WEEK 3 ~ Team Amazing Grace (CLOSED GROUP) August Challenge

Options

Replies

• Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    50 cruntchs
    and i did three miles today I walked/ jogged the first mile and a half then i jogged the second mile and a half.
    water in
    under goal weight. im good to go now! Rest tomorrow yeah.
  • musky4
    musky4 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    50 crunches for me - maybe some tonight or in the morning
    i am under calorie - water met - and exercise
    FOR BOTH YESTERDAY AND TODAY
    not sure i will get on tomorrw - will try - have pot luck after church hmmm............
    have a great sunday all!
  • song2sing
    song2sing Posts: 183
    Options
    August 20, 2011

~2 miles with C25k this morning!
    ~200 abs for the team (need to contribute 100 more for the team commitment)
    ~15 modified globe jumps - done . . . put a fork in it.
    ~10 glasses of water (added a piece of orange for flavor, piece of peach yesterday) YUMMY
    ~under calorie goal
    ~Extra calisthenics today: 100 jumping jacks, 50 plank jacks, 100 plus high knees, 3 minutes of boxing upper cut and front jab, extended side lunges with arm sweeps, walked the stores today!

No rest for the ab crunchers will try to get the last 100 in tomorrow!

Fyi, my hips have been aching today and I feel like I am getting a bull neck doing all those silly crunches!

Joyful in the Journey
    song2sing
  • song2sing
    Options
    200 more crunches done. That puts me at 800 for the week (not including yesterdays 100). Only 200 left for tomorrow. Will definitely reach the 1000. I have to say, though... these are getting harder and harder and my abs are so sore.

YOU ROCK my friend!!
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I took it fairly easy today, did my 50 crunches and the two mile walk, drank 8 glasses of water and was under calories for the day. Let's hope all this hard work pays off tomorrow!
  • lisaap77
    lisaap77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    For Saturday:
    2 miles: done
    calorie goal: done
    water goal: done

weekly
    100 ab crunches: done
  • lisaap77
    lisaap77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Well I lost 2lbs. I'm at 163lbs. It's still very frustrating, but I did loose an inch in my waist, so that was a little encouraging, especially since it's Aunt Flo time and so I was a little surprised to have lost an inch NOW LOL
    Have a wonderful day Team AG!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    @SarahRuth - You are an AB MACHINE!! You and Cath killed those things this week!!! All I can way is WOWSA!! :noway:

The week #4 challenges are not yet posted, and I haven't had a chance to catch up this thread from where I left off yesterday, but I can tell we have already gone over our 4000 crunches for the week and EVERYBODY IS DOING AWESOME!! :love:

I'm off to church, and will catch everything up this afternoon.

Don't forget to POST YOUR WEIGHT ON THIS THREAD TODAY!! We get points for the pounds lost too!! :wink: (Oh, as for ME, I didn't lose, but I didn't gain either...)

Also, there will be another thread starting tomorrow morning (you know the routine), so I will let you know where to go!!

Have a GREAT SUNDAY everybody!!

You guys ROCK!! :flowerforyou:
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Was under calories yesterday, just barely got in the 8 glasses of water, but got them in. I ran 1.5 miles, since my bike ride was cancelled due to rain. So I have another half mile to go, but I have a bike ride planned for tonight so it shouldn't be a problem. If there is rain again, I can run another mile or so later.

Just did another 100 crunches. These are really hard at this point, but I am determined to earn those extra points. I'm spreading them out throughout the day to make it a little easier. Only 100 more to go til I hit 1000.

I usually weigh-in on Saturdays, and as of yesterday I was down 1.4 lbs. The scale wasn't quite as nice to me this morning... so use yesterday's please... LOL
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    YIPPEE!! Down 3 lbs for a total of 30!! My goal when I started in late May/early June was to lose 30 lbs before my cruise, and we don't leave for another 2 weeks!! I am so excited! I really think this challenge has helped me and held me accountable. Thanks for all of your support and encouragement!
  • Xtine72
    Xtine72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    SATURDAY
    Biked 3 Miles CHECK
    Water CHECK

Never did Burpees.. SORRY!! :sad:
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Last night I did....
    200 jumping jacks
    50 more sit ups (my balance due for Friday's challenge)

Today I did my regular 5-mile walk plus 3 extra miles (1 for Tues. and 2 for Sat daily challenges)
    I think that I'm finally caught up!! Whew!!

@maureendonahue - I'm SOOO excited for YOU!! That's terrific!! You have worked so hard and I'm glad that you hit your goal weight loss 2 weeks BEFORE your cruise!!! You're AWESOME!!

@SarahRuth and @cath1717 - I know I said it before, but you Ladies ROCK!! You must surely have abs of steel!! Haha. Thanks so much for alllllll your hard work on those ab crunches. And thanks for earning our team an additional 20 points for doing over 1000 ab crunches each!! I wanna be just like you guys when I grow up!! (hehe).

@Xtine - you can do globe jumps or squat kicks in place of the burpees (ups and downs) if you need to modify that one....

As of this posting, we officially have 4515 ab crunches / sit ups for the team challenge!!!! YOU LADIES ROCK!!

As soon as I have the new challenges for next week, I will post the new thread... I don't have them yet.

DON'T FORGET TO POST YOUR WEIGHT FOR TODAY!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • walkingingrace2011
    Options
    Yesterday
    8 glasses water
    Under calorie count
    Regular exercise
    current weight 229
  • caza6464
    caza6464 Posts: 29
    Options
    Sunday
    70 ab crunches
    12 glasses of water
    Calories under goal

Look forward to next week

1439569.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Week 3 weight: 183.6 (-0.8) boo!!! Had lost more early in the week, but the weekend got to me....

Saturday:
    water -- 10+
    calories -- under
    exercise -- no, as I spent ten hours in a car driving my stepson to college and getting him settled in his dorm. Didn't get home until 11:00 pm.

Sunday:
    water -- yep (12 and counting, and it's only 4:30)
    calories -- will be way under today
    exercise: 200 jumping jacks (for Friday); burpees for Friday; ab-crunches for Friday; 100 more ab-cruches for team challenge; and i will NEVER do that many ab-crunches at one time again!! I can barely walk!!

I will try get my walk in for Saturday before bed tonight -- I'll post it if I do, and I'll send our Amazing Leader a PM, too!
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    So I dd my weighin and I am at 171.4... I will take that since after my vacation last week I was at 173.something!?

This morning I ran 7.6 miles to train for my half marathon in October... It was really good I took 1 hour 45 minutes to do it. That is at a 4.3 mph and I was aiming for 4.5. I am happy that I RAN it all and didn't give up! Last year at this time I was "running" at a 15 minute mile (4.0) with about half walking :wink:

@amazing_grace: I had a great date! We have been dating for about 2 months now but had never actually gone out to a "nice" sitdown resturant. SO we went to Carabas and to a Shadowbox show (rock & roll plus sketch comedy show). We have never dressed up to go out... we do our running together and so we see each other at our stinkiest!? :laugh:

Sadly yesterday I did not get in the jumping jacks or crunches because I sent the day with "my guy" up with his parents and then volunteered at shadowbox that evening. I will try to throw in the crunches tonight and I will count my two miles for day 6 in my run, thought I was only going to do 4. As of right now I am doing my calories for Fridays resturant food to see if I made that goal. I was under yesterday and plan on being under today. Friday through today I got my water in.

Edit: didn't do the burpees either, but I will work on getting 50 squat kicks in!
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Just did my last 100 crunches. That puts me at 1000 extra + the 100 from the other day, so a total of 1100 crunches this week. I'm sore, but I actually feel stronger doing them now. LOL
  • song2sing
    Options
    August 21, 2011

~100 ab crunches for the Team Challenge
    ~C25k 2.41 mile walk/run
    ~Zumba

Pool not available to swim today . . . :-(

~8 plus glasses of water
    ~under calorie goal

~182.6 (down only 0.2) what is up with that? too many starches this week, looks like. Gotta eat our veggies girls!

Joyful in the Journey,
    song2sing
  • song2sing
    Options
    Just did my last 100 crunches. That puts me at 1000 extra + the 100 from the other day, so a total of 1100 crunches this week. I'm sore, but I actually feel stronger doing them now. LOL

Good job Sarah!
  • song2sing
    Options
    Well I lost 2lbs. I'm at 163lbs. It's still very frustrating, but I did loose an inch in my waist, so that was a little encouraging, especially since it's Aunt Flo time and so I was a little surprised to have lost an inch NOW LOL
    Have a wonderful day Team AG!

Congrats on your two pounds down Lisa!