JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    not posting any goals today, got an awful cough so went to sleep on the sofa last night so my partner wouldn't be disturbed, Saskia came downstairs at like 6.30 and woke me up repeatedly. I'm in the foulest of moods and I've got a headache.

I sooo totally need to be there. I'd keep a cloth to your forehead, make a warm tea for your coughing and
    throat, coral the children to make Mummy some get well/love you princess cards, and give you pillows and
    a throw blanket for you to rest.
  • maryrobinson40
    Well, I sound like a broken record here, but I've been MIA again. Lost a friend way too young to cancer and I've been taking it rather hard. Not an excuse for not caring about what I shove in my mouth, but I guess I just want to be accountable as to why I've been MIA.

I have to go back and catch up. I'm like 152 posts behind or something, so maybe later! LOL! I love that the group is busy! So inspiring to get me back into it.

Just for Today:
    1. Journal every bite
    2. Half my weight in ounces of water
    3. Walk my dog at least 30 minutes
    4. Clean my new cupboards and shelves in the basement and set up a sewing area
    5. Run to Target for a new coat and new shoes (since my dog decided out of the clear blue sky to EAT my best pair of shoes! :grimace:
    6. Watch the Eagles vs Bears playoff game at 3:00 while I putz around the basement decluttering
    7. Be mindful, read my ARCs, eat only when sitting
    8. Pack tomorrow's lunchbox and prelog my food
    9. Set out tomorrow's clothes
    10. Read the Michael Connelly mystery I started
    11. Update my bullet journal for January and schedule exercise into each day. 5/7 days is my goal.
    12. Unplug one hour before bed / Read Dodie / Read Simple Abundance / Calm app
    13. Get up without hitting snooze in the morning. (If I do this even once this month, I'm going to give myself a BIG ATTA GIRL! LOL!)

Happy Sunday everyone! I'll hop on later and catch up.

Tracie
    Word for 2019: Tenacity

Happy Sunday Sis... Hugs. You're a trooper👏👏👏
    It's quite alright that you took some time. We all have at some point.
    Condolences on the loss of your friend and prayers for you and
    your niece, and family. I love you.💕🌹
  • maryrobinson40
    Sunday Love for ALL of you💖 🌈
  • karabobera
    karabobera Posts: 26 Member
    Love this idea so much!! my overall goals are just to learn how to control my binge eating and get rid of the extra fat on my body- it doesn't really settle in a very flattering way at all, haha. But my main goal is to love myself and to love the process of getting healthier and more active every day! Now that I've started exercising I realize how down I am without it. We can do this everyone! :-D

Today I will...
    -drink 7 cups of water
    -get out and walk around, shopping, etc
    -elliptical for 30 min
    -light dinner with lots of veggies
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,328 Member
    Well, I sound like a broken record here, but I've been MIA again. Lost a friend way too young to cancer and I've been taking it rather hard. Not an excuse for not caring about what I shove in my mouth, but I guess I just want to be accountable as to why I've been MIA.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I'm a survivor myself and my niece is fighting the battle even as we speak. Cancer sucks and I completely understand the loss of your friend taking a toll on you. <3 Hang in there!

Hugs to you @newdaydawning79 . I'm also a survivor. 7 years out next month. I am so sorry to hear about your niece having to deal with the monster. I'm sending you hugs from survivor to survivor, and prayers for your niece. Thank you for your kind words and understanding. xoxo
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Sounds like lots of us are struggling today. Too many for me to catch up on individually but hugs all round.

Didn’t post goals for today so swimming up yesterday first - pretty awful! My daughters really didn’t want to go to their dad’s. They really don’t like his girlfriend and say he isn’t as nice when she is around. So I felt torn and guilty as I know it’s right for them to see him and I know he loves them, but it’s also so hard for them too. Spent the day a bit of a wreck - no proper meals, mindless grazing and then feeling nauseous and didn’t go to bf’s place...BUT, then I spoke to them in the evening and they were ok. Next time they go there she won’t be around so we are all happier with that.

And the great thing is that after a troubled night I woke up this morning and went for a 4 mile run outside - my furthest ever! Major NSV and then drove down to make brunch for the bf and hang out for a couple of hours before I picked up the girls. I’m still a bit wobbly tonight and have first day back at work tomorrow so going to have some cuddles with the kids then an early night.

Saturday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - Get kids up and wash hair before their dad arrives (he never does it and they always come back to me a bedraggled and often a bit grubby mess 🙄 ✅
    - Email lawyer ❎
    - Put away last laundry load ✅
    - Health food store/ groceries ✅
    - See bf in the evening ❎
    - Stay mindful- re-read 2019 goals❎
    - Water! Jan challenge❎

Goals for tomorrow (Monday)
    - morning workout
    - Water!
    - Remember to take snack and lunch to work
    - Call/email lawyer (priority!)
    - Stay mindful - re-read 2019 goals
    - Early night

See you all tomorrow xx
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,724 Member
    Faebert - I feel for you and the girls. It’s a tough situation all around. Hope it gets easier and the girlfriend takes a long walk away for the girls sake.
  • Jofitt14
    Jofitt14 Posts: 7 Member
    JFT 7.1.19
    Going on holiday today so the next few days will be a challenge!
    Drink water (2 litres a day)
    Log my food ( as best as I can while eating out)
    10000 steps (even though I'm on holiday :smiley:
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    This is so me this week.
    1ezt3ceb7kj0.jpeg

LOL
    Nothings gonna top that!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Sunday 6 Jan

I don't feel like doing anything today but there are things that need to be done and the whole point of posting on here is to be accountable for the things I should do for my health, so here they are:

Complete the January water challenge :)
    Take a walk to wake me up >:) Too lazy
    Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green >:) Enjoyed too much cheese and Cornish cream!
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Meet Fitbit excercise goals >:) Again too lazy and did not make time for this
    Bed on time
    :) Just

Not a good day in terms of food moderation and excercise. I enjoyed some "left overs" and prioritised sorting finances over excercise (or even moving!). Hopefully tomorrow will be better in terms of healthy choices however I feel better knowing I've made a start on the financial planning aimed at achieving an early retirement. Tomorrow is the day I record my weekly weight and fit bit stats, they should be better than last week but not by much.

My stresses seem small compared to many of you and I admire your strength and perseverance. I will need to put more time aside to respond individually, in the meantime, congratulations on your successes and be kind to yourself if you are struggling.

• PackerFanInGB
    @Faebert It's a tough situation when dealing with an ex and your kids. I empathize! I'm glad they did okay and will have their dad to themselves next time! and YOU GO, GIRL! Congrats on the 4 mile run! I would be SO excited if I could run even 20 feet! Maybe if I keep walking and build up some stamina I will be able to jog someday. I would love that. You're so inspiring!

@Snowflake1968 I love that meme! I saw that somewhere and laughed and thought to myself that it looked just like me right now! HAHAHA!

@Jofitt14 Enjoy your holiday!

@ZizzyBumble I think that is a huge win if you worked on your financial planning. I will put that off and do almost anything not to have to look at that. BUT, I am really looking to retire as soon as humanly possible, so I should follow your lead and start looking closer. If medical insurance didn't cost so doggone much, I'd probably retire in 3 years. But the way things are with insurance, I'll have to wait until I'm 65 to get Medicare. UGH.
  • PackerFanInGB
    karabobera wrote: »
    Love this idea so much!! my overall goals are just to learn how to control my binge eating and get rid of the extra fat on my body- it doesn't really settle in a very flattering way at all, haha. But my main goal is to love myself and to love the process of getting healthier and more active every day! Now that I've started exercising I realize how down I am without it. We can do this everyone! :-D

Today I will...
    -drink 7 cups of water
    -get out and walk around, shopping, etc
    -elliptical for 30 min
    -light dinner with lots of veggies

If you can reach that main goal, I think the rest of it will fall into place. It's so hard to talk kindly to ourselves, isn't it? We give our friends and people we love pep talks and cheer them on, but the way we talk to ourselves is not nearly as loving! You're right though...we CAN do this! And we will!!!

I can't remember who it is on this thread that always says it, but I love the motto of striving for progress, not perfection. One baby step at a time...

xoxo
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Holy Crow!!! 164 posts since I last looked on Thursday!

We found out on Friday at 830pm that my MIL was in ICU and had coded twice since the 26th. The latest being Thursday. My husband and I were LIVID that we hadn't been told sooner. So we went and saw her that night. She looks like she might be ready to go. My mom went and saw her this afternoon and says that she's good with the Lord. That's a huge relief for us.

Also on Friday... Matt went to meet with the manager of the store he is transferring to when he goes back to work Feb 1. Matt is being brought on with a promotion. He'll be a key holder/manager in training!!! Which is a pay raise!! Not sure how much yet though. He has to call his former store tomorrow to find out if there is anything he needs to do. The only hiccup is that his former manager doesn't want to let him leave. I told Matt that I forbid him from going back to that store...I never ever do that. But this time I'm standing firm.

Umm...

Considering I'm doing this on my phone ATM I think that is all for the moment. Lol.

My heart goes out to your hubby and you regarding your MIL. I don't blame you for being upset about not being told! I'd be wanting to strangle someone...my parents have finally realized *not* telling me about their health issues until after the fact just makes me mad for that reason!

Congrats to Matt on the promotion as well! Especially since it sounds like he's getting out of a bad environment along with it.
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    This is so me this week.
    1ezt3ceb7kj0.jpeg

Gawd you took a photo of me! 🥴😱well I think I’m printing this out and sticking it on my mirror as a reminder when I’m battling over wanting to eat the rest of the pizza.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member

Stomach bug kept me from working Friday so I didn't walk at lunch or do pretty much anything other than sleep. So now I'm starting fresh tomorrow!

JFT 1-6-19

1. Log everything I eat. :)
    2. Finish meal planning/cooking. :)
    3. Get enough sleep. :)
    4. Drink at least 96 oz of water. :)
    5. Reach out to at least 1 friend I haven't talked to in awhile. :)

JFT 1-7-19 (Monday Funday)

1. Log everything.
    2. Drink at least 96 oz of water.
    3. Walk during lunch or afterward (depending on weather).
    4. Use my paper fitness journal.
    5. Start studying for my next work exam.
    6. Do at least one load of laundry.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    1. Finish laundry :)
    2. Put away laundry >:)
    3. Smoothie for breakfast :)
    4. Waters! :)
    5. DH quality time :)
    6. Farm visit for sausage, cheddar, and Jersey cream :)
    7. Salad with veggie burger for lunch :)
    8. Log all food :)

Jft Sun
    1. DH quality time
    2. Bed by 930
    3. One more water

JFT Mon AM
    1. Smoothie
    2. Fish oil
    3. Up by 7

Phone is driving me,nuts! Hi and hugs to all, talk to you all when im back at a computer!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,724 Member
    @HEGoddard0928 I’m so sorry to hear about your MIL. We have been in the situation of not knowing there is medical issues with my MIL as well. Luckily not as major, but we found out on FB that she in the hospital 3 days after she had been admitted. Rodger’s Dad said “nothing they could do what’s the sense.” When his Mother had her heart attacks his Father told his Sister not to call. We were fortunate that Rodgers sister has no problem standing up to her Father when necessary.

Hug Matt a little tighter, that has to be painful. Congratulations to him on the promotion though!!!!
  • shakenbake57
    shakenbake57 Posts: 312 Member
    Didn't take the dog with us, but did walk around the mall. Sounds like it will be nice tomorrow so will take Rocky out for a walk after work.