you all come over there with me!!!!! 2019 will be our year, but no matter what, the friendships formed on unbreakable!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10714976/just-for-today-daily-commitment-thread-for-2019/p1?new=1
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Checking in from Tuesday
    2. Wash dishes and put away. Wash laundry and put away.
    3. Write another blog post.
    4. Go for a run at 3:00.
    5. Begin planning for a class that I just got assigned. Happy freaking new year. Ugh.
    6. Check fridge and pantry and make grocery list.
    7. Grade the last bit of late work. Work on Caesar vocab.
    8. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10.

JFT Wednesday
    2. Head to Y by 8:15. Zumba. Strength. Notes on exercises. Take keys and go by parents' house and take the mail in. Get milk.
    3. Prep for English I. Choose works? Groceries? GRADING.
    4. Leave for therapy by 1:15. Sketch out semester for English I. Write another blog post.
    5. Pay for next class. Go to library and pick up book on hold. Cookbook? Need a copy of On Writing.
    6. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10. Alarm set for 5:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    October: 185.4
    November: 188.2
    Today: 189.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Regular: needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    3. Find out if a second masters pays the same as an EdS (email HH). Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Gifts for dad and DH - look for licorice puffs (Dollar Tree), cookbook. Fix laptop bag. Find a recipe for squash soup that looks good.
    8. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, Harvey Mansfield, or Robert Adams). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.

Went to see Green Book tonight. Put me past my bedtime, but it was an awesome movie. And I got another blog post written! WOOO!
  • mytime6630

Went to see Green Book tonight. Put me past my bedtime, but it was an awesome movie. And I got another blog post written! WOOO!

Do you have a link to your blog posts? I would love to read them if available??
    Also ... how do you do the "spoiler" posts? I would like to do that with my weigh-ins that I plan to start doing weekly.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,149 Member
    @mytime6630 [ spoiler ] *text* [ / spoiler ]

also theres a button, erm, in the toolbar next to the bold, italics, bulletpoints, theres a paragraph icon, looks like a backwards P and a line and it's in there.
  • Sofia_Alegria
    Sofia_Alegria Posts: 57 Member
    Happy New Year's to All!

Checking in after a two week hiatus. I totally did wrong over my break and gained back the few (4) lbs that I had lost. Way overate, did not log anything, and very little exercise so I'm not surprised with the results of this train wreck. :'(

On a positive note, we accomplished the two home projects (put in shelving in master closet, extended garage roofing so that we can keep our travel trailer covered) plus filed for homestead exemption for our new home. Oh, I almost forgot: I also unpacked at least 7 boxes so our spare bedroom is finally starting to look like it should :)

I also visited my Mom whom I had to tell that she won't be going back to her apartment and will now be permanently at the ALF. She took it better than I thought but has been having some off days; I guess that's to be expected. The doctor confirmed that she also has had another mini stroke so we're crossing our fingers and saying our prayers that she won't have any more b/c that would mean even more loss of brain function and mobility :'(

I am more than ready for another year of JFT so I'll have to park my weight gain and vacation derailment so that I can move on starting today.

I have not read the almost 300 posts that came in while I was away but that will be one of my goals during this week. I've tons of e-mails waiting in my in box so I have to be brief today:

JFT 1/7/19
    _Log, log, log everything I eat
    -Water, water, water
    _Read, read, read at least one page of posts

Hugs to all <3
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,414 Member
    @Sofia_Alegria Glad to see you back! I'm so sorry about your mom. That has to be terribly difficult! But yea for the home projects! :) I think we all felt the "pain" of the holidays. I know I sure saw my scale go up!

Joan started a new thread for 2019 so we could all start fresh with the new year. I'm sharing the link with you, below. Come and join us there!
    Here is the link to the 2019 thread!! I hope you all come over there with me!!!!! 2019 will be our year, but no matter what, the friendships formed on unbreakable!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10714976/just-for-today-daily-commitment-thread-for-2019/p1?new=1
  • Sofia_Alegria
    Sofia_Alegria Posts: 57 Member
    @PackerFanInGB thanks so much for your welcome back :) Though I'm not glad you gained weight, it makes me feel better to know that I am not alone :D.
    Thanks also for the 2019 thread. I'll go back to it and start posting. Have a great afternoon B)