FREE Customized Personal Weight Loss Eating Plan! (Not Spam or MLM)

Replies

• frau5
    frau5 Posts: 18 Member
    Tagline:

With the ANN PLAN - YOU CAN!!!

Bumping this post for the newbies who are looking for the answer to weight loss.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    It's only 1/4, for heaven's sake.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Nope. It's only 1/5 now and this is too far down page one for my liking :tongue:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    First Monday of the new year. This obviously need a bump!

2dz8nqysjyce.gif
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    First Monday of the new year. This obviously need a bump!

2dz8nqysjyce.gif

Still needs that obvious bump :wink:
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,902 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    This is not spam, not selling anything, no outlinks, not a sparkly unicorn. It's also not the quick, easy miracle method you've dreamed of . . . but if you follow it, it will work.

For starters, log what you're eating right now.

First, tweak what you're eating to hit calorie goal. Review your food log every day or two. Notice foods that "cost" too many calories for the tastiness, nutrition or satiation they bring you. Gradually reduce or eliminate those, replacing them with foods you enjoy that better meet your goals.

If you feel weak, fatigued or have other negative health symptoms, gradually increase your calorie goal slightly to find a point where the problems subside.

After 4-6 weeks, adjust your calorie goal based on your actual results to achieve a sensible ongoing weight loss rate. (You'll want to do this every 10-15 pounds down, as you continue).

Next, work on your macros. Daily, strive to eat (just my opinion):

- At least 0.6-0.8g protein per pound of healthy goal weight (approximately equivalent to 0.8-1g per pound of lean body mass). More is fine, within reason.
    - At least 0.35-0.45g fat per pound of healthy goal weight, as much of it as possible from healthy sources like olive oil, avocados, nuts, etc. More is fine, within reason.
    - An absolute minimum of 5 servings of varied, colorful fruit and veggies. 10 is even better.

Use diary review in the same way to get there, and don't beat yourself up if you fall short sometimes. Stress, guilt, and self-recrimination burn no extra calories.

If a sub-par day happens, think briefly about why in case you can reduce future repeats, then let it go and get back on your healthy track.

If needed, experiment with timing of eating and what you eat (within nutritional goals) to find optimal satiation.

Let carbs fall where they may, unless there's a problem. If your energy seems low, increase carbs to see if that helps. If cravings or hunger persist, experiment with low carb, to see if that helps.

Once you're comfortably hitting calorie and nutritional goals, having good energy levels, and feeling satiated most of the time, work on optimizing practicality, social factors, and general happiness.

Throughout, fit in the occasional treat. Recognize that there are no "bad foods", just bad overall ways of eating.

Throughout, happily let yourself relax your goals occasionally, such as for true celebrations: Your birthday, major celebratory holidays, special family events.

That's a 100% customized, personal, workable, sustainable diet program. ;)

Thanks for taking the time to type this up! I'm a returning user who got discouraged and left, and am determined to not make the same mistakes this time around, which means asking questions.
    On this part:
    Let carbs fall where they may, unless there's a problem. If your energy seems low, increase carbs to see if that helps. If cravings or hunger persist, experiment with low carb, to see if that helps.

Could someone please clarify "which carbs" are to be avoided? I've read about carbs, refined carbs, net carbs etc and there's some crazy and/or confusing sounding stuff out there.

Thanks folks!
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,902 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    This is not spam, not selling anything, no outlinks, not a sparkly unicorn. It's also not the quick, easy miracle method you've dreamed of . . . but if you follow it, it will work.

For starters, log what you're eating right now.

First, tweak what you're eating to hit calorie goal. Review your food log every day or two. Notice foods that "cost" too many calories for the tastiness, nutrition or satiation they bring you. Gradually reduce or eliminate those, replacing them with foods you enjoy that better meet your goals.

If you feel weak, fatigued or have other negative health symptoms, gradually increase your calorie goal slightly to find a point where the problems subside.

After 4-6 weeks, adjust your calorie goal based on your actual results to achieve a sensible ongoing weight loss rate. (You'll want to do this every 10-15 pounds down, as you continue).

Next, work on your macros. Daily, strive to eat (just my opinion):

- At least 0.6-0.8g protein per pound of healthy goal weight (approximately equivalent to 0.8-1g per pound of lean body mass). More is fine, within reason.
    - At least 0.35-0.45g fat per pound of healthy goal weight, as much of it as possible from healthy sources like olive oil, avocados, nuts, etc. More is fine, within reason.
    - An absolute minimum of 5 servings of varied, colorful fruit and veggies. 10 is even better.

Use diary review in the same way to get there, and don't beat yourself up if you fall short sometimes. Stress, guilt, and self-recrimination burn no extra calories.

If a sub-par day happens, think briefly about why in case you can reduce future repeats, then let it go and get back on your healthy track.

If needed, experiment with timing of eating and what you eat (within nutritional goals) to find optimal satiation.

Once you're comfortably hitting calorie and nutritional goals, having good energy levels, and feeling satiated most of the time, work on optimizing practicality, social factors, and general happiness.

Throughout, fit in the occasional treat. Recognize that there are no "bad foods", just bad overall ways of eating.

Throughout, happily let yourself relax your goals occasionally, such as for true celebrations: Your birthday, major celebratory holidays, special family events.

That's a 100% customized, personal, workable, sustainable diet program. ;)

Thanks for taking the time to type this up! I'm a returning user who got discouraged and left, and am determined to not make the same mistakes this time around, which means asking questions.
    On this part:

Could someone please clarify "which carbs" are to be avoided? I've read about carbs, refined carbs, net carbs etc and there's some crazy and/or confusing sounding stuff out there.

Thanks folks!

Just to add to Ann's awesome response, I personally find that I always fail when I get bogged down in what to "avoid". IMHO, the only reason to avoid something in your diet is if it is crowding out something you need. So I focus my goals instead on getting MORE of what I need. And I find that when I hit my protein, fat, and fiber goals there isn't much room for the types of foods others try to avoid. I can't eat way too many Oreos and stick to my calories if I first make sure my goals are met. So my advice is always to focus on getting all the good stuff you want or need, and then if you want a cookie, and it fits in your calories, have a cookie :wink:

First off - I LOVE Oreos :D I like how you view that, hitting the macros (generally speaking) first and seeing what's left.

Thank you so much for the input @kimny72 :)
  • cmartelli1985
    cmartelli1985 Posts: 33 Member
    Thank you great post 👍
  • witchaywoman81
    witchaywoman81 Posts: 280 Member
    Buuuuuump!
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Excellent, @AnnPT77!!
  • witchaywoman81
    witchaywoman81 Posts: 280 Member
    Buuuuuup
  • Borrowed_time
    Borrowed_time Posts: 23 Member
    Only just found this - thank you for putting into words what I needed to continue.
  • Hungry_Shopgirl
    Hungry_Shopgirl Posts: 329 Member
    Bump!
  • MEGG4018
    MEGG4018 Posts: 12 Member
    Any tips for someone with no colon or gall bladder and post-medical-menopause?
    Been hard....
    But this is great start! Thank you!!!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    MEGG4018 wrote: »
    Any tips for someone with no colon or gall bladder and post-medical-menopause?
    Been hard....
    But this is great start! Thank you!!!

With apologies, I don't know anything about the "no colon" rules. You might want to start your own thread over in the Food topic area of the forum, with a subject line that makes clear what you're seeking.

I (person who wrote this thread's original post (OP)) have no gallbladder, and had chemotherapy-induced menopause long ago. Neither of those has affected how I eat, or how I lose weight, at all.

I know some people find they need to keep fat intake low, and sometimes limit or avoid other specific trigger foods, after gallbladder surgery. I haven't had those problems, myself.

Wish I could help, but I'll bet if you start your own thread on the subject, you'll find someone who can! :)