JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    bsketgal wrote: »
    Just trying to get in 10,000 steps a day and stay away from sugar. Wanting to keep it simple and Not put too many things on my list. Easier to accomplish if I focus on 2 changes instead of 12!

I added little things each month when a challenge was added starting last April. I keep them on my list to remind me. They are much easier to accomplish now when I’m giving it my all.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Monday January 7th
    2L of water - 🤔 I think I only got 1.5 in. I lost count yesterday.
    Calories in Green - 😈 I did really well until I decided to stay up and watch “one more show” instead of going to bed. I had a slice of bread with peanut butter which put me over.
    Walk 1 Mile - 😕 I’m giving myself a pass on this as my chest was hurting quite badly again yesterday.
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 3/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 😈
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂 I’m saying yes, it wasn’t in the bathroom but I did some squats and jogging in place while waiting for my Cricut to cut.
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 😕

JFT - TuesdayJanuary 8th
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

Determined!

I made a small change yesterday that will make a big difference for both hubby and I. I have been buying coffee cream for years because that’s what he wanted. The other day I bought half & half instead and told him it was because of the price difference. Yesterday he told me he liked the half & half just fine. The price is less than half of the cream and the calories are about 100 less per coffee! I had 2 coffees yesterday!

I made a coffee mug for Rodger yesterday using my Cricut. I can’t share it on here as it’s got swearing on it. I sent a picture to Jasmyne and she has asked me to make 2 for 15.00 each. I had told her 10.00, she told me it wasn’t enough! Funnily enough, Rodger was joking with me yesterday and told me to get to work making stuff to sell with it. He said “I didn’t buy you that for Christmas to enjoy, it’s to work with”. I laughed at him as I knew he was joking, but told him if that was his reasoning he made a mistake!

I finally had a payment from EI show up, only one week, but I paid a car payment that is overdue. I need to go buy a gift for Rodg for his birthday on Friday. I will make him a card today too.

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Prenatal and Met :)
    2. Water - 3 by noon, another 3 after, 2 at home :)
    3. Eat packed lunch :)
    4. Log all food :)
    5. Cook dinner at home :)
    6. Pay bills; cable, student loan, propane :)
    7. Be kind - dont take people crap personally :)
    8. 10 squats/bathroom trip :)
    9. 10 minutes yoga/meditation :)
    10. Bed by 9:30 >:)

JFT Tues AM
    1. Smoothie :)
    2. Fish Oil :)
    3. Up by 7 >:)

JFT Tues
    1. Log all food
    2. Prenatal and Met :)
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Eat 3PM snack
    5. Cook dinner at home: Chicken Stirfry (Make extra rice for lunches)
    6. Put away laundry
    7. 10 Wall push ups/bathroom trip
    8. 3 Waters before noon/3 after/2 at home
    9. 10 minutes meditation
    10. Apply skin medication
    11. Bed by 9:30
    12. Pick up a bag of pellets

Weds AM
    1. Up by 7:30 (or earlier - maybe I'm sleeping too much?)
    2. Smoothie
    3. Fish oil
    4. Pack lunches
  • AJB1014
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 I'm sorry your chest is still bothering you! I have costochondroidititis flare ups every now and then - the docs originally prescribed me muscle relaxers, but apparently they think I'm "drug seeking" cause they wont prescribe them again. So I use a hot pack and then ice when it happens and it helps a bit - and I've found naproxen to help more than ibuprofen or other pain relievers. Hope it starts feeling better soon!
  • AJB1014
    Options
    https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/253157/weeknight-crack-slaw/

Here's my recipe for the week. Its one of my favorite easy weeknight meals. Can be made with beef, pork, chicken, turkey - whatever! I usually do unsweetened applesauce (1/4 cup) instead of the sweetener, and sriracha instead of the cholula. I also double the amount of coleslaw mix called for and add a whole 16 oz bag - it cooks down a lot. I dont do any transferring of meat; just cook the meat, drain the fat, throw in the veg til its a bit wilted then sauce it up and cook another few minutes. I serve over rice since I'm not strictly low carb. Dinners done in 15 minutes. I'm not a huge egg roll fan but I could eat this regularly and not complain!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/253157/weeknight-crack-slaw/

Here's my recipe for the week. Its one of my favorite easy weeknight meals. Can be made with beef, pork, chicken, turkey - whatever! I usually do unsweetened applesauce (1/4 cup) instead of the sweetener, and sriracha instead of the cholula. I also double the amount of coleslaw mix called for and add a whole 16 oz bag - it cooks down a lot. I dont do any transferring of meat; just cook the meat, drain the fat, throw in the veg til its a bit wilted then sauce it up and cook another few minutes. I serve over rice since I'm not strictly low carb. Dinners done in 15 minutes. I'm not a huge egg roll fan but I could eat this regularly and not complain!

Thank You!!! It sounds fantastic. I'm getting ground turkey for a zoodle recipe and I'll pick up extra.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Man, has JFT been active lately... 46 new posts since I looked yesterday. Again, I'll catch up later, for now recapping yesterday, and posting JFT.

I have been struggling this week, with work crap (new micro-management form to complete daily & submit weekly, oh joy), trying to do too much, leading to lack of sleep (I miss my vacation hours), which leads to tiredness & bad eating, and gloomy, crappy winter weather meaning my workouts are treadmill & indoors instead of walk dog 3-4 miles ~ sad dog and very sad me. I feel like my mojo is trying to come back, so hoping it does, and sticks.

Recap M 1/7 ~ Weather is really crappy & gloomy ~ snow started overnight & temps warmed so now we are getting rain on top, which makes a slushy mess. I'd rather have snow! Wind & sleet hitting windows this morning woke me up, since I kept banging the snooze alarm off. No workout. :s
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings = Fitbit 9,385 steps, 250+ 12/14 & 29 floors :neutral:
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories zero / 14c water = Had hoped my meal plan was sufficient, but arrived home late then fed Kitty and dog and myself. Tiredness and frustration over work and thinking of to-do list resulted in emotional eating (and def not the healthy stuff in the house). Net calories -864 >:) , sodium -1,572 :s , sugar -22 :s , fiber good (yay), protein excellent (yay) & 14c water (yay)
    3) Send car ins docs to HRD-Ins :smiley: / prep/send initiation memo for PA-TCO :# nope ~ learned this PA has to be postponed (no one thought to tell me again ~ typical mgmt communications >:) ) so started prep for another PA / prep for next audit no time
    4) Leave office 5-10 min. early / hair appt. :smiley: thatch has been tamed / on way home, buy ingredients for fruit salad :smiley: finally home at 7:30 / prep dish for Tues. office food day (co-worker's belated b-day since she is a Christmas baby) :smiley: done at 9:15 ~ new fruit salad recipe is a keeper / pack more Christmas decorations tired & too late
    5) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :s / retainers :s / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:15 :s late again (treadmill before work T)

JFT T 1/8 ~ Another morning when I skipped my workout and reset the alarm :s
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings
    2) Food day in office ~ at this workplace, unfortunately, we all gather in conference room & eat together, not the help-yourself-eat-at-your-desk-and-work style I'm used to. Lots of high calorie choices so I ate very sparingly, left most choices untouched, only stuff I really wanted, and logged / usual meals & leftovers for supper / net calories w/i 100 of zero / 14c water
    3) Evening: laundry / maybe workout video? / maybe pack more Christmas decorations & store? / other?
    4) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / set/verify early alarm, BED & TV OFF 10:15 (treadmill before work W)
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    @AJB1014 Recipe looks great, I'm going to try ~ and thanks for the prep tips... I hate transferring pots, the simpler the better for me.

I'm sharing a fruit salad recipe I made for the first time for today's office food day. Got good reviews from co-workers, and I love it. No heavy a/k/a fattening dressing.

https://therecipecritic.com/best-winter-fruit-salad/?fbclid=IwAR1PBjIGc6nu9QFm8f8E4MnbJnRONM0JvK461TSjNf9-T375q9Ku_hltsCk
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Cat back at vets. Sat there blubbing in car this am in their car park whilst waited for vet to open. So worried and prayed mightily for him over weekend. Vet today not sure but bloods not showing anything dreadful and she couldn’t feel hard lump so praying this is a case of bad constipation after all and he will be fine. He’s admitted and will get an ultrasound and hope that will tell me he’s just needing a rinse out of his digestive system! He’s so precious to me.

Have been good and not eaten which I would normally do as comfort eating for all this stress.

Hoping for the best for your kitty! Mine is going in this week as he's losing weight and we're not sure why. He's the happiest cat ever and hasn't been acting weird so we're at a loss. He hasn't been eating his dry food either (whereas he cleaned the bowl completely just last week) so we've been giving him wet food which he's scarfing. I'm hoping he's just being a picky old man.

Hang in there! Pets are like kids I swear! <3

Thank you fir kind words. Good news he has no life threatening problem but he’s still a bit under weather. Waiting for more test results but they think it might be an infection so will give antibiotics once they know for sure from tests. He’s eating but just not quiet How is your kitty? Any better? How old is he? Mine’s 16 so he is so part of my life - as you say they are like children. ❤️.
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options

JFT
    Avoid bread
    Drink water - even a drop!
    Do devotional
    Do timesheet for work
  • jaysgirl092516
    jaysgirl092516 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    2019 Goals:
    1) quit smoking
    2) healthy eating
    3) exercise 3x week
    4) lose 20 lbs by the end of May
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 - I've never missed the hoopla, to be honest. Maybe it's because we're both close with our families, and we make the effort to get together even with extended family relatively regularly - two or three times a year. So at the reception we went around and said hi to everyone and talked a little bit... and then we left! hahaha I think we spent MAYBE an hour at the reception before heading out for our honeymoon. I think our parents took care of getting everything packed up and cleaned out for us.

We spent a few days post-Christmas with my side of the family and my flower girls are now in college. They're SO HUGE! I can still see their little faces inside their big faces... I remember when I was pulling on my crinoline and one of them asked me "are you a ballewina?" ;D
  • pam46815
    pam46815 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi there, my name is Pam and I'm from Indiana. I don't usually make New Year's resolutions, but this year I am making goals. I love this idea of Just for Today! My goals for today are:
    1. Drink a bottle of water every hour after noon.
    2. Track all my food in MFP
    3. Do not eat anything after 8:00 P.M.
    4. Do at least one load of laundry
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 8 January
    Not a good start to the day as I turned my alarm off and went back to sleep! No time to post goals in the morning; if I had there would have been a whole lot of grumbly faces as I did not exercise or meet my water goals but I have logged, am in the green and have managed the 5 fruit and veg. Tomorrow will be better! I love the words for the year and I am trying to decide on mine. Going to sleep now as I think I was awake more than I slept last night. May we have the strength to face the challenges that tomorrow will bring.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    @slittlemeister Your word savour had me finding a quote :) And look what popped up---one of your words for the year!
    wbcb4kawsr19.png

That's exactly what I'm aiming for!

The Beck Diet Solution made me realise I need to make this a priority. She talks about how if you eat slowly and really pay attention to each bite, you will enjoy your food more and therefore be satisfied with less (as you'll be getting the same enjoyment as you would with a large meal eaten quickly).

When I've tried this I've really found it to be true. I ate lasagne yesterday and really noticed how lovely the flavours were which is something I don't normally notice. It made the meal really fulfilling even though it was a fairly small portion.

The challenge is.... Doing it all the time when my lifetime habit is to speed eat!

So, that's the big goal for this year.

There is actually a Mindful eating pack on the Headspace meditation app I use. I will try that soon and report back if it's helpful!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    This year is popping like popcorn on here. Can't keep up with the posts, newbies,
    and goals. Wow!!! I LOVE IT! WE ARE OFF AND RUNNING. HUGS AND PRAYERS FOR
    ALL THE LIFE CHANGES AND STRUGGLES.

JFT
    Got my own upcoming life changes... Talked to my daughters to prepare them😀
    Stay in the Green 😀
    Read at least one chapter/library book 😀🙌 ... Read 3
    Confess POSITIVE WORDS 😀
    Lower WO 😀

JFT Tuesday
    Out by 4:30 a.m. to get husband to work
    Back by 5:15 to exercise for a quick 10 minutes
    Ready by 7:30
    Daughter has appointment need to be done by 1:00 p.m.
    Pick up husband by 3:00 p.m.
    Finish by 7 for prayer service
    Bed by 10

Forgive me Mary, but I thought you were single, sounds like you have lots going on!

No. He and I have been separated for 9 years... I live with my sister who's six years
    older than myself. He cheated on me with another woman. He lives in an
    apartment where this woman comes and sexes him. He and she are an interracial pair.
    He can't make up his mind if he's going to be with her or someone else.
    I haven't been able to work and he doesn't make enough money to spare to
    get divorce papers...it's slightly complicated. Needless to say, here, until papers are
    signed, we're still married. Crazy, but I have no bitterness towards him. No need.
    He just stopped wanting me. Enough of that. Girrrrl my life is one big crazy pile of
    poo... LMBO😂😂😂
    SO... NO PITY PARTIES HERE LADIES. I helped my mom and the sister I live with through
    their cancer. I've lived through Gangrene in my stomach, struck by lightning on my right side,
    5 car accidents that I didn't cause... I'm FINE! I'm still here to fight, laugh, cry help others
    another day.
    Hot Dang! And that was the short version...😂😂😂😂

Hoooooold on back up back up!!
    you got struck by lightning?!?
    what on earth was that like? thought something like that would kill you!!
    and gangrene in your stomach?! Oh Mary! how did that happen!!

there isn't anything that can get you down!
    I truly admire your positivity and optimism!