JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    I am in! Job one was restarting my profile for 2019 - done.
    Today the goal is at least 2litres of water (I am rubbish with hydration)

I am the same way with water. I don't know why I can't remember to drink water ... I have to work hard at this yet!
  • mytime6630
    edited January 2019
    Options
    JFT, Thurs, Jan 3
    1. log all food :) But ... 1530 calories! :s
    2. concentrate on 8+ glasses water :/
    3. go to the gym :)
    4. write in my gratitude journal :)
    5. work on business tax stuff :)
    6. finish the tote bag for my friend :) Ready to give it to her saturday!
    7. mindful eating --- am I really hungry :/:/ Stressed eating again ... this time peanuts! They are very high in calories, but... I logged it, and am being accountable. Have to remember my water instead. Evening is my hardest time ... I do great all day long, only to cave in the evenings. So today I bought a pretty fruit basket...and filled it with fruit. Hoping tomorrow nite if I want something to eat.... I will just grab a piece of fruit... and a glass of water!
    8. get back on here ... be accountable. :)
    9. remember my goals :/ Gave into eating peanuts ... but with my exercise, even though I am over the calories I wanted to be, I think I am still OK.

JFT, Fri
    1. log all food
    2. mindful eating
    3. take down christmas decorations ... inside and outside
    4. clean house so I can have the weekend free (suppose to be in the 50s and 60s!!!
    5. work on business tax stuff
    6. mindful eating
    7. DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!! Operation Red Cup -- January Challenge
  • mytime6630
    edited January 2019
    Options
    JANUARY CHALLENGE:

Each month I will try and do a challenge ... so if anyone has ideas for challenges, please let me know. Because I usually tend to do challenges of things I struggle with (like no eating after a certain time, drinking water, gratitude journals, planning meals, etc.), they may not help some who do not have these issues. So I would love to hear any suggestions.

Here is a challenge I did last year ..... hopefully this may help some, for others, drinking water is not a problem, so it will be easy for some.

We called this "Operation Red Cup Challenge" ! (Actually @toaljasa - named it that!). But the challenge is to try and concentrate on drinking at least 8 cups of water a day. For me, I do this by placing a red cup in the kitchen, or in the bathroom ... anywhere to remind me that when I look at this cup, I remember to drink a glass of water. You can use any cup, or anything that will remind you to get in your 8+ glasses of water each day.

And record this along with your goals -- so you are accountable!
  • mytime6630
    edited January 2019
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    @mytime6630 This is for you! Operation Red Cup!!! (I've had to set my glass back on the counter :)
    0sb4b9xp2g85.png

January Challenge!!!!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Friday 4 Jan
    Drink water - I definitely need the January challenge as I keep forgetting. My Fitbit reminds me to move so I will try to drink when the reminder goes off
    Meet Fitbit excercise goals
    Start the morning with a walk and blow away the cobwebs from a poor nights sleep
    Stay in the green
    5 portions of fruit and vey
    Put 10 things away
    Decluttering - not set a target, I think the original 10 a day was too optimistic on a work day but I will try as the house needs it!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    JANUARY CHALLENGE:

Each month I will try and do a challenge ... so if anyone has ideas for challenges, please let me know. Because I usually tend to do challenges of things I struggle with (like no eating after a certain time, drinking water, gratitude journals, planning meals, etc.), they may not help some who do not have these issues. So I would love to hear any suggestions.

Here is a challenge I did last year ..... hopefully this may help some, for others, drinking water is not a problem, so it will be easy for some.

We called this "Operation Red Cup Challenge" ! (Actually @toaljasa - named it that!). But the challenge is to try and concentrate on drinking at least 8 cups of water a day. For me, I do this by placing a red cup in the kitchen, or in the bathroom ... anywhere to remind me that when I look at this cup, I remember to drink a glass of water. You can use any cup, or anything that will remind you to get in your 8+ glasses of water each day.

And record this along with your goals -- so you are accountable!
    @mytime6630 This is for you! Operation Red Cup!!! (I've had to set my glass back on the counter :)
    0sb4b9xp2g85.png

January Challenge!!!!

Thank you, I definitely need this one, I keep forgetting to drink enough and I'm not good at logging what I do drink
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    A few changes to my plans for today as remembered some important jobs that need doing on this last day of school hols. Revised JFT

Friday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - Finish laundry
    - Older daughter’s room
    - Take clothes to charity shop/recycling bank
    - Take instruments back to rental shops
    - Kids pack for weekend with their dad
    - Wash kids hair
    - Email lawyer
    - Meet N for coffee in the afternoon/ walk with kids
    - Health food store
    - Online grocery shop ✅
    - Stay mindful in the evening - re-read 2019 goals
    - Early night
  • jchurch711
    jchurch711 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Reading these posts are motivation in itself. Thanks for startig this.
  • kkcruickshank
    kkcruickshank Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Today I will spend an hour in the gym, meet my water goal and stay within my calorie limit!
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Thursday, 1/3/2019)
    1) Shovel the driveway (fun, fun, fun) :)
    2) Log all the food I eat :/
    3) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake for the day :s
    4) Drink 8 glasses of water before having a Diet Coke :/

Well, yesterday was a complete bust! :-( Instead of hiding from this board until I have a good day again though, I'm keeping myself accountable. Ugh! Today will be better.

JFT (Friday, 1/4/2019)
    1) Go to the gym
    2) Log all the food I eat
    3) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake for the day
    4) Drink 8 glasses of water before having a Diet Coke
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @toalijasa @faebert Thank you, both.
    My daughter was better, yesterday, and got shot that she really needed to have. Also, she saw ob/gyn high risk doctor.

I am going to quote @sarah74_vt and say, "Me, too". "Well, yesterday was a complete bust! :-( Instead of hiding from this board until I have a good day again though, I'm keeping myself accountable. Ugh! Today will be better."

JFT 1/4/19 Friday
    *Red cup challenge- but 4 cups will be acceptable for me. That is how poor I am at drinking water. Just 4 cups daily is HUGE for me.
    *Stay in the Green
    *Stay focused!!! - (no matter what, no excuses... I can make them for every meal and every bite, but not going to pass muster this year).

Let's all make it a great day!!
    Elbee1
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday January 3rd
    2L of water - 1.5 if I had that last 500 ml, I would have been up in the night again.
    Calories in Green - 🙂
    Walk 1 Mile - 3 mile Leslie Sansone
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 🙂 5/5
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🙂

JFT - Friday January 4th
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

Yesterday was a mixed bag of emotions. I met a friend for lunch and had a great, if short, visit. We have a date for a day together on Jan 20th. She also gave me contact information on a friend of hers that creates resumes for a side job. She is going to review my resume.

I got home from that and finally was able to view my ROE online. The company had put Dismissal on it, with a note in the comment stating it wasn’t performance related. This is what has been holding up my EI. I contacted the payroll guy and he says he will fix it. Hopefully that speeds this up.

Today would have been my Dad’s 77th Birthday. I miss him so much, we had a rough go of it for a lot of my growing up years, but we became really good friends. I talked to him more than I did Mom.
    The Grands are coming for a sleepover tonight and we’ll have them early in the day and probably until later tomorrow. I will be exhausted tomorrow night.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    jchurch711 wrote: »
    Reading these posts are motivation in itself. Thanks for startig this.

That’s what I found when I started reading these posts in March of 2018. I started responding and joining in by April and think I’ve only missed a couple days since!
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I've been a member here for years, although with my intermittent logging and weight gain you wouldn't know it.

Starting back up this year I'm trying a few things; do what works for me-I can't sustain a keto diet, I can log my calories and pay attention, along with keto (because it's popular) I'm going to ignore any dietary advice from guys at work. If I'm hungry and have an apple I don't want to be afraid to eat that apple-skipping that is what leads to me eating cake later. No.one can tell me an apple is the same as cake.

Anyway, started on the 1st and one day at a time I plan to log my food and stay away from fast food or convenience food for at least 30 days. And to not listen to any stupid diet advice or tips from people living on dip, monster, and anything else not the best for you.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @mytime6630 I read somewhere once that a “trick” to avoid mindless eating was if you wouldn’t eat an apple you weren’t hungry and didn’t need anything. If you still wanted something, eat the apple. Your fruit bowl may be a great idea!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Recap R 1/3 ~ Remain calm ~ pray and breathe in, breathe out = Realized antidote to feeling crummy is helping someone who is having a worse day. :smile:
    1) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories zero / 14c water = Net calories green 16 (after logging activity for dealing w/ tree) :D , sodium -105 (not bad), sugar -16 :| , fiber & protein good (yay) & 14c water (yay)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings = Fitbit 10,952 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 30 floors :smiley:
    3) Workplace mindfulness hike at lunchtime ~ today will be snowshoeing = not enough snow for snowshoes, so we hiked on trails in 5" of fresh snow, which was a good workout ~ 122 calories burned per Fitbit. :smiley: I so needed this & we saw tracks of deer, rabbits & even coyotes (we think). :o
    4) Evening: boil eggs :smiley: then I knocked bowl over this morning so most shells are cracked :# / put clean dishes away :smiley: / undecorate real tree, haul to curb & store ornaments :smiley: took longer than I thought & tree was a beast to remove from stand by myself and lug to curb, but done / declutter 15 min. :smiley: / other to-do's? :smiley: balanced checkbooks & updated budget s/s
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 :smiley: / floss :( / retainers :smiley: / set/verify alarm, bed & tv off 10:30 :smiley: (rest day F)

JFT F 1/4 ~ Rest day. Today at lunch will be first time I have opportunity to see hubby (awake) since we both returned to work on Wed. I'm sure we'll be discussing his new employer & changes being made ~ not going to be a fun talk.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged but not sure if I'll stick w/ plans (leftovers) / net calories zero / 14c water
    3) Clear remaining emails during vacation in work inbox
    4) Evening: do banking / read sales ads / vacuum tree needles & put furniture back / put presents away / other to-do's?
    5) Unplug 10:00 (no alarm Sat.) / FLOSS / retainers / bed & tv off 11:00
  • Mbodied
    Mbodied Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Loving reading this thread and ready to join you all as we reach our goals. I have slipped off track with my workouts and my eating and I am excited to step back into good habits and incorporate new ones. My life is much busier than it used to be, so my daily goals need to be more practical, including shorter workouts and planned/prepared meals. My goal is also to eat with my best health in mind and take a moment to pause and check in with myself before I put food in my mouth.

Broad Goals
    -30 minute workouts at least 5 days a week
    -Yoga once/week
    -Hiking once/week
    -Pause for self-check-in before eating
    -Plan meals for the day in am or night before
    -Center my meals on tasty vegetables, fats, and proteins, some fruit, few grains and legumes
    -Drink at least 80oz water each day
    -Spend downtime in a way that feels enriching (limited phone and TV)
    -Go to sleep by 10pm, unless actively working on a project

JFT
    30 minutes of walking
    10 minutes of stretching
    Eat planned meals
    Meal prep lamb, lentils, and zucchini
    Drink 80 oz water
    1 hour TV max
    Bed by 10pm
    Finish 1st draft of report

I am committed to showing my body how much I appreciate it and becoming fit af with patience and diligence by taking care of it healthily and lovingly every day.

Let’s do this!
    Em
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    ejohndrow wrote: »
    I've been a member here for years, although with my intermittent logging and weight gain you wouldn't know it.

Starting back up this year I'm trying a few things; do what works for me-I can't sustain a keto diet, I can log my calories and pay attention, along with keto (because it's popular) I'm going to ignore any dietary advice from guys at work. If I'm hungry and have an apple I don't want to be afraid to eat that apple-skipping that is what leads to me eating cake later. No.one can tell me an apple is the same as cake.

Anyway, started on the 1st and one day at a time I plan to log my food and stay away from fast food or convenience food for at least 30 days. And to not listen to any stupid diet advice or tips from people living on dip, monster, and anything else not the best for you.

I have found that the less I tell people about my weight loss goals the better off I am! I don’t want to justify to anyone and truthfully it’s no ones business how I do it.

Now in saying that, I do share on here because I find no one judges. I am not a “clean” eater by any stretch of the imagination. I don’t limit carbs (although I really should) I just try very hard to be in the green at the end of the day.

Good luck and keep coming back, I find this group has been instrumental in helping lose up to 25 lbs this past year. Right now it’s only a 20 lb loss because I gained over the holidays.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Woops looks like I didnt even post goals today

its already 5.30pm but here they are
    - 8 glasses of water (Jan challenge)
    - Be in the green
    - Find a decent journaling app (any recommendations?) I've got one atm but not too keen on the design/interface(?)
    - Exercise, yikes maybe, I might have to to be in the green but I don't know what I want to do.
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    0sb4b9xp2g85.png

January Challenge!!!!

I’m in. Managed one cup today. Will try but that’s quite a feat for me to get one cup drunk 🥴