Can't seem to lose weight? It may be your meal frequency.....

Options
2»

Replies

• thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Why is it that people will literally try everything under the sun before simply eating less? hxx1k8z5fag0.png

Agreed. And even in this pyramid, the bottom three are the ones that have direct relevance to nutrition/health/weight. Meal frequency and timing is more about adherence. Supplementation isn't required or necessary for most people as long as the bottom three are taken care of and there is diversity in your food.

ETA: I feel like the tip off for this being bad advice is that while it says that you can get results with fewer meals, more frequent eating is the best way. And while it is implied, it is saying it is the best way for everyone. Anything that has absolutist statements like that are already suspect. Combine that with, as mentioned already, the lack of credible sources or studies leads me to believe it's snake oil for the desperate.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,442 Member
    Options
    I've given TO a hug, but it looked like they really needed one <3
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Why is it that people will literally try everything under the sun before simply eating less? hxx1k8z5fag0.png

Because they desperately want to believe "it's not my fault I'm fat" or "I don't really eat that much."

QFT
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    No.
  • jeedsjds13
    jeedsjds13 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My bariatric program had me on no more than 3 meals a day - they told us we are not cows so we don't graze. My psychologist says I need to eat smaller amounts more frequently as I deal with 2 eating disorders...I say whatever works for you - trial and error I guess haha!
  • KrazyKrissyy
    KrazyKrissyy Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    If you're eating frequently, staying within your calorie limit, yet gaining weight, you probably have a hefty bowel movement coming up.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    I get my fair share of woo's - it goes with the turf. Don't believe I've given a woo - it took me a while to figure out what they were. Thanks for the reminder.
This discussion has been closed.