The last 10 pounds challenge (closed group)

Options

Replies

• MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone and welcome Manit1117!

Despite my 25 yr class reunion last night and the [more than usual] amount of beer I drank last night ~ I still managed a 1.3 loss this week!!! Down to 147.2 now!! (Though I was peeing every hour on the hour....not much sleep last night!)

I only did weight-training 1 day this week (Tuesday) but with the exception of yesterday & today ~ I got my cardio in. Forgot about the squat challenge and didn't start until Friday - so only got 75 done. Found that it's not great on my knees ~ they were cracklin' like crazy ~ didn't want to push it.

As for being within my calories - with the exception of yesterday (YIKES!) I THINK I was within my goal each day - or pretty close to it. Water, didn't make it every day ~ weekends are the hardest.

Don't have a whole lot planned for this week - so can concentrate on getting those EXTRA 5 miles of walking in for the week and eating well ~ oh and can't forget the crunches!

Wishing you all much success in the upcoming week!!!! :happy:
  • nickikole1
    Options
    I had an awful week when it came to eating well or working out. Luckily there was no weight loss or gain, but I really need to re-motivate. I think the run/walk/jog goal should help. I make my vow now... I will track my food every day this week. (The embarrassment of eating poorly would be too much right now. :-P)
  • jalysons
    jalysons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!

I think I drank my water & do all my squats.

Sunday - run, stairmaster, walk
    Monday - lift - total body, stairmaster, walk
    Tuesday - isnanity, spin, walk
    Wednesday - insanity, run
    Thursday - lift, stairmaster, elliptical
    Friday - spin, stairmaster, elliptical, walk
    Saturday - run, walk, lift, stairmaster,
    Sunday - run, walk (outisde and treadmill), stairmaster,

Went over calories 2 days and no weight loss. surprise surprise.

I can run 5 extea miles
  • Brooklyn85
    Options
    Hello!

It was my birthday yesterday (26), and I started celebrating on Thursday night and didn't really stop until tonight, so needless to say I drank too much alcohol calories and ate too much good food. But I'm excusing myself since it was my birthday, and I also had a really heavy workload for the end of my internship (stayed at the studio until 6am one day...). Back on track tomorrow!

I did do the 200+ squats, and I drank my water as always.

No weight loss from last week: 133.5
    Workouts:
    2 strength, upper and lower body each time
    1 cardio
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Well.....the scale is not being my friend. Today I was back up to 128#. I HATE this. I have been bouncing for 7 weeks now, bouncing between 125.5 and 128. I am really getting discouraged. You guys may have to light a fire under my *kitten*, because I am losing my own motivation. I am having more and more days of just not caring. I typically exercise 5-6 days a week, I added strength, I increased my calories. I don't know what else to do. My fat % is still high (according to my scale, I average 26% fat), so I KNOW there is more to lose. WTF??????
    loss2-1.jpg

One word. Detox. There is no way around it. You have to get drastic!

I hit the same plateau at the same weight! Do one that is sensible and has you eating throughout it. You can do 7 days , 14 days or a month. It lit a fire under my *kitten* and got me losing again to where I am. I 'd do it again to break this plateau I'm on now but they say to wait at least 3 months.
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Please welcome manit1117 !!!! She will joining our group and introducing herself soon! She will start with Sunday's weigh-in. Welcome!!!!!

Val

Welcome to the group manit1117 :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hi! Sorry late with my weigh in but hectic work last week. Not much exercise, bad logging, only lost 0.2 at 139.6 but happy I stayed out of the 140s and managed a stressful week at work without turning to food and eating junk which I used to do.

Not much exercise last week - Started the C25K app on Saturday to get into running - hopefully this will help jump start my weight loss for this week. Weather cooperating, I am planning on doing it on my lunch, it is a 30-minute workout.

Hope everyone has a great week!
  • manit1117
    manit1117 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I had a bad weekend eating and working out :frown: But I'm back on track today.

Weight: 133.25
    Mon - Turbo Fire & Weights: Lower Body and Abs
    Tues - Turbo Fire
    Wed - Weights: Upper Body and Abs
    Thurs - Turbo Fire
    Fri - Weights: Lower Body and Abs
    Sat - Rest
    Sun - Rest
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

I hit the same plateau at the same weight! Do one that is sensible and has you eating throughout it. You can do 7 days , 14 days or a month. It lit a fire under my *kitten* and got me losing again to where I am. I 'd do it again to break this plateau I'm on now but they say to wait at least 3 months.
    [/quote]

What kind of detox did you do??? How drastic is it? It must be tough on the body if you are only supposed to it every 3 months.
  • vsetter
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What kind of detox did you do??? How drastic is it? It must be tough on the body if you are only supposed to it every 3 months.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Valerie, I wish I had an answer for you....but don't get discouraged...sometimes breaking a plateau just comes from keep doing what your doing!

I was going to take another day off from exercising today, BUT since our challenge this week is walking/jogging/running I think I will skip my large supermarket trip at my fav store (Wegmans) and walk to the closer store to just pick up the necessaties.....round trip will be two miles :happy:
  • manit1117
    manit1117 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Valerie: Charlene (Turbo Fire) said in one of her discussions that when you hit a plateau that is your body telling you it needs rest. She suggests taking a week off and jumping right back into things. I know someone who recently was stuck at there weight. It killed them to take this advice but they did it and viola the weight started dropping. So may be take 1 week off from exercise and see where it gets you. I know it scares me too :indifferent:
  • vsetter
    Options
    Valerie: Charlene (Turbo Fire) said in one of her discussions that when you hit a plateau that is your body telling you it needs rest. She suggests taking a week off and jumping right back into things. I know someone who recently was stuck at there weight. It killed them to take this advice but they did it and viola the weight started dropping. So may be take 1 week off from exercise and see where it gets you. I know it scares me too :indifferent:

Maybe I will take that advice. I think I am going to do the Inferno Plan for the next 5 days --- low calorie, high cardio, with a little bit of weights. And then I am going to try and take next week off. Hubby and I are going away for Labor Day weekend anyway.....it's a good time to not worry about exercise. I'm sure I will get some exercise in, but it will be mostly walking/hiking.

Thanks for keeping me on track!
  • vsetter
    Options
    Sorry for my delay in getting out this week's report. It was a crazy day. Hubby's car broke down on the side of the highway on his way home from work. He was a good 45 minutes away from home. I had to gather the kids (baby girl had JUST gone down for her nap), run to the store and buy a battery (the alternator went bad and killed the battery), drive out to him, and then follow him to the shop. We just had that alternator replaced 10 months ago. Fortunatley the shop is going to cover the cost for replacement. What a pain!!!!

Oh well....should have results posted tomorrow (or later today, when I look at the time).
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Sorry for my delay in getting out this week's report. It was a crazy day. Hubby's car broke down on the side of the highway on his way home from work. He was a good 45 minutes away from home. I had to gather the kids (baby girl had JUST gone down for her nap), run to the store and buy a battery (the alternator went bad and killed the battery), drive out to him, and then follow him to the shop. We just had that alternator replaced 10 months ago. Fortunatley the shop is going to cover the cost for replacement. What a pain!!!!

Oh well....should have results posted tomorrow (or later today, when I look at the time).

UGH Valerie, that's stinky!!!!!! Glad everything worked out for you!!! Get the results whenever you can!!! No worries and thank you :happy:
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    UGH! I'm at 134 today. I'm just going to have a little freak out. I don't believe that is my actual weight. Don't don't don't.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    UGH! I'm at 134 today. I'm just going to have a little freak out. I don't believe that is my actual weight. Don't don't don't.

I don't think it is....its most likely water weight....you were out of your element for a few days. I'd drinks lots of water and get back on the scale friday, I bet it will be a lot nicer to you :smile:
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options

I think it's more the supplements you do with it. I did the 'Totally Natural 7 Day Internal Cleaning Detox'. There are a whole heap of natural vitamins that you take throughout the 7 days. It's basically ia vegetarian and gluten free diet for a week with filtered water to drink. It comes in 7 days, 14 days and a month.

I had just completed a whole month detox but went overseas for a week and overate. I felt so awful that when I came home, I did the 7 day detox as a refresher. I think one of the many supplement you take is a mild laxative (and they are not good to be on long term) which is why you are suppose to have a 3 month break.

Perhaps take a week off the exercise and combine it with the detox?
  • vsetter
    Options
    WOW!!! What a week! Great job ladies!!!

This week the weight loss awards go to......
    ljbhill for losing 2.4 pounds this week!!!!!
    And Kate (kblue2007) and cheshirechic!!!!! Both lost 1.6 pounds this week!!!!!

Point leaders for the week are....
    First -- Kate (kblue2007) with 37 points
    Second -- Cathie (crazytxmom) with 29 points
    Third -- cheshirechic with 26 points
    Fourth -- Brooklyn (brooklyn85) with 24 points

Grand total leaders are....
    First -- Kate (kblue2007) with 72 points
    Second -- Brooklyn (brooklyn85) with 60 points
    Third -- Kristin (kerick9) with 54 points

Speacial WOOHOOs go to
    >

***** Kate (kblue2007), Cathie (crazytxmom), and Brooklyn (brooklyn85) for meeting both challenges!!!!! Extra 10 points!!!!! Kate -- how in the world do you drink that much water???? You must be peeing all of the time!

***** cheshirechic and Julie (roxiedo)!!!! They were the only two that did not go over calories! (and I gave a 150 calorie grace).

***** cheshirechic was the only one to meet calories every day of the week!

***** jalysons increased her protein levels this past week and met those new goals every day!!!! jalysons and Kristin (kerick9) were the only ones that met protein goals every day!

week3.jpg

weightweek3.jpg
  • kblue2007
    Options
    ***** Kate (kblue2007), Cathie (crazytxmom), and Brooklyn (brooklyn85) for meeting both challenges!!!!! Extra 10 points!!!!! Kate -- how in the world do you drink that much water???? You must be peeing all of the time!

I do pee constantly!!!! I have a 16oz glass of water as soon as I sit up in bed. Then a liter at the gym, then a liter on my way to work, then a liter before/during lunch, then an afternoon liter, and then I fill up my bottle once more before I leave work and finish that throughout the evening. Its alot but I don't drink anything else during the day except for coffee (sometimes).
    My suggestion for more water is to fill up a liter bottle, let it come to room temp and then chug....it works for me :happy:

Everyone had a great week last week and I hope everyone is doing well this week as well AND I'm sure you all are!!!
    I'm not doing great with the crunches challenge so far, only 100 down. But I will finish up the 5 extra miles tonight before the rain comes in tomorrow!!!

Happy one day closer to Friday :laugh:
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    wew! back down to 132! Celebrate. 50 side crunches yesterday. :)

I agree with kate- if you have the water in front of you, you are waaayyy more inclined to drink it. Chug away!