Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited October 2018
    snoo61 wrote: »
    Count down to meeting my 6+ years (started Mfp 6+ LONG years ago at 219.8lbs) to meet/WELCOMING of the so-called "normal" BMI weight. GOAL=153lbs after vainly and tirelessly trying EVERYTHING in the book over the past 6+ years to permanently LET GO of the excess, unhealthy, unattractive, unnecessary fat and yuck from out of my mind/heart/spirit, and off of my body AND out of my environment/life ).

Finally after ALL this time and continuing PROCESS of, "learning&doing/applying what I'm learning DAILY" to LET IT GO AND DON'T LOOK BACK (decluttering and humbling myself to get rid of ALL of the "mess and stress" from out of my head, heart, spirit, letting GO of toxic relationships and toxic THINKING/BEHAVING myself and out of my home (inside and outside) has been a major KEY to my success (at long last)--starting in November/December of 2017
    vheco40m3s1h.jpeg

66ekq40gatco.png

As of today, I'm 157.6lbs and that's 4,6lbs away from my goal of 153lbs (aka no longer obese, no longer overweight). After that, I'll be making a new goal of 139-145lbs.

I'm posting this to let you all know that taking your time, getting rid of/LETTING GO of the stress and mess out of your lives will help you reach all kinds of goals, including weight blastification, it really will. Will you still/continue to have stress and mess in your life after meeting your weight blastification goals and totally decluttering? YEP, you will and that's part of the joy/fun of living...learning and the fabulous MAINTENANCE state of all we're doing. Getting there is one fabulous stage, MAINTAINING your wins is a whole nother wonderful kettle of fish. Why wonderful? Because maintance will keep us humble and help us to live the rest of our lives being not mere champions, but ever learning and growing-I LOVE THAT!!

Also please know that if/since I can do this, literally ANYONE CAN, for realz--BOOM o:)<3o:)

ETA: I am accomplishing this success by eating whatever I want to (NO RESTRICTIONS ON ANYTHING AT ALL--this includes a lot of eating/dining out and junk foods). The major difference is that I am eating far smaller portions of whatever I eat and less frequently than when I was obese/fat. I'm actually eating a lot like when I was stick skinny in my youth and before children. I also am NOT and have not exercised AT ALL. The only "exercise" I am doing is N.E.A.T. exercising=decluttering, household chores, (daily) and walking to and from the grocery store instead of driving (2-3 times per week--about 4-5 miles in total-back and forth). Also, I REFUSE to allow stress and mess to overcome me now. LETTING GO of toxic people. places and things is a major contributing factor in my winning these battles of the bulge and decluttering/mess/messy thinking and living

Hey gang!

LOT o' stuff going on in and thru me and my life and it's "all good" as they say (do "they" still say that)?!?
    Lot's of LETTING it go in so many areas of my life, lots of being humbled and a lot of humbling myself and may I say I LOVE it--humbling myself is the BEST thing/experience/lifestyle/choice EVER--oh how I WISH I would have learned to humble myself in every area of my life earlier in my life, when I was younger--but Thank God Almighty, it's never to late to CHANGE/LET IT GO (until you're dead) I'm so GRATEFUL that The True and Only Living God is teaching me how to live and think and be--SO VERY THANKFUL. How I used to hate and resist change and used to so foolishly consider humbling myself as something to be avoided at all cost and to be foolish at best and insulting/offensive at least--I WAS WRONG, humbling oneself (admitting one is or at least can be wrong about something you feel super strongly that you are right about--but you're NOT and you FINALLY not only admit it, but TURN FROM IT--REPENT and turning around 180/360 degrees and going in the opposite direction, no matter how painful, no matter how irritating,no matter how embarrassing/fearful--TURNING THE OPPOSITE direction of how I think or feel) now I see being humbled/humbling myself as nothing less than FABULOUS! Why? Because as I humble myself guess what happens? I LEARN and CHANGE and gain the power/ability/williness/desire to APPLY life lessons that I learn faster and with more joy than if I'm not being humbled and choosing to HUMBLE myself under The Mighty Hand of God, so that He lifts me up (when He's ready to, not because of my humbling myself. I'm His servant, NOT the other way around...He doesn't "Serve/obey/trade with me ever, at all (you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours deal--NO WAY, He is God and I am not--He doesn't owe me ANYTHING, but the deepest, darkness, hottest, godless portion of Hell itself--I owe Him EVERYTHING, all of my time, devotion, worship and life in/on this godless earth and for His enduring continual MERCY upon me, period. ) also part of humbling oneself is the WAITING for change with a smile on my face and hope in my mind/heart and humbling myself helps me to see errors of "my ways" and RUN to follow/obey/wait-on Him and His Way, His Truth and His Life...okay, so here's what's happening in my weight blastification:

No scale loss since last post BUT....
    my waist has gone down 1 inch, my hips are down .5 inches, my chest is down .5 inches, my butt is down 1 inch--that equals 3 whole inches of fat/flab/ugh/yuck FOREVER gone to the place where the sun will NEVER shine.

My bodyfat% is 19%!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!

My stomach is @28 inches gone down from when I first re-started this wonderful (FULL of wonder) LET IT GO business down from 44 inches since Nov/Dec. 2017--that's a big ole 16 inches off of my stomach. My stomach was soooo huge when I first started, it looked like the sizes of 2 (maybe 2.5) basketballs under my shirt. Now it looks like a little less than soccer ball--it's AMAZING! Also, my bodyfat percentage is now 19%...when I first started last Nov/Dec it was 48+%. The total number of inches off of head, neck, chest, shoulders, waist, hips, butt, stomach arms and legs are nothing less than miraculous--I'm not going to give a specific amount now, but I'll bet it's something like 30-50 inches off of my body since I started this LET IT GO business. I look and feel like I'm at least 20, even 30 years younger than I am.

MY SIZE 12s are getting too loose, :smiley: I can pull them down/off without unbuttoning nor unzipping them--ALREADY!!! I'm so GLAD I learned my lesson from sizes 16-14 to NOT buy a lot of size 12s, not a lot of any size until I'm done. I'd like to be done when I'm a size 8, which for me would be about 135-140lbs. I'm 157.6lbs now.

WHEWWWWWW! o:)<3o:)

There you are, I was getting a little worried. You are doing so fabulously! Seriously impressive and inspiring!

<3<3<3 SNOO <3<3<3 Thank you pumpkinpie for thinking of me. It is so well with my soul!!! I've just been so VERY busy now, being slimmer and more organized is helping me get out and be ooot and aboot so much more now. Plus, I'm purposely LETTING GO and NOT LOOKING BACK at the internet/"the web" and "let it GO"...my spending an inordinate amount of time on here and "web/trap/net" in general. I've been doing FAR too much and for FAR too many years (all of my obese and "messy/cluttered lifetime) surfing/wasting time, money and brain power on this "thing" I call "tricknology" A.K.A. the "web" and all it's interest/fun/(AND for me) OBESITY/SLOTHFULNESS/LAZINESS/CLUTTER/CONSUMPTION OF LOTS OF FOOD AND UNNECESSARY "STUFF" AND JUST A LOT MORE YUCK contributing factors in my life and in/to my mind/spirit and just plain destructive time consumption/obsession/devotion/?worship? of the internet and all it entails >:) --YIKES). So, I'm checking in less often and it's all good, as they say. {{{Hugs}}}}} I'm NOT permanently getting rid of the "net", but The Lord would have me be doing other things besides "hanging" on this thing here--{{{*eye-roll*}}}}

I've started going through my winter clothes. Trying them on, putting some in the donation bag. Getting ready to go do seasonal work for 2 months. I'll try not to disappear, just letting you all know so you don't worry. I'll probably start next week. Good news after a tough summer/fall.

I did that yesterday and the day before yesterday and WOW...decluttering, like weight blastification is NOT a "I got this and I'm done" deal/business. MAINTENANCE is equally, if not more important than achieving y/our goal(s). Ahhhh, the feeling of getting rid of stuff is nothing less than marvelous--WAY TO GO Snoo!!!! I totally understand about "disappearing"...please know you ARE LOVED, period.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Wow..so impressed with your success. Wondering how you are doing it...16 inches off your waist! Wowza!

Thank you ever so VERY much for posting--it feels GREAT!!!! {{{{ Hugs }}}}}
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Not much to add to what others are saying. Letting it go is so liberating. Love reading all,your posts.

{{{{ Hugs }}}} Liberating is the PERFECT description of what LET IT GO (AND DON'T LOOK BACK) does and is! Thank you Terri, so much for contributing to this thread...you ROCK, period.
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member

{*Cue mega JAMMING, impossible to sit in your seat, gotta get up and DANCE like noboby's watching music*}

Nope, the scale hasn't move an inch--but...

gvauccjjvz5i.jpg

6a3s2xacj1gp.jpg

tduseftye5qh.jpg

it97uqxfop9a.jpg

yi29dxhtjvqm.jpg

o:) What?!? o:) SIZE 10 BABY....TEENY TINY SIZE 10!!!!!!!!!!!
    Words won't describe how very humbled and thrilled I am. I squeezed my tail into a SIZE 10!
    Do I have a muffin top in them, YEP :* am I sad, mad, feel bad about the muffin top--NO WAY! I'm counting it ALL JOY, Why? Because I'm NOT in a hurry, I'm taking my time (embracing patience with a smile on my face while waiting) PLUS this ole muffin top helps keep me HUMBLE and therefore I LOVE it and my stomach is shrinking like crazy and when the time is right, it'll go away and until then I'm embracing GRATITUDE, THANKFULNESS and MEGA JOY in ALL THINGS (Good, Bad, Ugly and everything in between) I'm living, learning and humbled at everything this weight blastification entails, period. I've got NO loose skin at all--So BOOM!

I can button and zip these bad boys all the way up, are they kinda tight, yep...but they fit and feel/look GOOD and ain't no sliding these fabulous jeans on and off without unbuttoning and unzipping them like my size 12s.
    A size 10....tumblr_mig3bmYDH71qc4uvwo1_400.gif
    On the LET IT GO (AND DON'T LOOK BACK) front, WOW...just wow! The sheer loveliness and stress reducing/stress free life of living in a clean, beautiful, spacious and no longer going along to get along environment is capitivating and is contributing so much to a truly BETTER new life--YAY!!! o:)<3o:)

OMG! You are amazing! How marvelous, exciting, and inspiring! I'm happy for you, my friend. Enjoy getting oot and aboot!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited October 2018
    Wow..so impressed with your success. Wondering how you are doing it...16 inches off your waist! Wowza!

Sorry I didn't answer that part..."Wondering how you're doing it"
    I shared what I'm doing on another (recent) post, but will post it again for you:
    Also please know that if/since I can do this, literally ANYONE CAN, for realz--BOOM o:)<3o:)
    [/b]
    ETA: I am accomplishing this success by eating whatever I want to (NO RESTRICTIONS ON ANYTHING AT ALL--this includes a lot of eating/dining out and junk foods). The major difference is that I am eating far smaller portions of whatever I eat and less frequently than when I was obese/fat. I'm actually eating a lot like when I was stick skinny in my youth and before children. I also am NOT and have not exercised AT ALL. The only "exercise" I am doing is N.E.A.T. exercising=decluttering, household chores, (daily) and walking to and from the grocery store instead of driving (2-3 times per week--about 4-5 miles in total-back and forth). Also, I REFUSE to allow stress and mess to overcome me now. LETTING GO of toxic people. places and things is a major contributing factor in my winning these battles of the bulge and decluttering/mess/messy thinking and living

Example: Yesterday, I skipped breakfast and for lunch a had a BIG OLE Honey Crisp Apple (I LOVE apples and water now soooo much--I ALWAYS hated apples, now they are one of my favorite things to eat--YUM) a big giant cup (maybe 22-24 oz) of a smoothie (a whole avocado, coconut water, big hand fulls of spinach, kale, half of a lime, nice amount of diced pineapples, frozen mangoes, frozen pomegranate or strawberries and some coconut oil,(sounds GROSS, but it's the bombdotcom) for dinner, I had Burger King cheese Whopper (off the boiler, of course) large fries, large onion rings, large coke. I ate a little more than half of the whopper, less than half of the fries and less than half of the onion rings. I drank about 5 gulps of the soda and then filled it with water, drank about half of that and filled it with water again and did that until I was drinking just water out of that bucket of pop. Drank about 5 or 6 of those all through the evening. For dessert I had a bowl of strawberries and some plain potato chips

Today, I had 5 pieces of bacon for breakfast, some jasmine rice, 2 eggs over medium, skipped lunch for dinner I made some PLEASE don't hurt me Chili (Fritos at the bottom, chili w/beans (ground beef, onion, garlic, celery, bell pepper, green onion chili powder, tomato paste, tomato sauce) put some finely chopped sweet onions, scallions, more fritos at the top lots of Mexican cheese and sour cream on top. A nice big bowl of that--Dessert and fresh mango and some strawberries.

That's a tiny sample of how I've been eating. I literally eat whatever I want, just smaller portions and less frequently. Another example is those butter cookies I posted...when I was obese, I could eat at LEAST 10 of them--in one sitting, when I made them a week or so ago, I just ate two cookies. I broke them in half and ate them throughout the entire day, instead of wolfing down 10 in one sitting. Stuff like that. Sometimes I will eat breakfast, lunch and dinner, sometimes, skip breakfast and just eat lunch and dinner, sometimes I'll skip breakfast and lunch and have a big ole dinner, sometimes I'll eat late at night, sometimes early in the morning, sometimes in the afternoon--I literally eat whatever and whenever I want to--THANK YOU JESUS--I LOVE THAT!!!!
    I basically eat when I'm hungry and whatever I want and I discovered that a lot of times when I was obese, I thought I was hungry ALL the time, but was actually thirsty. I drink a lot of water too...I used to HATE water, now I crave it. When the family eats snacks (and they eat A LOT of snack and are ALL skinny as a rail). I snack on all kinds of veggies (which I love a crave--I eat a lot of them because I "get" to, NOT because I have to) or fruit OR of I'm in the mood, I'll eat some of their snacks. Basically...I MUST Give The only True and Living God ALL of the Credit/Praise/Thanksgiving and EVERYTHING, because He is and has taught me to forsake being a glutton and to forsake being lazy/slothful to embrace self-control, orderliness and to "allow" Him to lead and guide my entire life, including my appetite and to learn of/from Him--NOT man nor my way (24X7X365) He is my Teacher and my Master/Lord/I love to and get to to OBEY HIM NO MATTER HOW FOOLISH OR IMPRACTICAL IT MAY SOUND TO ME AND THE WORLD) To love/Follow Him with ALL of my heart, ALL of my soul, ALL of my mind and ALL of my strength and to follow Him and LOVE Him, LOVE His Way, His Truth and His Life MORE than I do myself, my way of living and thinking and doing/being and to DARE to be a "fool" for Christ and "let" Him be my God instead of me being my own god--that's The REAL answer to your question. {{{{Hugs}}}}

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,154 Member
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME Thanks for sharing your tips on how you lost weight. My husband is similar ; he eats most anything he wants but takes his time... I mean takes his time chewing and eating. He’s always the last one finished at a meal. His portion also are small, etc. So, both you and he have it right. Eat anything you desire but small tastes, bites and plates. He also skips a meal here and there.

I am a voracious eater- eat way too quickly. I have to be more mindful.

I’m happy to always read your posts- you’re very inspirational.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited October 2018

{*Cue mega JAMMING, impossible to sit in your seat, gotta get up and DANCE like noboby's watching music*}

Nope, the scale hasn't move an inch--but...

gvauccjjvz5i.jpg

6a3s2xacj1gp.jpg

tduseftye5qh.jpg

it97uqxfop9a.jpg

yi29dxhtjvqm.jpg

o:) What?!? o:) SIZE 10 BABY....TEENY TINY SIZE 10!!!!!!!!!!!
    Words won't describe how very humbled and thrilled I am. I squeezed my tail into a SIZE 10!
    Do I have a muffin top in them, YEP :* am I sad, mad, feel bad about the muffin top--NO WAY! I'm counting it ALL JOY, Why? Because I'm NOT in a hurry, I'm taking my time (embracing patience with a smile on my face while waiting) PLUS this ole muffin top helps keep me HUMBLE and therefore I LOVE it and my stomach is shrinking like crazy and when the time is right, it'll go away and until then I'm embracing GRATITUDE, THANKFULNESS and MEGA JOY in ALL THINGS (Good, Bad, Ugly and everything in between) I'm living, learning and humbled at everything this weight blastification entails, period. I've got NO loose skin at all--So BOOM!

I can button and zip these bad boys all the way up, are they kinda tight, yep...but they fit and feel/look GOOD and ain't no sliding these fabulous jeans on and off without unbuttoning and unzipping them like my size 12s.
    A size 10....tumblr_mig3bmYDH71qc4uvwo1_400.gif
    On the LET IT GO (AND DON'T LOOK BACK) front, WOW...just wow! The sheer loveliness and stress reducing/stress free life of living in a clean, beautiful, spacious and no longer going along to get along environment is capitivating and is contributing so much to a truly BETTER new life--YAY!!! o:)<3o:)

OMG! You are amazing! How marvelous, exciting, and inspiring! I'm happy for you, my friend. Enjoy getting oot and aboot!

{{{{ :smiley: *Waving Hi* :smiley: }}}}} You're the best, period.
    a6cce440d3f306311f04df57f709e831--a-hug-interesting-stuff.jpg
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    WOOOOOHOOOO!!! Inspiring me today with your before and afters @NewLIFEstyle4ME - we started around the same weight and have a similar goal! Huge congrats on the success - and thank you for sharing your journey with us! I always stall out around 180 - currently where I've been stalled out the past month. This weekend I finally finished unpacking all the remaining boxes fom the move and I've been doing daily core excercises and I can feel my muscles working again! This time does feel different because even though I'm struggling I get up each day and want to try again, not eat myself back to where I started.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited October 2018
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    WOOOOOHOOOO!!! Inspiring me today with your before and afters @NewLIFEstyle4ME - we started around the same weight and have a similar goal! Huge congrats on the success - and thank you for sharing your journey with us! I always stall out around 180 - currently where I've been stalled out the past month. This weekend I finally finished unpacking all the remaining boxes fom the move and I've been doing daily core excercises and I can feel my muscles working again! This time does feel different because even though I'm struggling I get up each day and want to try again, not eat myself back to where I started.

My absolute pleasure and THANK YOU so much for posting!!! <3

If you could see my face/facial expression on this pic, hiding the pain--so lost and so sad/miserable! No more "hiding the pain" NOR "hiding" from taking pics nor anything else either --it's ALL smiles now (INSIDE and out), even in/with the struggles and ugh that living life can/does/will bring sometimes daily--NO more, cause it's ON, now and forevermore--BOOM!

I LOVE that we're "twins" in our starting and goals--how cool is that?!? VERY cool!
    I also LOVE that you're accomplishing so much and with such a LET IT GO and DON'T LOOK BACK attitude--you winner you! Struggling is so underrated--it's what helps us to get stronger and stronger and "do this thing" as they say.
    {{{ o:) Hugs and The Highest of Fives to/for YOU o:) }}}}

ETA: Please TAKE YOUR TIME and love and learn from this blasted "stall". Stalls are "good" because they are trying to tell/teach us some important things. We want to do this right and righteously "this time" and taking your time...allowing your body to rid the excess while you're working on the "head/mind/spirit" stuff is truly worth it. Taking your time and evaluating what you doing is going to give you such rewards, patience is so underrated and so powerful. Taking your time may also help in the NO LOOSE SKIN business too--so it's all good (as "they" say). It's uber important NOT to merely look at the scale, but to take measurements as well AND gaging your "success" in your overall mental/physical/spiritual daily state too--how you're feeling and doing as you're kicking tail and taking names in the decluttering and just plain business of living too. I'm SHOCKED at how very many inches I've lost off of my entire body...BUT THE SCALE didn't move. The ole "slow and steady wins the race" is corny, but REAL/TRUE I'm cheering you on, just please know that!!!! {{{ Hugs }}}
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Thanks for tips on how you are releasing & letting go of your extra weight! I am learning so much from this page & my winter project is to do some decluttering. We moved a year ago & this house has so much storage space that it doesn't seem like I have as much unnecessary stuff as I do, lol.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    @LindaGilpin59 ..you said you hung organizers for grocery bags, but not sure your husband will use them....I took an extra waste paper can, put it in a handy closet, put a grocery bag in it, & then when we have bags, just stuff them in there. When full, just pull out, tie & take to recycling place, & then start again. 😊
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME Thank you for the words of encouragement - your perspective on taking ones time really helped me cope today! I had the thought in my head last night that things feel better in my body - my muscles are working again. And you are so right - that is a success in itself the scale is just extra data not everything and I needed the reminder! xo!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited October 2018
    Thanks for tips on how you are releasing & letting go of your extra weight! I am learning so much from this page & my winter project is to do some decluttering. We moved a year ago & this house has so much storage space that it doesn't seem like I have as much unnecessary stuff as I do, lol.

@RetiredAndLovingIt2 (LOVE your user name BTW) You are more than welcomed and I'm so very glad to know this page/thread is helping you...it's super helping me too-Thank you again so MUCH for posting/contributing to this thread! What a good idea about the plastic bags too. Another idea/thing what I do is add four or five of those plastic bags inside stacked on top of each other (so that the 4-5 bags makes ONE bag) into some cute little small garbage cans, all around the house (the bathrooms, the bedrooms, places where CUTE little garbage can help us tidy up and NOT leave mess out--getting rid of it immediately etc.) this way as one of the plastic bags gets filled up, there's another one, right behind it--BOOM Nowadays, they have the cutest little garbage cans and why not add a little "ump and yes ma'am, that's CUTE" for little garbage cans (they cost the same thing maybe even cheaper) and that helps with getting rid the "mess" in-style o:)<3o:) and helps us to not hold on to or allow the "little messes" to stick around at all AND helps to cut down on the multitude of grocery/shopping plastic bags too--BOOM! <3

AJB1014 wrote: »
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME Thank you for the words of encouragement - your perspective on taking ones time really helped me cope today! I had the thought in my head last night that things feel better in my body - my muscles are working again. And you are so right - that is a success in itself the scale is just extra data not everything and I needed the reminder! xo!

@AJB1014--YAY that sometime me and the other posters said/say that helps you. This business of weight blastification and decluttering and life in general is always in need of tips/helps/encouragement, etc. all the time. I'm thrilled for you to see/begin to believe that success is far more than the scale or even conquering a room, area, or messy/toxic people, places and things. I LOVE how when we start walking in a new direction, a new way of thinking and feeling/doing things--BOOM, change comes and we welcome that change more and more instead of resisting (or ignoring or being "overcome" allowing our "feelings" to lead/guide and many times defeat us or inspire us to welcome or even at least allowing ourselves to be defeated by it. I just love that! <3
  • LindaGilpin59
    LindaGilpin59 Posts: 233 Member
    edited October 2018
    @LindaGilpin59 ..you said you hung organizers for grocery bags, but not sure your husband will use them....I took an extra waste paper can, put it in a handy closet, put a grocery bag in it, & then when we have bags, just stuff them in there. When full, just pull out, tie & take to recycling place, & then start again. 😊

he has his own way of doing them sorts them into good bags and bad but all still end up with them on the floor in the corner of the kitchen. Love him anyway
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME

he has his own way of doing them sorts them into good bags and bad but all still end up with them on the floor in the corner of the kitchen. Love him anyway

How beautiful and powerful o:)<3o:)

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!