JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    toaljasa wrote: »
    @mytime6630 This is for you! Operation Red Cup!!! (I've had to set my glass back on the counter :)
    0sb4b9xp2g85.png

January Challenge!!!!

I’m in. Managed one cup today. Will try but that’s quite a feat for me to get one cup drunk 🥴

Yikes that's how I started! just one cup! I had to increase it slowly! it was hard, I still dont get 8 cups in most days, the trick is to get 4 in before lunchtime. now in the morning I have 2 straight away, one with tablets and then a cup of tea but the rest is hard.
    I've definitely found though how much better I function with more water, like I really noticed e it now when i dont drink enough. it was this challenge in 2018 that got me into the habit of drinking water and I'm forever thankful! I'd urge you to give it a damn good go! you'll be surprised the difference it can make!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    JFT
    1. Log food
    2. Exercise
    3. Drink water
    4. Tidy another surface

Had bad day. My lovely furry puss cat of 16 years is ill. Just not himself. Lethargic and not behaving his usual bright self. Been to vets. Took bloods and results not looking good. Low red blood count. Have to take him in on Monday again to leave him for day for an ultrasound. Very worried. He’s my world and with my terminally ill dad living here with me I dont want to lose my furry baby yet. 😢 got enough sorrow on my plate at present. A long worrying weekend ahead.

oh no, does sound like you got lots on your plate!
    do they know what could be wrong with him? and I'm supposing st 16 years old there might not be much they can do for him? :(

I'm sorry to hear about your dad too, that must be equally hard, what kind of terminal illness does he have? that's if you dont mind sharing, maybe one of us has gone through something similar and can offer support. x
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    RECAP JFT 2nd Jan

- 8 glasses of water ❌ only 4, still better than yesterday
    - Be in the green⁉️ I forgot to weigh my dinner and theres no way I can guess on it x
    - Stay calm, think before I speak. I'm very very very tired today, which means I'm very grouchy, so try not to shout at the kids.✔ this has got a red tick because I have stayed calm for my partner and kids but not the enforcer lol!
    - log everything❌
    - try get a nap (unlikely)❌❌❌❌❌

also,
    - Find a way into the attic. need to get the xmas tree box down to get it away, I usually have it all away by now❌

hopefully tomorrow there will be no drama, and hopefully the washer door arrives in the morning so I can start that!

@Bex953172 ... Hugs... I'm here.💕
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Sometimes QUIET speaks louder than Noise.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Friday 4 Jan
    Drink water - I definitely need the January challenge as I keep forgetting. My Fitbit reminds me to move so I will try to drink when the reminder goes off :)
    Meet Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Start the morning with a walk and blow away the cobwebs from a poor nights sleep :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 portions of fruit and veg :)
    Put 10 things away :)
    Decluttering - not set a target, I think the original 10 a day was too optimistic on a work day but I will try as the house needs it!
    :) managed to dispose of 20 items of random rubbish today

o:) Met all my goals today and the house is a bit tidier!

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Sometimes QUIET speaks louder than Noise.

Glad to see you back!! I miss your posts :)
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thanks Bex. He has a rapid dementia. Two years ago he was presenting round the country and a world authority on arts and crafts furniture with museums calling from round the world for his opinion and that was only something he took up in retirement. Now he’s bed bound, can’t speak any intelligible words and needs a full time carer as he can do nothing himself. It’s a heart breaking disease. No survivors and no treatment. He’s happy in himself and it’s a privilege I get to have him live with me but it’s been a real battle to get the help he needs even when he’s paying for it all from his hard earned savings.

Your health is your real treasure in this life so I do need to lose weight recognising that fact.

xx
  • frenchfancy2014
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    toaljasa wrote: »
    @mytime6630 This is for you! Operation Red Cup!!! (I've had to set my glass back on the counter :)
    0sb4b9xp2g85.png

January Challenge!!!!

I’m in. Managed one cup today. Will try but that’s quite a feat for me to get one cup drunk 🥴

Yikes that's how I started! just one cup! I had to increase it slowly! it was hard, I still dont get 8 cups in most days, the trick is to get 4 in before lunchtime. now in the morning I have 2 straight away, one with tablets and then a cup of tea but the rest is hard.
    I've definitely found though how much better I function with more water, like I really noticed e it now when i dont drink enough. it was this challenge in 2018 that got me into the habit of drinking water and I'm forever thankful! I'd urge you to give it a damn good go! you'll be surprised the difference it can make!

Thanks that really lifts me. It’s bizarre how difficult I find this to do! Going to pour myself a glass right now!
  • frenchfancy2014
    Options
    JFT - Thursday January 3rd
    2L of water - 1.5 if I had that last 500 ml, I would have been up in the night again.
    Calories in Green - 🙂
    Walk 1 Mile - 3 mile Leslie Sansone
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 🙂 5/5
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🙂

JFT - Friday January 4th
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

Yesterday was a mixed bag of emotions. I met a friend for lunch and had a great, if short, visit. We have a date for a day together on Jan 20th. She also gave me contact information on a friend of hers that creates resumes for a side job. She is going to review my resume.

I got home from that and finally was able to view my ROE online. The company had put Dismissal on it, with a note in the comment stating it wasn’t performance related. This is what has been holding up my EI. I contacted the payroll guy and he says he will fix it. Hopefully that speeds this up.

Today would have been my Dad’s 77th Birthday. I miss him so much, we had a rough go of it for a lot of my growing up years, but we became really good friends. I talked to him more than I did Mom.
    The Grands are coming for a sleepover tonight and we’ll have them early in the day and probably until later tomorrow. I will be exhausted tomorrow night.

Hope everyone has a great day!

So sorry you have lost your dad. That must be so very hard. I’m in process of losing mine who is currently 76 and terminally ill. I take my hat off to you how you cope with such a loss. It’s a hard road. Big hug.
  • Jofitt14
    Jofitt14 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just For Today Jan 5th, 2019
    Drink 2 litres of water.
    Stay Green (always hard on the weekend)
    10000 steps (also hard on weekends)
    STAY MOTIVATED :blush:
  • mytime6630
    Options
    JFT
    1. Log food
    2. Exercise
    3. Drink water
    4. Tidy another surface

Had bad day. My lovely furry puss cat of 16 years is ill. Just not himself. Lethargic and not behaving his usual bright self. Been to vets. Took bloods and results not looking good. Low red blood count. Have to take him in on Monday again to leave him for day for an ultrasound. Very worried. He’s my world and with my terminally ill dad living here with me I dont want to lose my furry baby yet. 😢 got enough sorrow on my plate at present. A long worrying weekend ahead.

So sorry for all you are going through. I will say a prayer that your little furry baby is OK. Hugs <3
  • frenchfancy2014
    Options
    ❤️❤️Thanks so much. Prayers are important xx
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Thanks Bex. He has a rapid dementia. Two years ago he was presenting round the country and a world authority on arts and crafts furniture with museums calling from round the world for his opinion and that was only something he took up in retirement. Now he’s bed bound, can’t speak any intelligible words and needs a full time carer as he can do nothing himself. It’s a heart breaking disease. No survivors and no treatment. He’s happy in himself and it’s a privilege I get to have him live with me but it’s been a real battle to get the help he needs even when he’s paying for it all from his hard earned savings.

Your health is your real treasure in this life so I do need to lose weight recognising that fact.

xx

oh that truly is heartbreaking, you must be one super strong woman to even cope for a day!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Hi 57 here and live in Calif. Lurked off and on last year, got off track with health issues in 2017 and 2018, even though kept telling myself to get going. Word for 2019 is CONSISTENCY.
    Jan challenge YES !
  • court2882
    court2882 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 35 and trying to lose 40lbs. There are a lot of things that I need to change to be able to accomplish that and I need the accountability or I am unable to do it. So here we go. I am going to set a goal for tomorrow, since it is 9:30pm and not a realistic time to start a goal today. I want to drink 8 glasses of water tomorrow. Thank you!
  • mytime6630
    Options

xx

I am so so sorry for all that you are going through. Our parents are so special to us ... I lost both my parents like 20 yrs ago, but still remember the day as if it were yesterday. I also lost 4 siblings, so I know all too well the pain you are going through. But you are looking at all this is a loving way ... you are fortunate in that your father lives with you ... these precious moments you will never forget. When my mother passed away from cancer, I cared for her the last 6 weeks of her life. I know it will be very hard for you when that time comes, but I hope and pray you will have many many days with your father. You are so right ... our health is all that matters. Prayers and Hugs to you. We are all here for you if you ever need to "talk"
  • mytime6630
    Options
    court2882 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm 35 and trying to lose 40lbs. There are a lot of things that I need to change to be able to accomplish that and I need the accountability or I am unable to do it. So here we go. I am going to set a goal for tomorrow, since it is 9:30pm and not a realistic time to start a goal today. I want to drink 8 glasses of water tomorrow. Thank you!

That is a good start!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    JFT, Fri
    1. log all food :/ Today was a day of cleaning, and super busy. But ... right after I post here I am going to "attempt" to log what I eat. Hubby and I ended up going out for Mexican ... so it will be a guess, and I know I most likely am way over my calories. Especially since I did not get to the gym. But ... I am OK... I felt in control, and only ate 1/2 of the chimigiana that I ordered (the margarita calories do not count, right :D )
    2. mindful eating :)
    3. take down christmas decorations ... inside and outside :):)
    4. clean house so I can have the weekend free (suppose to be in the 50s and 60s!!! :):)
    5. work on business tax stuff :/
    6. mindful eating - guess I listed this twice! Must have been tired last nite LOL
    7. DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!! Operation Red Cup -- January Challenge :)

January Challenge -- Red cup challenge - 8+ glasses of water

Jan 4 :)

JFt, saturday
    1. go to the gym
    2. log all food
    3. make wise choices -- going out to eat with a friend, so choose a salad..
    4. eat lightly during the day to make up for today
    5. january challenge - 8+ glasses water
    6. get back on here .. be accountable
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    @frenchfancy2014 - My Dad passed from lung cancer. He was diagnosed on June 11 2012 and passed December 9th if that year. I was very fortunate to be able to get home twice in those very short months. In August husband, 2 adult daughters, 1 son in law and 11 month old Grandson went to have a vow renewal for my daughter who had been married the year before here in Alberta where none of the family could attend.

In November I was told I should come home and flew down within the week. The day after I arrived Dad had a spell and went into the hospital. It was the most devastating thing I have ever dealt with. Cancer literally eats away at a person and those images are so hard to get out of my head.

My heart hurts for you dealing with a Father with dementia. My Mom has Alzheimer’s and my biggest fear is that I won’t get home before she forgets me. She is considered early onset as she wasn’t 70 when she started showing signs. My Brother has the burden of making all of the decisions and had the care until last December when she went into a nursing home.