Women in their 40s!

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    kenkel4 wrote: »
    Reading the above posts makes me curious. What book recommendations does anyone have? I need a new read.

What genres do you like to read?

My favorite books lately have been by Jodi Picoult, Allison Winn Scotch and Emily Griffin. So mostly contemporary fiction

I don't read a whole lot of contemporary fiction, but if you occasionally read historical fiction I highly recommend The Nightingale if you haven't read it. Hands down the best book I've read in the past couple of years. Just be prepared to be torn apart emotionally.
  • Boxn_n_Bellydancn
    Boxn_n_Bellydancn Posts: 171 Member
    amandainmd wrote: »
    First Name: Amanda
    Pets: Clover, a ridiculous 1 year old labradoodle
    Kids: 2 - ages 19 and 17
    Job: School Librarian and Adjunct Professor
    Hobbies: Reading, cooking

I am off and on MFP for a long time, but trying to recommit.

SW: 168
    CW: 165
    GW: 140ish

I hit my forties, peri-menopause, and grad school and gained about 20 pounds in 5 years. I would really like to take it off, but have struggled to get below 160 for the last few years.

Favorite recent concerts: Tedeschi Trucks, Trombone Shorty, seeing Alison Kraus this weekend!
    Favorite recent books: All The Crooked Saints, Maggie Stiefvater; Bear and the Nightingale, Katherine Arden

I LOVE Alison Kraus! I haven't yet had the pleasure of seeing her live. But I think I did hear something recently about her going on tour so I'll have to check it out.

I read the Bear and the Nightingale recently. It was pretty good, but I haven't read the rest of the books in the series yet.

I think the best book(s) I've read pretty recently was the Rebel of the Sands series by Alwyn Hamilton if you like YA.

Sorry, I’m late to the party! Krauss and Paisley singing “Whiskey Lullaby” can’t be beat!!
  • kenkel4
    kenkel4 Posts: 60 Member

Sorry, I’m late to the party! Krauss and Paisley singing “Whiskey Lullaby” can’t be beat!!
    [/quote]

I totally agree!!! Great song.
  • shanstilts
    shanstilts Posts: 29 Member
    Hello ladies:) 41 here, working towards a 40 lb weight loss goal. Feel free to add me!! Its better with friends !!
  • kenkel4
    Happy Weekend! Everyone enjoy your weekend and try to remember that many healthy food choices are also very yummy! It’s about reframing your thoughts; not about depriving yourself.
  • Fizbopper
    Fizbopper Posts: 18 Member
    edited June 2018
    Hi, I’m going on a family weekend and won’t be in control of the cooking all weekend. Any suggestions / secrets on how to stay on track would be very welcomed.
  • girlspartan
    girlspartan Posts: 13 Member
    Fizbopper wrote: »
    Hi, I’m going on a family weekend and won’t be in control of the cooking all weekend. Any suggestions / secrets on how to stay on track would be very welcomed.
    Try Portion control and keep logging so your mindful of your intake. This is always tricky good luck and enjoy !
  • kenkel4
    Almost the weekend! How is everyone?
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Almost the weekend! How is everyone?

Yay, It's Friday!!!! Getting ready to head to the Meramec River and do some floating this weekend, it's gonna be a hot one!!
  • FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 338 Member
    43 y/o and looking to lose 30 lbs. overall. I would love some support as I seem to keep losing and gaining the same 6-7 lbs.
  • 3DCAKE
    3DCAKE Posts: 104 Member
    Hello everyone... 46 here, Happy Friday! heat advisory here in St Louis, Mo. Thinking it will be a Pool weekend. :)
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Hi, I am 43. I've just read 'The Break' by Marian Keyes, I'd recommend it, extremely funny and heart warming all at the same time : )
  • KFitandHealthy
    KFitandHealthy Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I am 41 and I'm trying to lose 10kg. My biggest problem is snacking. Have just started using MFP & my Fitbit to track my food & exercise each day and keep myself accountable :)
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    5ctv6ydza84x.png
    Happy Tuesday Ladies!!! Hope everyone has a Terrific Tuesday :):)
  • HarrietChilds73
    HarrietChilds73 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello Ladies! I am 45 and have just lost 10kg, so moving on to shifting the next 10kg! I am UK based. Would anyone like to be my friend for motivation and encouragement? I have no idea how to add people... :neutral:
  • llh7
    llh7 Posts: 319 Member
    Hello ladies! Turned 41 in February. Started serious fitness and diet last October. Managed to get rid of 25 pounds. Now looking to tone up and show some muscle :smiley: Would love to have some friends for motivation on our journey!
  • Stephnsnyder
    Stephnsnyder Posts: 9 Member
    I will be turning 39 this July but feel much much older. Recently I have been having heart issues along with anxiety and would like to get serious about my health. Would love to join the group.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    I’ve posted before but thought I’d refresh :) The “after” pic is from last week, I’m gonna be 44 years old in a few months B)
    If anyone is interested I’ve posted my story in the “success stories” with the title “I lost 20% of my body weight in 300 days”.
    Short story: went from an obese bmi of 30 to bmi 23.3 over 10 months (and got my waist back :) ) After a lifetime of sedentary living I now walk, hike, run and swim. I found my true passion for trail running! Been maintaining for about 4 years.

z5tnwuo2bz5x.jpeg
  • Optasia
    Optasia Posts: 24 Member
    Would love to join in as well! I’ve lost 40+pnds with more to go. My body is holding onto this weight and I don’t know if it’s a hormonal thing or what, but I’m frustrated. Support would be great!