JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Thanks Bex. He has a rapid dementia. Two years ago he was presenting round the country and a world authority on arts and crafts furniture with museums calling from round the world for his opinion and that was only something he took up in retirement. Now he’s bed bound, can’t speak any intelligible words and needs a full time carer as he can do nothing himself. It’s a heart breaking disease. No survivors and no treatment. He’s happy in himself and it’s a privilege I get to have him live with me but it’s been a real battle to get the help he needs even when he’s paying for it all from his hard earned savings.

Your health is your real treasure in this life so I do need to lose weight recognising that fact.

xx

@frenchfancy2014 ... Hugs. My heart and prayers are with you. I'm Mary, BTW.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Saturday 5 Jan

Neighbours are coming to dinner tonight so plan, shop and cook a meal that does not take me too far into the red :) Fitbit says yes! planned and served stuffed mushrooms, pork in sloe gin and veg then blackberry and apple brûlée
    No alcohol before the meal :) Had Seedlip and tonic before dinner. I am beginning like Seedlip more that G& T
    Log accurately, drink water as well as wine with my meal :) really tried and got there but probably more wine with the meal than water!
    Water challenge :)
    Meet Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Laundry :o sorted it but it's still on the floor unwashed,
    Tidy 10 items away :)
    Clean and tidy 1 kitchen cupboard :)

A nice day despite the MFP pop up saying how long I'd been on the app. Loosing weight is easier than keeping it off. I can get to my goal but then relax and the weight creeps back. I am hoping this thread will help. I'm currently at a good weight, just need to stay there!
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    What did the Egg say to the sidewalk when it fell?
    You crack me up.😱😁
    The sidewalk said, "Oh Yeah! Well Mine are Bigger Than yours".
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    The pothole says... Get A Load of me.
    The ditch says...Dig This.
    The canyon says.…Shut Up! I hear voices.
  • ee2368
    ee2368 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Love this idea! That’s a great motto: one day at a time. My goal this month is to complete 31 miles by the 31st. Clever, right? Lol

Also, I’m looking for more support, so feel free to add me!
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thanks Bex. He has a rapid dementia. Two years ago he was presenting round the country and a world authority on arts and crafts furniture with museums calling from round the world for his opinion and that was only something he took up in retirement. Now he’s bed bound, can’t speak any intelligible words and needs a full time carer as he can do nothing himself. It’s a heart breaking disease. No survivors and no treatment. He’s happy in himself and it’s a privilege I get to have him live with me but it’s been a real battle to get the help he needs even when he’s paying for it all from his hard earned savings.

Your health is your real treasure in this life so I do need to lose weight recognising that fact.

xx

@frenchfancy2014 ... Hugs. My heart and prayers are with you. I'm Mary, BTW.

Bless you. Thanks Mary. I’m Laura xx
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I managed 4 cups of water - woo hoo- but then bursting for a wee🤣🤣🤣😂😂 i think binge water drinking is not maybe the way to go! Doesn’t happen with Gin !!!!!❤️🤣
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    @toaljasa thanks for the recipe idea. Could sure use meal suggestions. (Honestly would so love to give up cooking)
    @frenchfancy2014 Lurking sounds better than stalking – all in for positive CHANGE. I’ve looked at stuff written 10 years ago and it’s the same darn issues as right now. Like all your faces :)
    Jan challenge – drank 48 oz today. Added the MVI mix (which tastes good) and kept putting that bottle in reach.

• Fitatelo
    Fitatelo Posts: 180 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    January 5th:
    -Get to the gym 👎
    -Walk 30 mins 👍
    -Stay in the green 👍

January 6th:
    -Get to the gym
    -Walk 30 mins
    -Stay in the green
    -Journal
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    6. Cut out pieces for my mother's quilt.

Oh ... another quilter??? :)

I'm just getting started but yes! :D
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    [quote="newdaydawning79;c-43084847"

JFT 1-4-19

1. Log everything I eat. :neutral:
    2. Keep up on my fitness journal. :neutral:
    3. Walk at lunch. :neutral:
    4. Go to bed before midnight. :)
    5. Be kind to myself. :)
    6. Cut out pieces for my mother's quilt. :)

Stomach bug kept me from working Friday so I didn't walk at lunch or do pretty much anything other than sleep. So now I'm starting fresh tomorrow!

JFT 1-6-19

1. Log everything I eat.
    2. Finish meal planning/cooking.
    3. Get enough sleep.
    4. Drink at least 96 oz of water.
    5. Reach out to at least 1 friend I haven't talked to in awhile.
  • court2882
    court2882 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    court2882 wrote: »
    I want to drink 8 glasses of water tomorrow. Thank you!

I did it! 65oz of water. It feels good to succeed. Even if it is small.

Tomorrow I want to accomplish my water again and then make my food plan for the week.

• shakenbake57
    shakenbake57 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Didn't quite get in the workout is hoped. Taking down 3 Christmas trees, all other decorations and helping to push a car that wasn't running made up for some of it. Is to be nice tomorrow and plan to get long walk in woth DH and dog.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,195 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    JFt, saturday
    1. go to the gym :) Had a great workout! All these people that kept bringing in cookies and candy around christmas are now all motivated to lose weight ... so it does make the working out easier. Plus, I am learning from them. One of them hired a personal trainer (I would love to do that, but cannot afford the $80 an hour!). But she told her to do interval training .... 3 minutes of really hard, fast on the treadmill, followed by 3 minutes slower, etc. So I may try that.
    2. log all food :) - I have not done this yet, but as soon as I get off, plan to do this.
    3. make wise choices -- going out to eat with a friend, so choose a salad.. :) Had a smoked turkey wrap, and because we were talking so much, I only ate half of it. Brought it home... and hubby quickly ate the rest :D
    4. eat lightly during the day to make up for today :/ Did OK, but I did have some almonds, which will add to my calories. But I think I am still Ok
    5. january challenge - 8+ glasses water :/ Only got in about 4 glasses ... but its only 10:30, so I may gulp some more cups down! (I may be up all night though!).
    6. get back on here .. be accountable :)

So this is a small NSV for me ... mindful eating! I went out to eat dinner with a friend, and on the way home I had to stop at the store for some eggs. I know I should not even be doing this, but I knew our daughter was at our house, and she loves the little individual cheesecakes that the store sells. So ... I bought her one. Well... I get home, and she has already left, so I put the cheesecake in the frig. Since I only had half of my wrap (and hubby ate the rest), I was feeling hungry, and grabbed the cheesecake to eat. Then ... I looked at the calories. OMG --- 750 calories!!! How can that be possible ... for a little piece of cheesecake!!!!!! I am so glad I did not eat it!!!! And I think from now on, I will NOT be buying these for my daughter either. She does not need that kind of calories. And can you believe ... I had never even looked at the calories when I was buying these! No wonder I have a weight problem!

Goals for Sunday, JFT
    1. log all food
    2. work on business taxes. This is the time of year I absolutely hate .... business tax stuff, inventory, just a lot to do. I get so far behind throughout the year!!
    3. get outside for a Long Walk!!! It is suppose to be 60 degrees!!!!!
    4. red cup January challenge --- 8+ c. water
    5. mindful eating --- read and look up calories FIRST!!!!!!!
    6. get back on here .. be accountable
    7. gratitude journal

January Challenge -- Red cup challenge - 8+ glasses of water

Jan 4 :)
    Jan 5 :)
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I'm not even lying lol...
    fn7akihogfcz.jpg

OH .... HOW CUTE!!!! And I love all that hair! But ... poor little dog :D
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I am so very touched and saddened by the huge loss you have had to face over and over again. You must be a very strong woman to have got through even half of that. memories are our lifeline in such pain. Sending some heartfelt prayers. 🙏❤️

So sweet of you ... thank you. You are also in my prayers .... sending lots of love to you as you care for your father.
  • mytime6630
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Baked Chicken Chimichangas

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/baked-chicken-chimichangas/

This is after I put it into myfitness pal for calorie count. Its a little different from the Taste of Home recipe.... but I make these often. Very quick to make. I usually add a large salad with it.

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/63374279765437
  • mytime6630
    Options
    OK ... do you think I am going to be up ALL nite!!!!! LOL :D I just drank 5 large glasses of water.... but ... I got my water in!! I will be up yet for another 60 minutes :D
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Didn't quite get in the workout is hoped. Taking down 3 Christmas trees, all other decorations and helping to push a car that wasn't running made up for some of it. Is to be nice tomorrow and plan to get long walk in woth DH and dog.

I would say that is a good workout!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I want to drink 8 glasses of water tomorrow. Thank you!

I did it! 65oz of water. It feels good to succeed. Even if it is small.

Tomorrow I want to accomplish my water again and then make my food plan for the week.

Great job!!!!!