Options
    JFT, Wed
    1. log all food :/
    2. get to the gym :)
    3. work on business taxes :/
    4. finish up on inventory list for taxes .. so hubby can do his part :/
    5. concentrate on drinking water :/
    6. concentrate on mindful, slow eating :/

Not my best day :'( Yesterday I went to the gym, and because my friend made me feel so bad, I went water walking with her in the evening ... even though I was so tired. I was glad I did go though ... as I was able to really talk with my friend, and I think she now understands how I feel. But ... today ... I went to the gym in the morning, and the rest of the day, I was totally exhausted. After breakfast I layed down, hoping to revive my energy so I could get some work done. But I was just exhausted all day long! I had a few errands to run, and phone calls to make, so I got some things done, but I think the cold weather is contributing. Both hubby and I notice when there is a big weather change we both feel more tired (Not sure if this is because we are getting older, or what!!). So tonite, I told my friend I was not going with her to do the water walking, and she was very nice about it, so I was happy about that.

But then hubby... who was also super tired all day, wanted me to get a box of ice cream when I went to the grocery store with my daughter. I could have ignored what he wanted ... I could have used discipline .... but I didn't. I caved, and had a huge bowl of ice cream.

but ... tomorrow will be a new day, and as much exercise as I have been doing this week, I am hoping I will be OK when I weigh on monday. But I have to reframe my thinking ... in that today was my decision, my choice. So I am not going to beat myself up, I am not going to say I am off the diet, or that I cheated. It was just a decision I made today. And tomorrow my choice is going to be to eat lighter meals, eat healthy meals, and make the decision to follow my diet.

JFT, THurs
    1. go to the gym
    2. planning on going water walking ... so hoping I will have enough energy
    3. log ALL food
    4. mindful eating
    5. make wise choices
    6. use discipline to only eat what I have planned
    7. concentrate on water challenge!! 8+ glasses water

WORD for this year: Discipline

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    Excellent day yesterday - had two big NSVs. As well as the one below, I also spent two hours in a meeting yesterday with pastries in front of me and did not take one. Yes, I had already had a pastry for breakfast which probably helped. But I still take that as a big win.

Great job!!!!! I can see you are using all the things you are learning in the Beck Diet book... so proud of you!!!! Keep it up ... you are SO close to your goal weight!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    1) still not smoking (day 8)

NEW GOAL
    5) I MUST CUTOUT THE UNHEALTHY BEDTIME SNACK!!!!

GREAT JOB with quitting smoking!! I have never smoked, but I admire so much the ones that quit ... I know from family members how hard that is to do. But it is so worth it .... so keep going!!
    and I have to add your goal of the bedtime snacks!! That is when I do the most damage. I have to remember what I used to do ... and that was to brush and floss my teeth after dinner. When I remembered to do that it worked... so I need to do this. But .. you are not alone in that goal!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Wow lots going on - so hard to keep up! @bex953172 - you have had a shocking start to the year and something had to give. Give yourself a break. Keeping it small is a great strategy - the worst thing you can do after a binge is restrict too much and then end up in a cycle. Take it from someone who has learnt the hard way! 😬
    @HEGoddard0928 - so sorry about your MIL but it sounds like good news otherwise. You deserve it - happy for you!
    @AJB1014 - woohoo to the dress progress! So exciting!
    @slittlemeister - lol at the cheese locker! I need something similar for the kids’ snack cupboard!
    @snowflake1968 - that weight uptick could be a fluctuation and it’s only small. Don’t stress - keep on keeping on and it will show on the scale. Hugs
    @maryrobinson40 - great willpower! You’ve got this!
    @toaljasa - thank you for all your insight. Everyone’s words for the year are very inspiring.

A few others I’ve missed - @cschmitz110515 @mytime6630 @Sofia_Alegria and everyone else - waves, hugs, high fives to you all. I know lots of us are struggling with the return to it all after Christmas and the poor weather. I keep reminding myself of that quote that it annoying but true - July bodies are made in January. If we can keep at it through these rough months, where will we be by summer?
  • mytime6630
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    JFT, 1/9/2019
    Word: Discipline

Operation Red Cup (I am rocking this since I got out my handy dandy glass!)
    Enter my anticiapated meals in to MFP before eating
    Complete Day 3 of sugar detox
    Dreadmill
    Write 1 letter

Peace and joy!

Another goal I need to do... the sugar detox!And great job with the operation red cup!! I need to get with it myself!
  • mytime6630
    Options

Life has just been crazy this year! My MIL isn't doing well and we don't know how much longer we will have her. Matt is sad but he is ready for her to not suffer anymore.
    The DH got cleared from his Doc to go back to work. He can go back as soon as Monday.

So sorry to hear about your MIL. It is hard to see someone suffer, and hard to say goodbye. Hugs to you both
    And so happy to hear the news about your DH! Great way to start the new year for him.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Recap on yesterday:

Goals for Wednesday:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Pack lunch/snacks etc ✅
    - Sign legal paperwork - post on way to work ✅
    - Water! ✅
    - Load car with donations for school ✅
    - Run home at lunchtime to pick up car ✅
    - Afternoon planning time - work on M lesson plans too and assembly script ❎ not enough time for both 🙁
    - Contact kids’ piano teacher ✅
    - Consent for P school trip ✅
    - Online grocery shop ✅
    - Stay mindful- re-read 2019 goals ✅
    - Early night ✅

Goals for Thursday
    - morning workout
    - Finish planning
    - Check in with watch place and lawyer
    - Email L party invite
    - Reply to A party invite
    - Water!
    - Book yoga
    - Stay mindful - re-read 2019 goals
    - Early night

Have a great day everyone x
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Thursday 10 January

Walk before work
    Meet Fitbit goals
    Accurately log
    Stay in the green
    January water challenge
    Start planning for April work project
    Plan meal for Friday

Remember today is Thursday not Friday - this feels like a long week!
  • Lastchancetochange
    Lastchancetochange Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    5th day in a row being a good boy ( 40 years old ). Lost 4.5 kilos( 10 pounds ) since sunday, but normal as I was in mega fattening diet. Yesterday I didn't do sport, I needed a rest. Today Golf Class and Spinning session in peloton planned. One day at a time.

Tomorrow comes my very big first challenge, first business trip ahead....Yikes.
  • Lastchancetochange
    Options
    pam46815 wrote: »
    How do I post a reply on someone's post?

Press the quote button
  • Lastchancetochange
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    dbltj4fexhbj.png

Welp, it's day 9 of the rest of your life! How y'all doin? This is such a great place to be motivated. I'm grateful to belong to a group of gals who share the victories as well as take time to encourage others to keep going, not give up and to get back on track with a kick in the tushy when needed!

But for all that motivation, it still comes down to me, myself, and I. No one can lose my weight except me. No one can get on that treadmill and burn calories, except me. No one can stay away from the chocolate for me, except me. I have to be the one who chooses to not allow feelings to control me. It's on me. I have to CHOOSE to do it, in order to be successful.

So, while motivation is a great tool, in the end, I must have self-discipline. Motivation is generally an outward source. And its aim is to get you emotionally riled up to do what you need to do. Even when I am self-motivated, I am talking myself into doing what is right.

But self-discipline comes from within. It is what is going to get us out of bed in the morning to exercise. It is going to be what will make us close the pantry door at 8:30pm. It has to be practiced and honed and executed over and over...even when motivation is nowhere to be found. And then results come: that thinner waist, tidier home, firmer arms, bigger savings account!

And THAT is what has been rolling around in my head today!
    Peace and joy!
    bpx3uguvx07x.png

So true, it helps though this community. I have 2 different social atmospheres, the family who is all unhealthy eating and the friends who are the opposite, all super in shape and not very tolerant with friends not drinking, eating, etc...but the reality they are always in diet except when they are out. So point is I don't have many people with whom to share my progress and opinions and here I feel safe and understood.
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Wednesday
    1. Log all food 👍
    2. Drink 150oz water👍
    3. Do workout when I get home👎 I was going to and I honestly just forgot
    4. Only 1 healthy snack after dinner 👍

JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Go to gym even though have meeting during my normal gym class time
    4. Meditate twice
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,071 Member
    Options
    oh my God. I had a dream last night that I responded to you all.. in detail like full paragraphs!
    and the reality is... that didnt actually happen LOL
    so does that technically mean i have to do it again? 😑

no goals today, will explain later (its nothing bad though)
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 LOL Bex! I'm not sure if I'm giggling because of what you wrote above, or the fact that you actually had a dream about this forum. Either way, you gave me a good morning chuckle, thanks!

JFY (Wednesday, 1/9/19)
    1. Log all my food :)
    2. Shovel the driveway :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake :)
    4. Drink 8 glasses of water before having my Diet Coke :)

JFT (Thursday, 1/10/19)
    1. Log all my food
    2. Shovel the driveway
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake
    4. Drink 8 glasses of water before having my Diet Coke
    5. Go to the gym
  • alexhayg
    alexhayg Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday 10th January

Full of cold so need to make sure I don't fall off my healthy lifestyle just because I feel rotten.

- Remember that good nutritious food will make me feel better
    - Plan my evening meal so I am less likely to eat what is 'easy' rather that what is good for me
    - Drink healthy teas instead of coffee
    - Drink plenty of water
  • Fitatelo
    Fitatelo Posts: 180 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    January 9th:
    -Get to the gym 👍
    -Stay in the green 👍
    -Walk 30 mins 👍
    -Iron 👎
    -Find new healthy recipes 👎

January 10th:
    -Get to the gym
    -Stay in the green
    -Walk 30 mins
    -4 mins of planks
    -Find new healthy recipes
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Duo. Take shoes.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Matilda to 604. Cans in bag; take to car.
    3. Class 1-2: Touch on WLGs. Grammar practice: Infinitives. Notes: Characterization. Read "Initiation." HW: Quotes; inf phrases. Hand out extension letters.
    4. Planning: A - Update unit 1 plans and print. B - Call parents. C - Two discussion comments. Meet with J in 802. New Jim Crow 49-96. Blog post. Visit B. Check on PF classroom?
    5. Class 4: Touch on WLGs. Finish story. Grammar practice: Pl nouns 2. Notes: plot structure, highlighting conflict. HW: Quotes; caps I and plural nouns.
    6. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Strength 4:30. Put the rest of the laundry away. Prep cheese. Cook rice. Prep saag portions.
    8. Quiz. Update Goodreads Friday. Write out References for reflection essay.
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Thu lunch: Beef stew. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00; alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Thursday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM. Duo. Take J work.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Matilda to 604. Update contact list for 4th block. VITAL: CHECK ON LAPTOPS.
    3. Class 1-2: Touch on WLGs. Subject/object pronouns. Notes on dialogue formatting. Characterization work. HW: Challenge book choices 1.
    4. Planning: A - Update unit 1 plans and print. B - Discussion comments. C - Two discussion comments. Meet with J in 802. New Jim Crow 49-96. Blog post. Visit B. Check on PF classroom.
    5. Class 4: Touch on WLGs. Grammar review: infinitives. Notes: plot structure, highlighting conflict. Finish MDG HW: Good story; infinitives.
    6. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Zumba 5:30. Put the rest of the laundry away. Prep cheese. Cook rice. Prep saag portions.
    8. Quiz. Update Goodreads Friday. Write out References for reflection essay.
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Fri lunch: Saag. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00; alarm set for 5:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    Today: 191.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Regular: needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    3. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Take recycling to center. Wash car.
    8. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, Harvey Mansfield, or Robert Adams). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.

Word for the Year: CLIMBING. Yesterday felt more like scrambling. I went to bed a little early but then I woke up at 2 and haven't been able to get back to sleep. I'm going to TRY to get in a little bit more before I have to get up again and head to school. :(

I did have this typed before 7, but forgot to hit 'post.' Ah well. I don't think I actually got any more sleep, but I did rest some.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Weds
    1. Met and Prenatal :)
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Eat packed lunch :)
    4. Eat 3 PM snack :)
    5. Cook dinner at home :)
    6. 3 waters before noon/3 after/1 at home :)
    7. Apply skin medication :)
    8. 10 minute meditation :)
    9. Bed by 9:30 :)
    10. 15 squats/bathroom trip :)

JFT Thurs AM
    1. Up by 7 :| 7:20
    2. Smoothie :)
    3. Fish Oil :)

JFT Thurs
    1. Met and Prenatal
    2. Log all food
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Eat 3 PM snack
    5. Cook dinner at home
    6. 3 waters before noon/3 after/1 at home
    7. Wish dad happy birthday
    8. 10 minute meditation
    9. Bed by 9:30
    10. 10 wall push ups/bathroom trip

JFT Fri AM
    1. Up by 7
    2. Smoothie
    3. Fish Oil
  • Lastchancetochange
    Options
    alexhayg wrote: »
    JFT - Thursday 10th January

Full of cold so need to make sure I don't fall off my healthy lifestyle just because I feel rotten.

- Remember that good nutritious food will make me feel better
    - Plan my evening meal so I am less likely to eat what is 'easy' rather that what is good for me
    - Drink healthy teas instead of coffee
    - Drink plenty of water

Meds aside, a tea of fresh ginger ( just boiling water and a root ginger ) makes me feel much better.