Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    dblst10 wrote: »
    Finally Friday! I’ll do better this weekend than I did last weekend with eating regularly! Right?!?!?!
    You can do it, one step at a time!!

• winodini
    winodini Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    dblst10 wrote: »
    Finally Friday! I’ll do better this weekend than I did last weekend with eating regularly! Right?!?!?!

Right! You can do this! 💪🏻
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    50o1vi1miin9.jpg
    This will definitely be me today, getting ready to head to Punta Cana on Monday for a week of fun in the sun :):):)
    Have a Fantabulous Friday Ladies and keep on keeping on!!!!

So jealous!
  • amayk
    amayk Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 49, soon to be 50. Friends and support are great, so add me if you like.
  • L1nda1976
    L1nda1976 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi.. I'm Linda. I turned 42 in November and I also need to lose 10-15 lbs.. I did Everest Base Camp in September and have gained 7 pounds since then 🙄 I just gave myself permission to be bold as I had achieved s major goal, so here I am.. Feel free to add me too please as support and motivation is very welcome..
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Will be 43 in October and I need to improve my health. According to the doctor I need to lose 40 lbs. I have been going to the gym and training for the Bataan Memorial Death March but still can't get the scale to move. I know I have just got to keep going but really consider eating ice cream instead.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    L1nda1976 wrote: »
    Hi.. I'm Linda. I turned 42 in November and I also need to lose 10-15 lbs.. I did Everest Base Camp in September and have gained 7 pounds since then 🙄 I just gave myself permission to be bold as I had achieved s major goal, so here I am.. Feel free to add me too please as support and motivation is very welcome..

Wow! What an accomplishment! At least now you know you can achieve whatever you set your sights on, so you know those 7lbs will be gone before you know it.
  • cscibior
    cscibior Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Just sitting down with my cup of coffee with NO chocolate. 😓. What is everyone’s goals besides losing weight? I am working on getting my horse to compete in agility this summer. I want to earn ribbons in every category!
  • sweetnic
    sweetnic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    ksales507 wrote: »
    Hi ladies - I’m new to MFP. My biggest frustration is that losing weight for me now is soooooo much slower and harder than when I was younger with more free time. The challenge of sticking with a program with the duration and discipline needed to see any results while juggling all the other demands of life is daunting. But I’m gonna try! If you’re in the same boat, I’d love to add friends here and help keep each other on track. Happy Tuesday!

I am right there with you! I am sadly accepting that the days of mindless snacking and drinking has got to come to an end and disciplined eating needs to be in control!
  • sweetnic
    Options
    winodini wrote: »
    sweetnic wrote: »
    winodini wrote: »
    Made it to the gym this evening and felt so motivated!

Great job!!

Thank you! It’s been a busy week with kid school activities so I was very glad I committed and didn’t talk myself into not going. It’s s struggle! My kids lead busier lives than I and I’m just a tagalong haha!

It is hard! 3 kids all with after school activities - and Saturday and Sunday!! Scheduling time for myself has not been a priority.
  • cscibior
    Options
    What’s everyone doing this weekend? This is my first weekend counting calories in a loooong time! I am trying to make it a positive thing... 😬
  • jmgr9993
    jmgr9993 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Should be a fun weekend.., we are buckling down for the major snow storm heading our way!! Who knows might be a good weekend to be a kid again and go sled riding. That is always a good work out walking through heaps of snow and up a giant hill. I know my kids are excited!!
  • sweetnic
    Options
    cscibior wrote: »
    What’s everyone doing this weekend? This is my first weekend counting calories in a loooong time! I am trying to make it a positive thing... 😬

No big plans for me this weekend. My son has a basketball game this afternoon, then the snow is supposed to start rolling in this evening -hoping we get the 6 -8” they are predicting, because I plan on gearing up and sledding in the neighborhood with my kids tomorrow!!
  • sweetnic
    Options
    jmgr9993 wrote: »
    Should be a fun weekend.., we are buckling down for the major snow storm heading our way!! Who knows might be a good weekend to be a kid again and go sled riding. That is always a good work out walking through heaps of snow and up a giant hill. I know my kids are excited!!

I am hoping to do the same thing! Sleds and snow gear are ready to go!
  • cscibior
    Options
    We aren’t getting any snow here and I
    Am In upstate ny. So sad. I want to go cross country skiing! 😓.
  • TurquoiseViolet215
    TurquoiseViolet215 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    45 in February!
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    cscibior wrote: »

Plumbing work today and hiking 16 miles tomorrow. Hoping the weather holds until we are done.
  • RoxyWhoShrinkyDink
    RoxyWhoShrinkyDink Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    40 here and thanks to hurricane and holidays I'm back to having 100 to lose.