Thoughts on eating 800 calories a day?

Options

Replies

• vickygalo
    vickygalo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That article I linked above is the Fast 800!
  • petethegamermfp
    petethegamermfp Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    While this could work for some people, it is just not for me as a diabetic that works a very very busy job....I would be wanting to eat my work colleagues by lunchtime 😀
  • PaigeAnderson1793
    PaigeAnderson1793 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think that 800 calories seems really low to me. I don't think that I'd be able to do it, but more power to those who do.
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    He was interviewed on ITV morning news programme yesterday and was saying to do the 800 cal a day for a week, a month or a few months but not really long term.

Edit:they also showed what 800 cals of food looks like -
    Breakfast = 2 boiled eggs
    Lunch = grilled salmon, broccoli, green beans
    Dinner = A bowl of thick soup

I think I could get more food out of 800 cals personally.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    suziecue25 wrote: »
    He was interviewed on ITV morning news programme yesterday and was saying to do the 800 cal a day for a week, a month or a few months but not really long term.

the article says a maximum of 12 weeks
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    smolmaus wrote: »
    This guy isn't talking about eating 800 calories every day. I had to read this article several times. He's talking about IF 5:2, and only eating 800 calories on the 2 fasting days. Yes he talks about other ways to fast, but then he dives into how his way of 5:2 is a far superior way to fast, and then talks about the 800 fast plan.

Besides, it wouldn't make sense for him to advocate to only eat 800 calories on the 2 fast days for 5:2, but advocate for everyone else who fasts over 12 hours every day to always only eat 800 calories.

He does seem to suggest 800kcal a day every day for "a period of time", and also IF at the same time. It is not very clear tbh, he's all over the place.
    The 5:2/Fast 800 in a nutshell

1. Choose whether you want to kick-start your diet with a fast track 800 calories a day, every day, for a period of time (if you have any health problems, check with your GP first) or opt for an 800-calorie limit on two days each week (as 5:2).

2. Increase the health benefits by eating within a restricted time window, starting with 12 hours of fasting (overnight) and building to a 16-hour overnight fast (eating in an eight-hour window).

3. Eat either two or three meals per day on your 800-calorie days, choosing between meal replacement shakes or pick and mix from the calorie-counted recipes in the paper all this week, keeping your carbohydrate intake low.

4. Eat a healthy Mediterranean-inspired diet on your five non-fast days, keeping carbohydrates low and portions small — but there is no calorie counting.

VLCD, IF, meal replacements, low-carb, MEDITERRANEAN DIET

That's got to be some sort of bingo.

That's why I had to read it several times. Although he talks about how to extend fasting, he then goes on to talk about how superior his 5:2 fasting is, and he even says to only eat 800 calories on the 2 fasted days and eat regularly every other day. So to me the article was pushing the 5:2
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    suziecue25 wrote: »

the article says a maximum of 12 weeks

The article does say 12 weeks but the guy himself said different on tv
This discussion has been closed.