What’s your drama?

Options

Replies

• newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    crampus1 wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »
    My drama is I'm socially awkward, seriously shy, and bad with the communicating with people in the outside world in general. Usually people mistake my shyness for me being snobby or stuck up. Which makes me feel even more nervous about talking to others. If anyone responds to this, I'll most likely start freaking out internally and wonder what to do, how not to offend anyone, come up with several responses, and then choose not to respond at all because I'll be too worried that I'll end up starting some kind of internet fight, saying something dumb, or something I'll regret in the future, and then by choosing to take no action I'll start to wonder if people think I'm being rude and ignoring them. Eventually, in about a week, I might decide to like any and all responses, without saying anything back, because if I did respond, what I said would probably be misinterpreted, and I'd end up feeling awful for upsetting someone, or because my words were misunderstood entirely (S.O.M.L.). I'm probably the most socially awkward person you'll ever meet. Which is a shame because I usually like people once I get to know them, and this has sometimes resulted in me going years without having friends in the immediate outside world. Currently I have two, because I had a weird day where I was feeling super social and confident...which almost never happens. (This is awkwardly long now so I'm going to stop typing...awkwardly.)

I have basically no friends because I inevitability end up asking questions that are too personal/insensitive or end up saying something annoying.

I have one IRL friend (god knows why) and I even cancel plans on them most of the time for no reason other than being social is exhausting.

I'll make it easy though, I expect a response to this, even just a smiley face, or I'm going to regret making a serious post.

You're okay. What you describe isn't much different to how most people feel. Sounds like you don't fake the social exchanges you do have, which is a good thing.

I am socially awkward. I will talk about the weather and some form of pooping in the same small talk.

I think the poopoo topic has become the new small talk.
  • crampus1
    crampus1 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    My drama is I'm socially awkward, seriously shy, and bad with the communicating with people in the outside world in general. Usually people mistake my shyness for me being snobby or stuck up. Which makes me feel even more nervous about talking to others. If anyone responds to this, I'll most likely start freaking out internally and wonder what to do, how not to offend anyone, come up with several responses, and then choose not to respond at all because I'll be too worried that I'll end up starting some kind of internet fight, saying something dumb, or something I'll regret in the future, and then by choosing to take no action I'll start to wonder if people think I'm being rude and ignoring them. Eventually, in about a week, I might decide to like any and all responses, without saying anything back, because if I did respond, what I said would probably be misinterpreted, and I'd end up feeling awful for upsetting someone, or because my words were misunderstood entirely (S.O.M.L.). I'm probably the most socially awkward person you'll ever meet. Which is a shame because I usually like people once I get to know them, and this has sometimes resulted in me going years without having friends in the immediate outside world. Currently I have two, because I had a weird day where I was feeling super social and confident...which almost never happens. (This is awkwardly long now so I'm going to stop typing...awkwardly.)

I have basically no friends because I inevitability end up asking questions that are too personal/insensitive or end up saying something annoying.

I have one IRL friend (god knows why) and I even cancel plans on them most of the time for no reason other than being social is exhausting.

I'll make it easy though, I expect a response to this, even just a smiley face, or I'm going to regret making a serious post.

You're okay. What you describe isn't much different to how most people feel. Sounds like you don't fake the social exchanges you do have, which is a good thing.

I am socially awkward. I will talk about the weather and some form of pooping in the same small talk.

That’s a relief.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options

Well that makes sense... it was all my family could talk about for a good 20 minutes this past weekend on the day my niece decided to bring her boyfriend over for the first time. I was mortified and decided right then and there that I will NEVER bring a boyfriend home to meet them 😂😫😂
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    @RhiAnLewis17 & @HappilyDistracted are my current cause of drama. Throw @burlygirl91 for guilty association as well.

No blame lies here, I'm just an innocent bystander

No blame for sure.....but innocent?? Really? 😜
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend left me
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend left me

Well that sucks! Breakups are never fun. Just try to remember that time heals wounds and it will get better!
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options

Well that makes sense... it was all my family could talk about for a good 20 minutes this past weekend on the day my niece decided to bring her boyfriend over for the first time. I was mortified and decided right then and there that I will NEVER bring a boyfriend home to meet them 😂😫😂

Well, you know with the rise in popularity of probiotics the previously held social barriers are breaking down.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    I hate being held up, when I want to go... We go
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    My boyfriend left me

I'm sure you'll survive

Well damn..okay
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend left me

I'm sure you'll survive

Well damn..okay

Don't mind him... He just found out Noah is still cheating lol
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    My boyfriend left me

I'm sure you'll survive

Well damn..okay

Still mad at me I see

Im sure I'd beif I remember what you did
  • HappilyDistracted
    HappilyDistracted Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    I only tell you what to do because I have to

Is that why? I just thought you were THAT guy.

No I'm the other guy

Oh, my bad. So hard to keep track of all of you men!
  • SirMxyzptlk
    SirMxyzptlk Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend left me

Where? Can you get a ride at least?
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    My boyfriend left me

Where? Can you get a ride at least?

Thank God for Uber
  • crampus1
    crampus1 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I thought I heard thunder but it was just the garbage truck.
  • SirMxyzptlk
    SirMxyzptlk Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Browning and Kerning shirts.