Weight loss and exercise

Replies

• hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Open your food diary and experienced loggers that have successfully lost weight can give better advice. They've given you advice above but you dont seem to be listening. Start weighing everything before it goes into your mouth and logging it before you swallow it. You've eaten 250,000 more calories than you've burned to gain 75 lb. We can't help you stop eating too much. We can help you figure out how much to eat to lose and maintain a good weight. Your kids will be happier with a healthy mom that can teach them good eating habits.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    raysheka16 wrote: »
    I'm doing all of that and i only eat 1000 calories a day

How are you weighing and tracking your food?
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member

Please open your diary and we can see if we can spot any issues
  • raysheka16
    raysheka16 Posts: 33 Member
    earlnabby wrote: »

How do i open it
  • raysheka16

How are you weighing and tracking your food?

I use the app
  • raysheka16
    hroderick wrote: »
    Open your food diary and experienced loggers that have successfully lost weight can give better advice. They've given you advice above but you dont seem to be listening. Start weighing everything before it goes into your mouth and logging it before you swallow it. You've eaten 250,000 more calories than you've burned to gain 75 lb. We can't help you stop eating too much. We can help you figure out how much to eat to lose and maintain a good weight. Your kids will be happier with a healthy mom that can teach them good eating habits.

I do exactly that but at night i crave for sweets
  • raysheka16
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »

I am quite confident that you are eating more than 1000 calories a day because if that really were all you were eating you would be losing weight.

How are you measuring the amount of food you are eating?
    Are you using kitchen scales for all solids that you eat (including prepackaged foods)?
    Are you using cups and measuring spoons for all liquids consumed?
    Are you including the oil you use for cooking and the condiments you add to your meals?
    Are you checking your data that you have logged against places like the USDA website or the nutritional label on the package?
    Are you measuring your calories burned through exercise accurately and eating at least half of them back? (Many machines and apps overestimate calories burned)

If any of these give you an answer of no then it is time to tighten up on your logging so that you have better success.

I do measure my food but didn't know i should do oil and stuff like that
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    edited January 2019

I am quite confident that you are eating more than 1000 calories a day because if that really were all you were eating you would be losing weight.

Are you using kitchen scales for all solids that you eat (including prepackaged foods)?
    Are you including the oil you use for cooking and the condiments you add to your meals?
    Are you checking your data that you have logged against places like the USDA website or the nutritional label on the package?
    Are you measuring your calories burned through exercise accurately and eating at least half of them back? (Many machines and apps overestimate calories burned)

If any of these give you an answer of no then it is time to tighten up on your logging so that you have better success.

Definitely count it. Oil has about 120 calories per tablespoon. Pretty easy to consume a few hundred calories in oil alone per day if you use it often and aren't careful with the amount.
  • raysheka16

Definitely count it. Oil has about 120 calories per tablespoon. Pretty easy to consume a few hundred calories in oil alone per day if you use it often and aren't careful with the amount.

Oooh thanks i only use olive oil but i will add it
  • raysheka16
    earlnabby wrote: »

How do i open it

Its open now
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    I looked through your diary, and a lot of days don't even reach the 1000 calories you mentioned. Are you eating foods that you're not adding up?
    You don't necessarily have to add them to the diary, but you have to be honest with yourself to lose weight.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Just checked out your diary and you are not weighing all your food.

1 egg
    1 slice bread
    1 container of cottage cheese
    1 cake
    5 oz broiled lobster tail
    4 oz steamed shrimp
    1/3 cob corn
    4 chicken? wings

My guess is that the scales didn't come out to weigh any of those things when you should weigh them all. You should also never use homemade entries unless they are your own because you have no idea of how others have cooked them. You should also weigh all of your ingredients raw when possible as this is much more accurate.
    Packaged food can be out by quite a fair bit and 20 calories here and 15 calories there extra can add up over the course of the day. There are also no condiments added which means you are not logging all your food either.
  • raysheka16

1 egg
    1 slice bread
    1 cake
    4 oz steamed shrimp
    1/3 cob corn
    4 chicken? wings

My guess is that the scales didn't come out to weigh any of those things when you should weigh them all. You should also never use homemade entries unless they are your own because you have no idea of how others have cooked them. You should also weigh all of your ingredients raw when possible as this is much more accurate.
    Packaged food can be out by quite a fair bit and 20 calories here and 15 calories there extra can add up over the course of the day. There are also no condiments added which means you are not logging all your food either.

I cook my own food
  • raysheka16

1 egg
    1 slice bread
    1 cake
    4 oz steamed shrimp
    1/3 cob corn
    4 chicken? wings

And i dont know how the add my food then
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,470 Member

I beg to differ.

25su5w6dq2gj.jpg
  • Lillymoo01

1 egg
    1 slice bread
    1 cake
    4 oz steamed shrimp
    1/3 cob corn
    4 chicken? wings

I cook my own food

Do you use the recipe builder? Have a look at my food diary to get an idea of how meticulous I have been to lose weight and keep it off. Everything is weighed unless I am eating out. If I am cooking my own food the ingredients are all weighed raw and added as a recipe and then weighed again once cooked to work out serving sizes. Measuring cups and spoons are only ever used to liquids.
  • raysheka16
    I looked through your diary, and a lot of days don't even reach the 1000 calories you mentioned. Are you eating foods that you're not adding up?
    You don't necessarily have to add them to the diary, but you have to be honest with yourself to lose weight.

I know sometimes it doesn't reach the 1000 because I'm full for the day
  • raysheka16

1 egg
    1 slice bread
    1 cake
    4 oz steamed shrimp
    1/3 cob corn
    4 chicken? wings

I cook my own food

Do you use the recipe builder? Have a look at my food diary to get an idea of how meticulous I have been to lose weight and keep it off. Everything is weighed unless I am eating out. If I am cooking my own food the ingredients are all weighed raw and added as a recipe and then weighed again once cooked to work out serving sizes. Measuring cups and spoons are only ever used to liquids.

Ooooohhhh i understand now
  • Lillymoo01

I know sometimes it doesn't reach the 1000 because I'm full for the day

It doesn't reach 1000 because you are not logging correctly.