Options

Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Baked Chicken Chimichangas

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/baked-chicken-chimichangas/

This is after I put it into myfitness pal for calorie count. Its a little different from the Taste of Home recipe.... but I make these often. Very quick to make. I usually add a large salad with it.

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/63374279765437

I've got this starred to make next week...I have all the ingredients except the tortillas. I do love me some tex-mex! But I would not serve it with green peas as the picture shows!!! I couldn't click on to your mfp link...probably because it's your recipe box :) Thanks for the recipe. I think I'll cook up enough meat when I make the chicken and mango salsa recipe to use in your recipe---then it's extra quick!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    JFt, saturday

So this is a small NSV for me ... mindful eating! I went out to eat dinner with a friend, and on the way home I had to stop at the store for some eggs. I know I should not even be doing this, but I knew our daughter was at our house, and she loves the little individual cheesecakes that the store sells. So ... I bought her one. Well... I get home, and she has already left, so I put the cheesecake in the frig. Since I only had half of my wrap (and hubby ate the rest), I was feeling hungry, and grabbed the cheesecake to eat. Then ... I looked at the calories. OMG --- 750 calories!!! How can that be possible ... for a little piece of cheesecake!!!!!! I am so glad I did not eat it!!!! And I think from now on, I will NOT be buying these for my daughter either. She does not need that kind of calories. And can you believe ... I had never even looked at the calories when I was buying these! No wonder I have a weight problem!

January Challenge -- Red cup challenge - 8+ glasses of water

Jan 4 :)
    Jan 5 :)

I am SO doing the happy dance! That is awesome! Not only did you look at the calories but you said, "Not today!" You owned it! Oh my goodness---you are rockin' January! AND you are getting your water in. Really, I'm so excited...I felt like I'm the one who turned down the cheesecake, lolol!

Heres to Peeeee's and joy (couldn't resist seeing your later post of all the water you had this evening, lolol!)
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Well, I got on the treadmill this afternoon.
    Drank over 8 cups of water.
    Logged my food. Didn't eat well, but stayed within my boundaries today, so I will take it.

I think my issue with the food is that Monday I'm going to begin a 40 modified sugar detox and I'm throwing caution to the wind and eating with abandon...YIKES! I reeled it in today. I am down to two graham crackers in the pantry. The chocolate chips are in a plastic bag, in a tight fitting plastic box, behind four items in the pantry! Give me two days and I'll completely forget they are there :) I don't have anys sweet snacks, ice cream...oh, I still have a bit of egg nog left so I guess I'll have some of that tomorrow and then that's it! It's good the pantry has been pretty bare of sweets or I would have attacked them this week. Which is so silly---it's not like I'll never eat a chocolate chip cookie again, right? RIGHT???!!! :#

Peace and joy you wonderful ladies!

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sunday 6 Jan

I don't feel like doing anything today but there are things that need to be done and the whole point of posting on here is to be accountable for the things I should do for my health, so here they are:

Complete the January water challenge
    Take a walk to wake me up
    Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Meet Fitbit excercise goals
    Bed on time
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I'm not even lying lol...
    fn7akihogfcz.jpg

OH .... HOW CUTE!!!! And I love all that hair! But ... poor little dog :D

Haha the hair is crazy, it cant be tamed lol!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    not posting any goals today, got an awful cough so went to sleep on the sofa last night so my partner wouldn't be disturbed, Saskia came downstairs at like 6.30 and woke me up repeatedly. I'm in the foulest of moods and I've got a headache.
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Sunday
    I was doing so well before the holiday and then got bad news at work and I just fell completely apart. It’s a new year and time to get back on track.
    1. Do TRX workout
    2. Log food and stay in the green
    3. Drink 100 oz water
    4. Think positive. Whatever will happen will happen. There will never not be challenges, some will just be harder than others and you have to get back up and keep moving.
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    awhit4842 wrote: »
    JFT Sunday
    I was doing so well before the holiday and then got bad news at work and I just fell completely apart. It’s a new year and time to get back on track.
    1. Do TRX workout
    2. Log food and stay in the green
    3. Drink 100 oz water
    4. Think positive. Whatever will happen will happen. There will never not be challenges, some will just be harder than others and you have to get back up and keep moving.

Hang in there re 4. You are stronger than you know. Make sure you are kind to yourself. If what you say to yourself you wouldn’t say to a dear friend then chuck out that enemy from without and replace with a kinder voice. Be your own bestest friend. xxx
  • Mbodied
    Mbodied Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yesterday
    Y- Finish 1st draft of report
    N- 30 minutes of walking
    Y- Eat planned meals
    N- Cook lamb and zucchini
    N- Make and freeze cookies
    N- Write 2 letters
    Y- Drink 64 oz water
    Y- 1 hour TV max
    N- Bed by 10pm

Yesterday felt like a win because I accomplished my priorities for the day. Today I will build on those successes.

JFT
    Eat mindful meals
    Drink 64oz water
    Make cookies
    Food prep
    Hike or yoga
    Evening stretch session
    Write card

Breathing on through,
    Em
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @Bex953172 I hope you feel better, soon!

I am having a lot of difficulty keeping up with everyone. So, sorry if I don't respond to y'all

Yesterday: Sat., 1/5/19 A lot of what I post will be the same tame, every day...
    Weigh: :) 158.6 lbs
    Back exercises including crunches & planks :)
    Push-ups :)
    Triceps dips :)
    Wow! Felt the exercises in my joints, immediately, afterwards. Felt weird all day, afterwards. It's been months since I've done these exercises... But, overall I felt good for doing them!
    Red cup challenge- but 4 cups will be acceptable for me. That is how poor I am at drinking water. Just 4 cups daily is HUGE for me. :)Drank 5 1/2 cups!!!
    Stay in the Green :)
    Stay focused!!! - (no matter what, no excuses... I can make them for every meal and every bite, but not going to pass muster this year). :)Even though very stressful time with one of my brothers... don't want to talk about it, but terrible!!! And, I have this thread and all of y'all to thank for not going to the food! Y'all have me very motivated.
    Get parent's caregiver's checks ready to mail :)
    Go to post office :)

Extras, maybe?:
    Laundry...
    Dishes ...
    Declutter/clean a little...
    Do some meal planning... :) a little bit.
    Find fitness classes to attend
    Make a schedule
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JFT: Sun., 1/6/19 A lot of what I post will be the same tame, every day...
    Weigh: :) 156.2 lbs Yay!
    Red cup challenge- but 4 cups will be acceptable for me. That is how poor I am at drinking water. Just 4 cups daily is HUGE for me.
    Stay in the Green
    Stay focused!!! - (no matter what, no excuses... I can make them for every meal and every bite, but not going to pass muster this year).
    Go look at House - my daughter & SIL may be int'd in leasing.
    Bedtime: midnight

Extras, maybe?:
    Laundry...
    Dishes ...
    Declutter/clean a little...
    Do some meal planning...
    Find fitness classes to attend
    Make a schedule

Let's all make it a great day!!
    Elbee1
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    JFT - Saturday January 5th
    2L of water -🙂2.25
    Calories in Green - 😈😈 in red by 400 something.
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂 I was going to do 3 but felt so tired when I started.
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 1/5 I really need to get some fruits and veggies in the house. When I do I need to eat them not throw them out as they’ve gone bad!
    Only 1 evening Snack -🙂
    5 something at bathroom break 😈 why is this so hard to remember?
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. 😕 I ate chips, way too many of them.

JFT - Sunday January 6th
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

I was finally able to convince my husband to spend some quality time with me and wouldnt you know it that stupid TOM had to start. Why can’t it just end when we’re done having kids? So disappointed and frustrated!

I didn’t get anything accomplished yesterday except taking the Grands home. They really wanted to stay another night but bedtime is such a frustrating event I told them no. I don’t really have room for both of them to stay at once. We do not have a spare bed so they “camp out” on the floor. I really wish we had more rooms and a spare bed. We have to come up with a plan for this summer when people will be arriving from NB for Kaitlyn’s wedding.

Today the Grands and their parents will be visiting ao I’ll be having a lazy day again.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    Bex - I agree with Mytime your stories of little ones brings back many memories for us empty nesters. We can empathize easily as we’re not to old to remember the struggles and trying days, but we’re old enough to be annoying to you young Moms when we laugh a little bit because we know you’ll survive it and before you know it be laughing with us.

Mytime - I took care of others little ones too. I would do it again in a heartbeat if I had the space and a different husband. He used to drive truck so it didn’t bother him like it would now.

Elbee1 - Yes I do Leslie Sansone. The 1 mike is Nick that accompanies her on some walks. I wish he had some longer ones he is pretty energetic and fun to walk with.
    As for keeping up with us, I found it hard a bit at first, but within a few short weeks found it quite comfortable.

Zizzybumble - congrats on making goal. I’m sure you’ll learn about maintenance. I believe Faebert is maintaining as well.

Frenchfancy - your bladder seems to get used to the water after a few days and then it doesn’t seem like you’re running all the time. In the meantime, enjoy the extra steps you get. I was successful all summer at getting 2.25 litres in and then something slowed me down. I am fighting hard to remember to get 4 in each day again. I find as long as I start by 11 I can usually do it without having to wake in the night.

Shakenbake57 - I bet that more than made up for exercise. I count heavy cleaning days as exercise in my log.

Mytime - good for you for checking the calories on the cheesecake BEFORE eating it. I had that with something the other day but I had eaten it first. I can’t remember right now what it was. I have decided to stop buying the treats for my husband too, he doesn’t need it either. He is so sedentary and has just moved up to a 2XL shirt. His family history is not the best to be at this weight.

BCTrai - happy to see you whenever you make a comment. I agree your own mental health is vitally important.

Toaljasa - I have done that before too, eat it all so it’s gone when “I’m starting”. I just last week threw all the leftover sweets in the freezer. Yesterday though I finished off a bag of chips Michaela convinced me to buy on Friday.

Awhit4282 - so many seem to be having work issues lately. I wish our economy would turn around. Good luck to you.

Cschmitz - hope your conversation with hubby went well.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Leave for Y by 8:30. Update the account with the new credit card.
    3. Strength class. Treadmill. Zumba. Duo. Contact B. Check in with parents.
    4. Put laundry away. Update grocery list. Saag. Meringue cookies. Lang8 journal entry. Blog post.
    5. Pull audio files from CDs. List assessments for English I and compare to standards.
    6. Therapy exercises. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

JFT Sunday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Call parents. Put dishes away. Duo.
    3. Put laundry away. Lang8 journal entry. Blog post.
    4. Grocery shopping. Thrift store? Walk to 10k.
    5. Saag. List assessments for English I and compare to standards.
    6. Chop celery. Pack lunch for tomorrow.
    7. Therapy exercises. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10. Alarm set for 5:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    Today: 189.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Regular: needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    3. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Gifts for dad and DH - look for licorice puffs (Dollar Tree), cookbook. Fix laptop bag. Find a recipe for squash soup that looks good.
    8. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, Harvey Mansfield, or Robert Adams). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.

Just noticed that I lost my "streak" while we were on vacation and away from the internet. It's amusing, because it's not like it keeps track of whether you stayed within your calories/macros or whatever. Mine logs in automatically, even if I don't have the app open.

Tomorrow is the first day with a new group of students, and the first day of a new master's course. Nervous but excited!
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    Well, I'm back.
    My apologies for not being present with all of you.
    Though I have plans to be here after this break I will not be super active, just comment here and there. I've had plenty of time to think the last while and came to realize that i need to be more aware of my own mental health. How's that for a realization?
    So now for the next part... doing something about it.
    I wish all of you a very happy and healthy 2019 and look forward to seeing you here.

Taking care of your mental health is one of the most important things you can do! Good for you on realizing that. I started therapy last year when I had the same realization. <3 Take care of you!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    JFT 1/5
    1. IF/keto eating 👹
    2. Coffee ☕️, 🍵 & H20 during my fasting times smile ☺️
    3. Sugar free 👹
    4. at least 11/8oz cups h20 ☺️
    5. Stay within my 3 hr eating window 👹
    6. Walk at least 8000 👹steps per day
    7. 60 min yoga 🧘‍♀️ & meditation 🧘‍♂️ smile ☺️
    8. Start reading The stressless brain👹

JFT 1/6
    1. IF/keto eating
    2. Coffee ☕️, 🍵 & H20 during my fasting times smile
    3. Sugar free
    4. at least 11/8oz cups h20
    5. Stay within my 3 hr eating window
    6. Walk at least 8000 steps per day
    7. 60 min yoga 🧘‍♀️ & meditation 🧘‍♂️ smile
    8. Start reading The stressless brain
    Happy Sunday ☀️🌞
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Feeling a bit stressed... Like me, hubby returned to work yesterday after our vacation, and he learned his new employer was actually effective Mon. 12/31 (he works 2nd shift at the local VA clinic for a contractor doing building services). We knew a contractor change was pending but were caught completely off guard by the timing. Hubby doesn't know all the details yet, but we know his benefits are definitely impacted, like health insurance and paid vacation/holiday time. He was feeling really down last night when he texted me, plus one person quit & he was doing double-duty again.

Today, he was sleeping when I left for work, and I won't be able to see him over my lunch hour, since I have signed up for the weekly workplace mindful hike. Then he'll be gone when I get home from work. The situation is totally out of my control, and that's when I stress the most. Have been saying my prayers... We know we are blessed in so many ways, and things will be worked out eventually, even if it means a new job. Sorry for the venting, it helps me to share.

I've been off due to the loss of a friend at way too young of an age, so just now seeing this. I'm so sorry you and your hubby are going through this kind of stress. Work stress just sucks! It is such a helpless feeling because of the lack of control and so much of your life being consumed by it. I said a special prayer for you both and will continue, my friend! xoxoxo PM me if there is anything I can do or you just feel like venting.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Well, I sound like a broken record here, but I've been MIA again. Lost a friend way too young to cancer and I've been taking it rather hard. Not an excuse for not caring about what I shove in my mouth, but I guess I just want to be accountable as to why I've been MIA.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I'm a survivor myself and my niece is fighting the battle even as we speak. Cancer sucks and I completely understand the loss of your friend taking a toll on you. <3 Hang in there!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I managed 4 cups of water - woo hoo- but then bursting for a wee🤣🤣🤣😂😂 i think binge water drinking is not maybe the way to go! Doesn’t happen with Gin !!!!!❤️🤣

😂😂😂😂👏 too funny. Yesss, take it easy.