Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• labtech666
    labtech666 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting after falling off the healthy eating wagon last year. I have around 20lbs to lose and am looking for supportive friends
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    bubbrtftq4b6.jpeg
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    bubbrtftq4b6.jpeg

You got this!!!
  • sweetnic
    sweetnic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ladies, are you giving up wine because you want too? Or is there health risks involved? I only ask because I am a steadfast Michelob Ultra drinker. I have drank it the entire time while losing weight. I have lost over 50 pounds still drinking. I work in construction with a lot of guys, so beer is always a necessity....LOL

I am cutting out wine because after a couple glasses I hit the pantry for snacks. I can’t just seem to have one glass and call it quits for now. I am going to make it through January alcohol free and then add it back in on weekends only and see how it goes. Definitely not quitting for health reasons!!
  • sweetnic
    Options
    How do you add a friend?

I sent you a friend request!!
  • sweetnic
    Options
    I'm 41 and looking to lose about 100 lbs. Feel free to add me.

I need to lose about 75, focusing on 25 at a time. For some reason the smaller number seems like it will be easier. 😂🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Michelllecx7
    Michelllecx7 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Btw, what type of diet or wokout is everyone doing? Low cal, keto etc.

I just started a 16/8 fast schedule yesterday. Has anyone else ever done this? It seems simple enough. But wish me luck please!
    I also decided to do a Dry January at the same time. UGH.

I am also fasting 16/8. I started on the 01 Jan. Must agree ot is going great.
  • winodini
    winodini Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Looking to add supportive friends for this journey! Mom of 3
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! What kind of plans does everyone have this weekend? Tonight we are doing late Christmas with my parents and brothers, and my parents are doing a full turkey dinner--YIKES! I have to seriously count every single bite I take and be mindful of how much I am eating! Other than that I have no real plans this weekend. I am "de-Christmasing" the house and putting all the decorations away, and then spending the weekend cleaning and organizing the house and doing other domestic chores. Mostly a quiet, boring weekend, but I'm going to get a few workouts in and drink lots of water!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    sweetnic wrote: »
    Ladies, are you giving up wine because you want too? Or is there health risks involved? I only ask because I am a steadfast Michelob Ultra drinker. I have drank it the entire time while losing weight. I have lost over 50 pounds still drinking. I work in construction with a lot of guys, so beer is always a necessity....LOL

I am cutting out wine because after a couple glasses I hit the pantry for snacks. I can’t just seem to have one glass and call it quits for now. I am going to make it through January alcohol free and then add it back in on weekends only and see how it goes. Definitely not quitting for health reasons!!

I totally understand that!!!!I wish you the best of luck! You can do it!!!
  • springsweet
    springsweet Posts: 184 Member
    Options

I'm giving up wine because of the extra calories. I know it's keeping me from losing weight. I like beer ok, but not like I like wine.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    DaniMerc72 wrote: »
    Happy Friday! What kind of plans does everyone have this weekend? Tonight we are doing late Christmas with my parents and brothers, and my parents are doing a full turkey dinner--YIKES! I have to seriously count every single bite I take and be mindful of how much I am eating! Other than that I have no real plans this weekend. I am "de-Christmasing" the house and putting all the decorations away, and then spending the weekend cleaning and organizing the house and doing other domestic chores. Mostly a quiet, boring weekend, but I'm going to get a few workouts in and drink lots of water!

Happy Friday to you!!
    I am planning on getting the rest of my stuff together for our trip to Punta Cana on 1/14/19. I am so excited and always have a tendency to pack early and way too much, so I am cutting back this time(keeping fingers crossed)
    We have a tee time for tomorrow @ 11 which should be fun since it's going to be almost 60 here in Missouri:) Other than that, much like you doing the domestic chores....UGH
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options

I'm giving up wine because of the extra calories. I know it's keeping me from losing weight. I like beer ok, but not like I like wine.
    I wish you the best of luck!!! I know I could not give up my Michelob Ultra, somebody, probably my guys at work and my hubby would get hurt...LOL
    Have a great weekend!
  • springsweet
    springsweet Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Btw, what type of diet or wokout is everyone doing? Low cal, keto etc.

I just started a 16/8 fast schedule yesterday. Has anyone else ever done this? It seems simple enough. But wish me luck please!
    I also decided to do a Dry January at the same time. UGH.

I am also fasting 16/8. I started on the 01 Jan. Must agree ot is going great.

What do you do on the weekends? Stick to the 16/8 strictly?
    I think I may have made a mistake in taking on too much at once. I have quit alcohol, started this fast and the hubby and I are working to pay off our debt! So after 7:00 tonight, I can't eat, drink or spend money! ARRRGHHH!
  • jmgr9993
    jmgr9993 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    DaniMerc72 wrote: »

Not sure what of the country you are from, in Ohio we are experiencing some unusual weather for January... it feels like spring warm and sunny!!! So we are hoping to get out of the house this weekend and tackle some hiking 😊 hope everything goes well with the turkey dinner !!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Happy Saturday Lovely Ladies, I hope you all have a Fantabulous weekend!
  • wendsg
    wendsg Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Woo, 40 here. Got a goodly bit to lose - 20 to my first goal, 30 to full target weight... and to compound matters, I just started active cycling a little over a year ago. Fell off the wagon, and now I've got the toughest ride of the year staring me in the face, waving at me from only 3 months out. Ugh! Gotta get this power to weight ratio back under control! :(
  • sweetnic
    Options
    Happy Saturday Lovely Ladies, I hope you all have a Fantabulous weekend!

Happy Saturday to you!! I’ve got a busy day today - going to need to really exert some willpower when we celebrate my sons birthday at the bowling alley this afternoon. Fortunately, I won’t be tempted to eat birthday cake since I am gluten intolerant. 😂👍🏻.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Have the weekend is over and I am managing to keep things under control. My husband wants to go vegetarian but the kids and I are not on board. So we compromised and are having meatless Saturdays. Today was our first and I’m having trouble figuring out meals that are healthy and all will eat. Dinner is going to be a frozen meatless meal for me. The kids are having bean and cheese burritos and my husband is doing his usual beans and rice. Not a great start but at least we all did it!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Have the weekend is over and I am managing to keep things under control. My husband wants to go vegetarian but the kids and I are not on board. So we compromised and are having meatless Saturdays. Today was our first and I’m having trouble figuring out meals that are healthy and all will eat. Dinner is going to be a frozen meatless meal for me. The kids are having bean and cheese burritos and my husband is doing his usual beans and rice. Not a great start but at least we all did it!

I eat meat for the protein, but I don't enjoy most of it. Never have since I was a kid. My mom wouldn't let me be a vegetarian however. I feel that pretty much any dish tastes better minus the meat. LOL Just cook what you normally would and leave out the meat. Now, if you were doing this for more than a meal/day, of course you would have to be more careful about the nutritional balance. I stick to seafood/eggs/dairy for the most part for my protein sources so I would make a great pescatarian. I like jerky too much however to completely give up meat.