Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited January 2019
    Orphia wrote: »
    I had 12 days off work over new year. I did lots of tidying. :smile:

s1keaq044wlw.jpeg

Uhhhhhhh...these pics shows/tells somebody is truly a minimalist first class winner and all time champion, and that somebody is YOU O! These pics makes/inspires me to admire you even more...with your magazine home looking self!

I love it...so very minimalist, so very peace/serenity-filled, so very understatedly elegant, so COOL...just like you--BOOM!

P.S. I don't know which I LOVE more, your abode or that DARLING kitten.
    {{{ <3 Hugs and the HIGHEST of fives boo <3 }}}}

• snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    snoo61 wrote: »
    Today is kitchen counters and islands. I don't have a lot of counter space, so not much to declutter. Instead, I'm taking everything off, cleaning the counter and wall, cleaning the appliances, and putting them back. Will take more than 15 minutes, but worth it!
    Also, we are taking our broken couch out today, so I will be sweeping and mopping the living room.
    There is so much less stress, and more joy now!

You are so doing it right and righteously...I LOVE your posts Snoo--so inspirational to/for me and others reading this post. BOOM!

I also ended up cleaning the wall. I figured I'd better while the couch isn't there. :)
  • Orphia wrote: »
    I had 12 days off work over new year. I did lots of tidying. :smile:

Everything looks so clean, tidy, and pretty! Good work.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Today is kitchen counters and islands. I don't have a lot of counter space, so not much to declutter. Instead, I'm taking everything off, cleaning the counter and wall, cleaning the appliances, and putting them back. Will take more than 15 minutes, but worth it!
    Also, we are taking our broken couch out today, so I will be sweeping and mopping the living room.
    There is so much less stress, and more joy now!

You are so doing it right and righteously...I LOVE your posts Snoo--so inspirational to/for me and others reading this post. BOOM!

I also ended up cleaning the wall. I figured I'd better while the couch isn't there. :)

Yes Ma'am...that's the ticket honey--BOOM!
  • snoo61
    Today I did the kitchen table. Kind of a slacker today. I'll be ready for tomorrow though
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Did someone here mention the Netflix series Tidying Up with Marie Kondo?? I'm too lazy to read past comments to see LOL.

I watched the first episode and it is amazing how systematically she helps people get organized. I actually spoke with a client today who struggles with a huge amount of EVERYTHING....although she does have some rooms that are relatively clutter free...her huge spacious home has lots of room for the enormous amount of stuff they have accumulated over the years & is having difficulty letting go. She is making an effort, but her husband is reluctant to get on the decluttering bandwagon. Anyway, I told her about this thread & how helpful it is to see others progressing to rid themselves of being weighed down with stuff. I was also able to refer her to that series...has anyone watched it?
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Did someone here mention the Netflix series Tidying Up with Marie Kondo?? I'm too lazy to read past comments to see LOL.

I watched the first episode and it is amazing how systematically she helps people get organized. I actually spoke with a client today who struggles with a huge amount of EVERYTHING....although she does have some rooms that are relatively clutter free...her huge spacious home has lots of room for the enormous amount of stuff they have accumulated over the years & is having difficulty letting go. She is making an effort, but her husband is reluctant to get on the decluttering bandwagon. Anyway, I told her about this thread & how helpful it is to see others progressing to rid themselves of being weighed down with stuff. I was also able to refer her to that series...has anyone watched it?

Hi Lorraine <3

I haven't watched it yet, but some beautiful person posted the link a page or two over. Looking forward to checking it out!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Today I did the kitchen table. Kind of a slacker today. I'll be ready for tomorrow though

Cheering you on Boo! o:)<3o:)
  • snoo61
    Cleaned out my knife drawer today. Wiped all the surfaces I've cleaned off, and swept through the house. Hubby says the work I've been putting in shows. YAY!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Cleaned out my knife drawer today. Wiped all the surfaces I've cleaned off, and swept through the house. Hubby says the work I've been putting in shows. YAY!

Girlllllll....BOOM and super mega YAY YOU and to/for your wonderful hubby too!
  • snoo61

It gave me the boost I needed. My step tracker died yesterday, so I was a little lost. Today I just timed myself.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited January 2019

It gave me the boost I needed. My step tracker died yesterday, so I was a little lost. Today I just timed myself.

Boosts are so wonderful and helpful. That's interesting about your step tracker, one of my daughters just asked me today am I still tracking my steps ( I used to track them last year, before my "Let it Go and Don't Look Back" adventure). I told her no and actually forgot all about my step tracker. What's even more interesting is, just yesterday I got a hankering to start up more formal exercising (lifting weights (the max is 100lb plate thingys) and using the rower from my home gym machine thingy, start using my full body stationary bike and using my elliptical machine and working out with that beloved Leslie Sansone ( I love her)--I have a ton of really terrific videos of hers). I'm starting to consider beginning these things again, because I'm feeling such a hyped up energy that mere N.E.A.T. exercising alone and dancing while doing N.E.A.T. is just not/no longer satisfying/releasing the uber energy I'm feeling of late. I even got the "urge" to RUN yesterday (honey, I don't do NO running, period)... but I wanted to yesterday.

I'm going to take my daughter and your mentioning step tracking as a "sign" of sorts to begin more formal exercising. I haven't been "Led of The Spirit" to do ANY formal exercising since starting Let it Go and Don't Look Back business. I believe I am now being Led to start using these things--again, my energy is sky high, I can dance for more than an hour (well, I haven't time it, but it seems like an hour) and still have a TON of energy more and more each day. How exciting--Thank you for posting this Snoo! <3o:)<3
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,357 Member
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME it's those positive vibes you're sending out!! you were probably smiling too?

A few years back we walled in the dining area and I've been using it as my office with one wall shelving and full w/books & stuff. Dh has been wanting that wall down and it's all headed into a bedroom. So I have pledged to go thru this multitude of boxes and thin it out. Would like the end result to be organized, better than presentable, and done this month. (Oh and he promised to actually eat dinner together with the table in the dining area. With the table moved, his fishing rod wrapper can be setup on that wall/needed at least 12 foot, so he won't freeze in the garage). Anyhow, I'm laying this out to be accountable, otherwise these boxes will sit and sit.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited January 2019
    cory17 wrote: »
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME it's those positive vibes you're sending out!! you were probably smiling too?

A few years back we walled in the dining area and I've been using it as my office with one wall shelving and full w/books & stuff. Dh has been wanting that wall down and it's all headed into a bedroom. So I have pledged to go thru this multitude of boxes and thin it out. Would like the end result to be organized, better than presentable, and done this month. (Oh and he promised to actually eat dinner together with the table in the dining area. With the table moved, his fishing rod wrapper can be setup on that wall/needed at least 12 foot, so he won't freeze in the garage). Anyhow, I'm laying this out to be accountable, otherwise these boxes will sit and sit.

Hmmmm, maybe I was smiling, I know I find it something wonderful how people are ALWAYS smiling at me (before I got down to size--when I was obese/overweight), it was babies and children always smiling at me--but now it's a LOT of people and it's so beautiful to me, it's so, ummmmm...lovely and adorable too. When I first started blasting the pounds and inches away, it seemed like women were kinda "meanish or more, ummmm...snarling/having "tudes" at/towards me for NO reason at all--just looking all "Hmmmmph" at me, BUT when I began to drop A LOT of the pounds/inches and ounces-getting super slimmer and trimmer/healthier. No more, the snarls and eye-rolls from women (strangers) lessened and lessened to no more, now it's just TONS of lovely, kindhearted/admirable smiles to/at me--YAY! I hear people talking about how terrible the world is, but I am finding people to be so kindhearted and EXTRA friendly these days...I LOVE THAT!!!

How utterly exciting this/these projects are Cory! I can tell ya, as you get rid of those books & stuff...it's going to be AMAZING how "thinned out and "lighter" it's going to look and be. Here's to cheering you and your beloved hubby on. It's going to be fabulous--just watch and see...BOOM!
  • snoo61

Boosts are so wonderful and helpful. That's interesting about your step tracker, one of my daughters just asked me today am I still tracking my steps ( I used to track them last year, before my "Let it Go and Don't Look Back" adventure). I told her no and actually forgot all about my step tracker. What's even more interesting is, just yesterday I got a hankering to start up more formal exercising (lifting weights (the max is 100lb plate thingys) and using the rower from my home gym machine thingy, start using my full body stationary bike and using my elliptical machine and working out with that beloved Leslie Sansone ( I love her)--I have a ton of really terrific videos of hers). I'm starting to consider beginning these things again, because I'm feeling such a hyped up energy that mere N.E.A.T. exercising alone and dancing while doing N.E.A.T. is just not/no longer satisfying/releasing the uber energy I'm feeling of late. I even got the "urge" to RUN yesterday (honey, I don't do NO running, period)... but I wanted to yesterday.

I'm going to take my daughter and your mentioning step tracking as a "sign" of sorts to begin more formal exercising. I haven't been "Led of The Spirit" to do ANY formal exercising since starting Let it Go and Don't Look Back business. I believe I am now being Led to start using these things--again, my energy is sky high, I can dance for more than an hour (well, I haven't time it, but it seems like an hour) and still have a TON of energy more and more each day. How exciting--Thank you for posting this Snoo! <3o:)<3

It sounds like God is sending you a message!
    My step tracker was cheap. I just wanted to know if I'd use it. It wouldn't even link to my phone, was supposed to, but I didn't care. I will get another, better quality. I used it to motivate me at first, then to beat my record. Lol
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited January 2019

It sounds like God is sending you a message!
    My step tracker was cheap. I just wanted to know if I'd use it. It wouldn't even link to my phone, was supposed to, but I didn't care. I will get another, better quality. I used it to motivate me at first, then to beat my record. Lol

God is "Leading/Guiding/Teaching me for sure--all the time, everyday and He is sending me a "message" Leading and Guiding me to begin to formal exercise. Girlfriend, I can't tell you how much of HIS FAITH (not mine--the Faith He GAVE me) it took for me to "follow/OBEY-Him", when/as He Instructed me NOT TO DO ANY EXERCISING AT ALL-FOR MORE THAN AN ENTIRE YEAR. Ya know, The Word says "God's Ways are Not our Ways and His Thoughts are NOT our Thoughts. It took pure unadulterated FAITH for me NOT to do ANY exercising except decluttering/N.E.A.T. exercising and dancing while doing my N.E.A.T exercizing ONLY. Because EVERYTHING in me told me I MUST EXERCISE to blast these pounds/ounces/YUCK off of me Nope, The Lord Led me to "follow Him" in this Adventure and BOOM--Here I am, after a year + in getting down to size, without an ounce of loose skin and looking and feeling like a 20-30 something year old (20-30 years younger than I actually am). WOW!!!

He ( God, The God of The bible, The God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Jesus) The Living and True Invisible God, My Father is and does send/give me "messages" all the time and in different ways, I believe this (your posting about the stepper watching, my daughter asking about it and the super mega energy I'm FILLED with of late). It makes me want to CRY (tears of joy, excitement, gratitude and humility), how FULL of Mercy, His Teaching me His Way, His Truth and His Life and His overwhelming Patience and Goodness He is to me. I'm THRILLED/HUMBLED/HONORED to DARE to seek Him with EVERYTHING in me, seek Him with my "whole heart" and put my 100% of my hope against hope and trust and belief in Him (with His Invisible yet Very Present Almighty Self) and be such a "fool for Christ (sake)" and I'm so GLAD He made me this way...SO VERY GLAD!!!
    <3o:)<3
  • snoo61
    {{{*Cue music/song from the old Fiddler on the Roof soundtrack--"Wonder of Wonders Miracle of Miracles*}}

486v23jkoh5d.jpeg

17500697.png

lost 1 lb since last weighing in! Newlifestyle4me's lost 70.6 lbs so far.

Down 71lbs (well, according to Mfp's "fuzzy math" I am down 71lbs (it's technically 70.6lbs down though) and I'm ultra mega THRILLED, cause I'm in the 140's baby (OH YEAH o:) ) for the first time in 20+ years!!!!

Thank you Jesus and BOOM!!!!!!! Wow...the 140's at last :'( (tears of JOY). Y'all's little (literally) friend over here is both humbled and filled with JOY unspeakable. Once again, BOOM!

P.S. Good things happen to those that WAIT, let us continue to take our time and do all we have to do, right and righteously.

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so thrilled for you! What a huge accomplishment.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited January 2019
    {{{*Cue music/song from the old Fiddler on the Roof soundtrack--"Wonder of Wonders Miracle of Miracles*}}

486v23jkoh5d.jpeg

17500697.png

lost 1 lb since last weighing in! Newlifestyle4me's lost 70.6 lbs so far.

Down 71lbs (well, according to Mfp's "fuzzy math" I am down 71lbs (it's technically 70.6lbs down though) and I'm ultra mega THRILLED, cause I'm in the 140's baby (OH YEAH o:) ) for the first time in 20+ years!!!!

Thank you Jesus and BOOM!!!!!!! Wow...the 140's at last :'( (tears of JOY). Y'all's little (literally) friend over here is both humbled and filled with JOY unspeakable. Once again, BOOM!

P.S. Good things happen to those that WAIT, let us continue to take our time and do all we have to do, right and righteously.

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so thrilled for you! What a huge accomplishment.

Wow Snoo...the 140's from almost 220lbs this time last year o:):'(o:)
    All Glory to God ALONE and super mega ULTRA Thanks to YOU too <3 . You and the peeps that have replied to this thread have helped/blessed/encouraged/inspired me more than mere words can say!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!