Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• alvarezadriana968
    alvarezadriana968 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and I would love to connect with you all who are in the same boat! I have maybe 10-15 lbs to lose, and it's not easy. Post here, add me as a friend - let's do this together!

I'm 41 also. Feel free to add me
  • kddavis35
    kddavis35 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 42, and have used MFP off and on for years. Can’t stay consistent though. I have about 25-30 pounds to lose, 10 of those I would like to lose in the next 6 weeks. It’s not as easy as it used to be.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Welcome all new ladies!!! This is an AWESOME group of ladies full of support and comradery. :):):)
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    u4sddjxwbuq9.png
    Good Morning Ladies, let's kick some booty today :):)
  • abbyjack2
    abbyjack2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    kddavis35 wrote: »
    I am 42, and have used MFP off and on for years. Can’t stay consistent though. I have about 25-30 pounds to lose, 10 of those I would like to lose in the next 6 weeks. It’s not as easy as it used to be.

I am in the same boat. Seems like it is harder to lose and easy to gain. I bought a food scale and have been trying to weigh more of my food to get an idea of how big of portions I am actually eating. So between eating healthier and exercising, I have started to see some weight loss...just not as fast as I would like. Keep fighting the good fight!
  • southernmom3
    southernmom3 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    First name: Eileen
    Where I am from: Mississippi. Single mom to two. Grandma to two. Blessed
    Any pets: No pets at the moment
    Work: Accounting
    Hobbies: I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. Being outside. Gardening. Camping. Hiking. Fishing. Quilting. Helping others
    Fun fact: Even though I can’t swim and am terrified of water. A few years ago I tackled that fear for a day and went white water rafting in Montana with my son and sister and her family. It was fun even if I was scared. I did it. We can overcome the things that hold us back from enjoying life if we just try yo take that first step.
  • AgileK9
    AgileK9 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Anyone thrown out their scale or just hidden it?

It's such a source of frustration for me. I've gained 5-7 pounds in the last year but I started lifting and biking a ton. I really think it's muscle but I'm still a prisoner to the scale. It sits there in my bathroom and just mocks me. My clothes fit the same or better. My measurements are a bit better but I think where I've lost some hip fat, I've gained bootie muscle ;-) so that hasn't really changed.

I'm thinking about just taking it to my storage unit and leaving it there where it can't convince me to step on it.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    AgileK9 wrote: »
    Anyone thrown out their scale or just hidden it?

It's such a source of frustration for me. I've gained 5-7 pounds in the last year but I started lifting and biking a ton. I really think it's muscle but I'm still a prisoner to the scale. It sits there in my bathroom and just mocks me. My clothes fit the same or better. My measurements are a bit better but I think where I've lost some hip fat, I've gained bootie muscle ;-) so that hasn't really changed.

I'm thinking about just taking it to my storage unit and leaving it there where it can't convince me to step on it.

Me. I weigh myself about every 6 months or so. More because I know it's not going to change my habits right now, so why torture myself with it? What I will do is take periodic progress pictures and compare them to what I looked like at past weights. Then when I weigh myself and see that I've gained weight I can look back to see what pic I looked the same at previously and determine whether I gained muscle or not. I can tell if I need to lose fat by what I can pinch. I don't need the scale to tell me that.
  • valleemic
    valleemic Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am at it again and would love some 40 year old girl power! Feel free to add me!

Height: 5'0''
    SW: 161.3
    CW: 147.8
    GW: 120
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 75 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hi!
    I think I’ve posted here before (can’t find it)
    Name: Jackie
    Where do I live?: Ontario Canada
    Work: house keeper and retail
    Hobbies: walking, scrapbooking
    Family: married (25yrs next month)
    Two amazing daughters (22&18)
    Diet choice: keto, intermittent fasting (16/8)
    mfp(500+days)
    Pets: 2 dogs Harley and Sheeba
    S.w. When I first joined mfp 225
    (but didn’t log it too embarrassed)
    C.w. 165
    G.w. 140
    Goals: to be fit not “ripped”
    Please feel free to add me, I believe that the more support we have the better we do and the more committed we are
  • katetopolski
    katetopolski Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost 20# on mfp four years ago while in nursing school. Since I graduated and started working FT as a nurse, I’ve gained it all back plus 5#. I cant seem to lose it again, have been trying for two years now. My friends are longer on mfp, so I’m hoping you all will add me as a friend and be my accountability partners! I’m almost 44 yo and need to get healthy again! Thanks for considering adding me as a friend!
  • kenkel4
    kenkel4 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I’m struggling with a migraines today. It’s been a few years since I have had one. My way of coping with pain and sadness is food. I’m currently hiding in my bedroom.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    kenkel4 wrote: »
    I’m struggling with a migraines today. It’s been a few years since I have had one. My way of coping with pain and sadness is food. I’m currently hiding in my bedroom.

I'm sorry to hear this :'(:'( I hope you feel better soon!!!! By the way, what part of Missouri are you in? I'm in Columbia.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    valleemic wrote: »
    I am at it again and would love some 40 year old girl power! Feel free to add me!

Height: 5'0''
    SW: 161.3
    CW: 147.8
    GW: 120

You got this!!! I will send a request :)
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    I lost 20# on mfp four years ago while in nursing school. Since I graduated and started working FT as a nurse, I’ve gained it all back plus 5#. I cant seem to lose it again, have been trying for two years now. My friends are longer on mfp, so I’m hoping you all will add me as a friend and be my accountability partners! I’m almost 44 yo and need to get healthy again! Thanks for considering adding me as a friend!

You can do it!!!! I'll send a request :)
  • kenkel4
    kenkel4 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    kenkel4 wrote: »

I'm sorry to hear this :'(:'( I hope you feel better soon!!!! By the way, what part of Missouri are you in? I'm in Columbia.

I am on Joplin
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    vldh0ueluz73.png
    Happy Hump Day Ladies!!!!!
  • girlspartan
    girlspartan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have been back on MFP for about 4 months now. I am 41 Mom of 2 and only have about 13 lbs to lose but it all is in my stomach area . I keep my calories at 1200 and do cardio three times a week but the weight does not seem to move! Any suggestions ?

Wish everyone well !
  • daisyf717
    daisyf717 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have been back on MFP for about 4 months now. I am 41 Mom of 2 and only have about 13 lbs to lose but it all is in my stomach area . I keep my calories at 1200 and do cardio three times a week but the weight does not seem to move! Any suggestions ?

Wish everyone well !

I’d add weight lifting, but that’s just from my experience with turning 40 (so it may not be the same for you). I just felt like I couldn’t get the weight off and my weight was fluctuating a lot. I added weight lifting and it’s taken some trial and error (I’m 42)... and I’ve lost interest/motivation and then gotten it back a time or two... but it’s definitely better than it was.
    I’d add the “use a scale for everything you eat advice too” really does work for me. I like to eat and I’m not good hungry so I’ve really had to clean up my diet and weigh everything. And balancing eating with lifting can be hard, but it’s doable. Just a slow process (for me personally).
  • Savagedistraction
    Savagedistraction Posts: 312 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hey! 47 here. Been athletic my whole life, and got derailed by a back Injury last spring. Went from daily exercise (boxing, Jiu Jitsu, Weight training, hiking, running) to barely being able to bend over. 24 monthes later I am weak, 30 pounds heavier (I was used to being able to eat whatever I want because of my activity level), and finally pain free. Weighed in at 175, goal 145. Want to lost it by sept 23 (my 48th birthday). Not sure how active this group is, but here I am!