Goals!! Woot!
    January -10lbs +run 10min mile
    February -10lbs +run 9min mile
    March -10lbs +run 8min mile
    April -10lbs +run 7min mile

#shehulk
  • hillarysmith0529
    hillarysmith0529 Posts: 43 Member
    Continue to build lean muscle and decrease body fat. Strengthen my core and build up my glutes. I want to get in the best shape possible before we decide to have baby #2! 💪
  • garystrickland357
    garystrickland357 Posts: 598 Member
    I found a new one I’m excited about. Texas has the Hotter’n Hell 100 ride in Waco, Tx each August. It’s one of the largest rides in the country.

This year they are adding a new event - the Chupacabra 200. You ride either the 100 mile or 100K road ride starting at 7:00AM, then ride a 100K gravel ride starting at 7:00PM the same day.

This sounds like a hoot. I’m in...
  • thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    I found a new one I’m excited about. Texas has the Hotter’n Hell 100 ride in Waco, Tx each August. It’s one of the largest rides in the country.

This year they are adding a new event - the Chupacabra 200. You ride either the 100 mile or 100K road ride starting at 7:00AM, then ride a 100K gravel ride starting at 7:00PM the same day.

This sounds like a hoot. I’m in...

That sounds amazing! I might add that to my 2020 goals.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    I find the older I get, my body seems to 'break down' a bit. I do train fairly hard for my age and the fact that I wasn't a high level athlete when young and I took two decades off first smoking then getting pretty fat. I'm in the best shape of my life and train an hour a day.

I have a lot going on in my life (moving X-Country this year, business is growing, mentoring many young people, etc). I'm just simplifying things -- two full body workouts with weights a week and working on going slow on my long, slow cardio days and hard on my two hard cardio days. In other words, working smarter and more polarized.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,022 Member
    I have a goal - hoping it is possible to achieve. My son is into heavy lifting. He teaches and competes in kettlebells. Last month he competed in one and came 2nd what he calls the 'fat old guy' level (he isn't fat and he's only 46). He also won the mace competition. When I was watching the videos of the competition, I noticed women who were fatter and older looking than me. I'm 68. So I asked him if it would be possible for me to compete in something like that. I need to have goals to movtivate me.

He told me there's the nationals at the end of April. I could compete in the 8kg (I think that's right) clean and jerk one arm long cycle. Apparently you just do whatever number of clean and jerks you can in the time allotted. Of course I wouldn't win but it would give me a goal.

I had a bad fall on New Years Eve but I'm all better now and we're going to go find me a competition kettlebell in the right weight this week. Then he'll start training me.

My other goals are to lose 40 lbs by November so I can get 80% of my money for the gym back via the Weight loss grant program. I've lost 10 already.

And my other big one is to take a trip to Spain and do the coles notes version of the el camino. In this trip, I only have to walk 5 to 10 k a day and it includes nice hotels, tours, and a bus rides to the major points in the tour.

But first, the kettlebell competition.

Just here to say: I think that's a very inspiring goal. You've not fallen prey to what someone around here called "a tyranny of low expectations" that applies in many circumstances, one of which is people of a certain age(s) setting excercise goals. (I'm 63, BTW.) Training sensibly to compete, not worrying about where you place, is a very realistic goal. Wishing you great enjoyment in the process!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    I'm an Equinox member - I want to meet new instructors and try new classes.
  • EnufAlready
    EnufAlready Posts: 77 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I have a goal - hoping it is possible to achieve. My son is into heavy lifting. He teaches and competes in kettlebells. Last month he competed in one and came 2nd what he calls the 'fat old guy' level (he isn't fat and he's only 46). He also won the mace competition. When I was watching the videos of the competition, I noticed women who were fatter and older looking than me. I'm 68. So I asked him if it would be possible for me to compete in something like that. I need to have goals to movtivate me.

He told me there's the nationals at the end of April. I could compete in the 8kg (I think that's right) clean and jerk one arm long cycle. Apparently you just do whatever number of clean and jerks you can in the time allotted. Of course I wouldn't win but it would give me a goal.

I had a bad fall on New Years Eve but I'm all better now and we're going to go find me a competition kettlebell in the right weight this week. Then he'll start training me.

My other goals are to lose 40 lbs by November so I can get 80% of my money for the gym back via the Weight loss grant program. I've lost 10 already.

And my other big one is to take a trip to Spain and do the coles notes version of the el camino. In this trip, I only have to walk 5 to 10 k a day and it includes nice hotels, tours, and a bus rides to the major points in the tour.

But first, the kettlebell competition.

Just here to say: I think that's a very inspiring goal. You've not fallen prey to what someone around here called "a tyranny of low expectations" that applies in many circumstances, one of which is people of a certain age(s) setting excercise goals. (I'm 63, BTW.) Training sensibly to compete, not worrying about where you place, is a very realistic goal. Wishing you great enjoyment in the process!

Thank you! Hopefully I`m off to find my pink competition standard kettlebell tomorrow.
  • KerrieA87
    KerrieA87 Posts: 167 Member
    I’m only working on monthly goals with a plan to make the following month a few days before it begins, I have a chronic illness so I can’t make plans too far ahead.

Jan goal is to run 31km over the course of the month. I’m at 20.2km at the moment, with a pb of 22.34 for 5km.
    To drink one glass of water each day.
    To make sure I take my meds each day (should be a no brainer but harder than you can imagine sometimes)
  • brocawk
    brocawk Posts: 2 Member
    Bench 405x1
    Squat 405x3x5
    Deadlift 495x1
    OHP 275x1
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    jackis54 wrote: »
    Bike my age in miles - did that until 2018 when an injury or two kind of derailed it(no pun intended). I have 2 multi-day bike trips coming in NZ in Feb and and indoor rowing race in CA in late Feb. I will have my first self-guided bike trip in the San Juan Islands probably at the end of August. That's all I have on deck at the moment.

That's what cyclists do on their birthdays. :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Half marathon in January ... I hope.

Right now, that's all I've got. These days it is hard to plan ahead.

I'd like to say I'll cycle a century later in the year, but ...

I'll add one ... to get back to climbing 20+ flights of stairs at least 4 days each week. I work in a 10-storey building, and can climb 10 flights in the morning, and 10 flights in the afternoon ... plus extras if I want. I did 20 flights today to see how it would go and felt all right with it. :)

And walk (or run or hike ... basically move by foot) more than last year.

These are my walking/running/hiking totals for the past few years ... so ... more than 1357.1 km in 2019 would be good.

2018 - 1357.1 km
    2017 - 1302.52 km
    2016 - 1133.02 km
    2015 - 1131.7 km

BTW - I'm not climbing very many flights of stairs yet. I only just got back to work this week, and I'm in a rest phase right now. But ... if I can move at all next week, I might climb a few.
  • Machka9
    To sum up ...

Half marathon in January ... Done!! :)

Gradually build up cycling distance ticking off milestone distances along the way. The goal behind this is to build a solid base for further long distances and events in 2020.
    50 km
    75 km
    100 km
    125 km
    160 km (100 miles)

Get back to climbing 20+ flights of stairs at least 4 days each week. I work in a 10-storey building, and can climb 10 flights in the morning, and 10 flights in the afternoon ... plus extras if I want.

Walk (or run or hike ... basically move by foot) more than last year.

These are my walking/running/hiking totals for the past few years ... so ... more than 1357.1 km in 2019 would be good.

2018 - 1357.1 km
    2017 - 1302.52 km
    2016 - 1133.02 km
    2015 - 1131.7 km

And build some upper body & core strength + improving flexibility.
  • fFinfan66
    fFinfan66 Posts: 50 Member
    Lose the 45lbs I’m carrying around.Enter food and exercise every day.Prove my cardiologist wrong!Change my lifestyle and health.
  • Machka9
    I've started walking a bit more and ........

We just purchased a rowing machine!!!! :grin: It arrives sometime next week.
  • kcjchang
    kcjchang Posts: 709 Member
    Midway. Only 2 more months until first double.a8a61h1wlt6z.jpg
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Small goal 2: do an unassisted chin up. I’d love to do a pull up, but I’m starting with the chin up bc I’m so close!

One goal for 2019 accomplished this week! Next goal: a set of 2+ chin ups.

And then...the pull-up. I can do one from standing (using my closet pull-up bar), but not from hanging.