Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• ksales507
    ksales507 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies - I’m new to MFP. My biggest frustration is that losing weight for me now is soooooo much slower and harder than when I was younger with more free time. The challenge of sticking with a program with the duration and discipline needed to see any results while juggling all the other demands of life is daunting. But I’m gonna try! If you’re in the same boat, I’d love to add friends here and help keep each other on track. Happy Tuesday!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    winodini wrote: »
    Is anyone else juggling how to find time to workout around a job and kids? I’d much rather work out in the morning or early evening, but most nights it’s 7:30-9pm before I can get free. I feel like I spend all day trying to stay motivated to get to that point; I had to push hard last night to do 30 minutes at home after talking myself out of going to the gym for “XYZ” reasons that were not a reason to skip and feeling guilty for the lack of will. 👊🏻

It’s much harder the younger the kids. My kids are old enough to get themselves up and out the door so I leave at 5:30am to go to the gym and get to work by 8ish.
  • sweetnic
    sweetnic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else juggling how to find time to workout around a job and kids? I’d much rather work out in the morning or early evening, but most nights it’s 7:30-9pm before I can get free. I feel like I spend all day trying to stay motivated to get to that point; I had to push hard last night to do 30 minutes at home after talking myself out of going to the gym for “XYZ” reasons that were not a reason to skip and feeling guilty for the lack of will. 👊🏻

That is a struggle for me as well. Last year a friend motivated me to go to the gym with her at 5:00 am every weekday. It was nice, but I was in bed asleep many nights by 8:00 (my kids would tuck me in! Lol!). Then my oldest started high school this September and I couldn’t get home to make sure she got up (there have only been a handful of times she’s turned her alarm off, but we live 30 minutes from the school - she’s gotta get on the bus!). So now I am trying to get a walk in midday. I need to find a good workout on tv to push me a little more than walking.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options

I have a desk job. So every 1-1.5 hours, I make myself go fo a 5 minute walk if my workload permits it. I also mapped out a 1 mile walk both indoors and outdoors. I do that on my lunch break and eat at my desk. I try to throw in 12 body weight exercises a few times per day. Not much but it’s a start.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »

I have a desk job. So every 1-1.5 hours, I make myself go fo a 5 minute walk if my workload permits it. I also mapped out a 1 mile walk both indoors and outdoors. I do that on my lunch break and eat at my desk. I try to throw in 12 body weight exercises a few times per day. Not much but it’s a start.

I'm a desk jockey too...LOL
    That's a GREAT start!!! I used to and still do go outside and walk.
    I fortunately don't have any kids at home to hinder my workouts.
    Typically I would get up @ 5:00 am and get myself to the gym for workouts. Since the cold winter has set in and I don't like getting out that early because it's freezing, I will do some Zumba and some strength training. Hubby bought me a Nordic Flex for my birthday last November and I love it! I have even thought of looking up some yoga on You Tube, but haven't made it that far:)
  • vickimcdonald73
    vickimcdonald73 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Im 46 and have about 20lbs (10 kg) to lose.
    I'm a human yo-yo losing and gaining the same 10kg over and over and over again 🤪
    Its definitely getting harder as I age .. I'd love to become friends with others who can help keep me motivated 💗
  • dblst10
    dblst10 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Have the weekend is over and I am managing to keep things under control. My husband wants to go vegetarian but the kids and I are not on board. So we compromised and are having meatless Saturdays. Today was our first and I’m having trouble figuring out meals that are healthy and all will eat. Dinner is going to be a frozen meatless meal for me. The kids are having bean and cheese burritos and my husband is doing his usual beans and rice. Not a great start but at least we all did it!

• Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    t99ys9gfxpzo.jpg
    A little humor for Hump Day :)
    I hope you ladies have a fantastic day, keep reaching for the stars!!
  • winodini
    winodini Posts: 135 Member
    Options

Desk job too! I found that my Fitbit prompts for 250 steps per hour and it helps me get up and move more frequently since setting it up for the prompts!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    mtilhlaiyx9b.png
    Good Morning Lovely Ladies, we are one day closer to the weekend :):)
    I hope you all have a Terrific Thursday!!!!
  • cscibior
    cscibior Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m 42 and looking to re-lose about 40lbs. I can’t believe I have to do this again!! This time is for keeps tho! No going back! Please add me!! 😃
  • edwardsc60
    edwardsc60 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am 41 with 21lb to lose. I have a small kid who spoils my keep fit efforts and a dog who makes them! Feel free to add me!
  • cscibior
    cscibior Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im 46 and have about 20lbs (10 kg) to lose.
    I'm a human yo-yo losing and gaining the same 10kg over and over and over again 🤪
    Its definitely getting harder as I age .. I'd love to become friends with others who can help keep me motivated 💗

Vickimcdonald - I feel your pain!
  • lesadances
    lesadances Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I turned 40 this summer and have about 30 to 40 pounds to lose.
  • SusanArmyStrongMomOfTwo
    Options
    Hi everybody! I'm new...started almost 2 weeks ago. Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • sweetnic
    sweetnic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Made it to the gym this evening and felt so motivated!

Great job!!
  • winodini
    winodini Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    sweetnic wrote: »

Great job!!

Thank you! It’s been a busy week with kid school activities so I was very glad I committed and didn’t talk myself into not going. It’s s struggle! My kids lead busier lives than I and I’m just a tagalong haha!
  • dblst10
    dblst10 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Finally Friday! I’ll do better this weekend than I did last weekend with eating regularly! Right?!?!?!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    sweetnic wrote: »

Great job!!

Thank you! It’s been a busy week with kid school activities so I was very glad I committed and didn’t talk myself into not going. It’s s struggle! My kids lead busier lives than I and I’m just a tagalong haha!

I remember those days...LOL