"Snack-sized" McFlurrys can kiss my.....

Options
13»

Replies

• HangoverSquare
    HangoverSquare Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Well, you're still looking awesome, so no worries.

It is sort of misleading, though. But, then again, it is McDonalds. :P
  • katie_rn
    katie_rn Posts: 40
    Options
    That sucks when guilt ruins a treat that you didnt expect to be so bad, especially when it wasnt as good as you hoped. Just try to let it go tho, fast food is soooo hard to order anything. At least you didnt get a bigmac with it ;)
  • chris6515
    chris6515 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I eat fast food regularly. In part because I travel constantly and in part because I work with a number of fast food restaurants and some of the managers take it personally when I pack a lunch... anyway...

McDonald's is tough. Some of their breakfast items I can make work for me, but I can't do any other meals. They're just so high calorie... I expect high sodium, fat, and cholesterol... it's fast food, but they're soooo high.

Have you tried their Asian Chicken Salad? Very good; I use about half of the ginger dressing it comes with. Snack wraps with grilled chicken aren't too bad. But these two things and their oatmeal and coffee are about the only things I buy there.
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    I really love Rolos and the Rolo McFlurry was DEEEEELICIOUS. We actually have the calories posted on menus now, but I wanted it so I had it. It's hard to pass it up some days, because I know what I am missing, but I figure one day I will have calories and carbs left at the end of the day and since we have 24 hour McDonald's close by, I go splurge. LOL.

However, I know the frustration and anger over thinking that you are making a less than healthy choice, but think you are mitigating the effects, only to find out it was STILL a really rough item to add to your log!!!!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breath and stop worrying about today. Tomorrow will be better.

I always worry about calories eating out. I don't do the fast food thing very often either, but I've gone onto the various websites and glanced at the calories listed so I'll be moderately prepared. I know, a bit obsessive, but I got hit hard with a 900 calorie fish sandwich at Friendlys. Never again....
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I was looking up cheeseburgers at fast food places, some were 1100 plus. I almost died, but it did make realize that I never want fast food again!
    i have seen this to i mean why are they so high in calories if you make it at home it isnt that bad?
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    So the other sde of this coin is: Sheetz and Rutters (Pennsylvania) and maybe other convenience stores have F'Real shake machines. These yummy yummies are high in calories, but definitely worth it!

The one I had last night was a chocolate peanut butter Reese's milkshake! 640 calories for a decent size and YUM! My friend had a chocolate which was only 580 calories and YUM!

Try them when you're in the need for ice cream / snack / shake... they won't disappoint!
  • hannalee317
    Options
    Thanks for the warning!
  • HangoverSquare
    HangoverSquare Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    On the subject of calories and eating out, I went to Red Lobster last night and ate a 610 calorie meal (or something around that range), and was full for the whole night. It's nice to know that restaurants are offering meals like that. Makes me not feel so bad about treating myself. :P
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    i did this thinking i was going to get the family tacos they wanted because i was working and didnt get home in time to cook, I got tacos for everyone but i got the mexican pizza because it was small and innocent looking, flat torital and a little hamburgar and cheese i thought that might be at the worst 300 or so but when i got on mfp it was 550 calories and i was straving the rest of the day i ate up alot of veggies that day because i was so hungry!!! It wouldnt have been so bad but i had ate a lunch that was equily small and equaly bad lol I had to do some exercise then and it was to be a rest day. what a bummer!!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! Yes, we burn calories having to unwrap each one. :-D Eating a pack of Rolos would have been sooo much better, and fewer calories. It was not very good I'm afraid. I also saw that DQ has Nutter Butter Blizzards right now. Holy. CRAP.

OMG i lurv nutter butters.
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    chocolate covered caramel from end-to-end.....mmmmmmmm

do i get credit for having to unwrap them individually?
    Hahaha! Yes, we burn calories having to unwrap each one. :-D Eating a pack of Rolos would have been sooo much better, and fewer calories. It was not very good I'm afraid. I also saw that DQ has Nutter Butter Blizzards right now. Holy. CRAP.

The only good thing about this is I don't know were a DQ is...and it's in the next town 40 mins away! lol
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    For the same amount of calories, I can get a small birthday cake remix at ColdStone...worth it doesn't even come close...yum!!!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    For the same amount of calories, I can get a small birthday cake remix at ColdStone...worth it doesn't even come close...yum!!!
    Oh my gosh, I used to LOVE Birthday Cake Remix. That was my favorite!! Unfortunately, there is no treat out there that I could eat after knowing it's 540 calories. That's an entire hour of hard core spin class, and I'm done eating it in 5-7 minutes. Just. Not. Worth it. To me anyway. I just can't!
  • hennasaunt
    Options
    Hey girl - don't beat yourself up. I'm right there with you. Lunch out with a friend I don't see often and felt I "deserved" something decadent -- like onion rings. What makes one feel like they "deserve" something. It wasn't like I was stressed or anything -- was actually having a good time. But somewhere in the back of my mind when I knew I was going out for lunch I knew I'd be cheating.....

But tomorrow is another day and the start of another week. I'm aiming to be good.....
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Check out the caloric stats of the DQ Blizzards.....OMG!!!!!!:noway: