Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• ShopGirl9999
    ShopGirl9999 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Does this group have a weekly challenge?
  • ksales507
    ksales507 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    cscibior wrote: »
    What’s everyone doing this weekend? This is my first weekend counting calories in a loooong time! I am trying to make it a positive thing... 😬

I’m switching up my exercise... shoveling snow burns 102 calories in 18 minutes! 😄
  • sweetnic
    sweetnic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    jmgr9993 wrote: »
    sweetnic wrote: »
    jmgr9993 wrote: »
    Should be a fun weekend.., we are buckling down for the major snow storm heading our way!! Who knows might be a good weekend to be a kid again and go sled riding. That is always a good work out walking through heaps of snow and up a giant hill. I know my kids are excited!!

I am hoping to do the same thing! Sleds and snow gear are ready to go!

Our day went a little sideways.. my husband and I watched the weather channel closely and decided to drive an hour north of us to go on a hike. Since the storm was to the south of where we were going. It was fun hats, gloves, scarf and boots. We unexpectedly hit the worst of the snowstorms on our way back home. Our Town and Country hit an ice patch and spun out of control for a quarter of a mile on back country roads in the middle of nowhere. I have never been more terrified in my entire life. My sister, husband and I seriously thought we were going to roll the car over and crash. By the grace of God my husband was able to get the car under control. We were all shaking so bad we had to pull over into a near by parking lot to get ourselves together. My sister said had there been a car coming in the opposite direction we for sure would have been seriously injured. I think we had an angel in our car watching over us lol ... What should have been a one hour drive took us close to two hours to get home. Of course white knuckling it the whole way. We did make it back in one piece !!! Needless to say we are for sure home for the rest of the evening 😊

Oh my! I am so glad you didn’t crash! That had to be quite a fright! Hopefully today will bring you peace and calm.
  • wildyammm
    wildyammm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I’m 41, and looking to loose 20-30 pounds. The struggle is real and I’m New to this app. I don’t know how to add friends.......
    I’m hoping we can all support and motivate each other to stay of track. Please add me if you can

We can do this!!!!
    Gina
  • JaniceVACPA
    JaniceVACPA Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    New to MFP after losing 30 pounds tracking on Fitbit. Not a fan of their tracking or community, so popping in here. I'm at the top of my goal range (130-135) and need friends to do this with. I'm a 48YO CPA with a husband and two kids (19&17), I love my dog and reading, and trying to find new ways to love food and exercise.

Plan for today is shoveling out of the snow here in VA....husband and I always "fight" because we both love snow shoveling! Thankfully, our neighbors step in and offer to let us do their driveways and sidewalks. 😊
  • winodini
    winodini Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Does this group have a weekly challenge?

That could be a lot of fun!
  • winodini
    Options
    I took to the local state park this weekend to get some steps in and spend time with my baby and pup! Got a good workout with weights/strength training as well. Making a habit out of getting to the gym will hopefully get much easier! My gym is going to host a biggest loser contest; I’m considering joining and working with their trainer one/one to kickstart and have someone actually expect me to come to the facility. I do better with a partner, but haven’t found anyone that can team up for the times I normally can go in the late evening.

One day at a time!
  • CookieJones2018
    CookieJones2018 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Almost 48 here and looking for other friends too! <3
  • dblst10
    dblst10 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This weekend was hard. I went back to sugar which wasn’t worth it. I overate the sugar! My brain is wired for it. Who has new ideas for me for tomorrow’s sugar-crave?
  • winodini
    Options
    cscibior wrote: »
    Just sitting down with my cup of coffee with NO chocolate. 😓. What is everyone’s goals besides losing weight? I am working on getting my horse to compete in agility this summer. I want to earn ribbons in every category!

Coffee with a scone is sorely missed here!

A goal I have set for myself is to get back to sewing! I want to make my daughter some dresses and quilts for all my kids.
    winodini wrote: »
    Made it to the gym this evening and felt so motivated!

Great job!!

Thank you! It’s been a busy week with kid school activities so I was very glad I committed and didn’t talk myself into not going. It’s s struggle! My kids lead busier lives than I and I’m just a tagalong haha!

It is hard! 3 kids all with after school activities - and Saturday and Sunday!! Scheduling time for myself has not been a priority.

I understand this so much! Finding time for myself outside of “mom” is a struggle!
    40 here and thanks to hurricane and holidays I'm back to having 100 to lose.

We got slammed dunked by Florence here in my area of NC; totally understand! My house flooded and dealing with it all caused me to gain a lot between stress, eating out and junk food.

• dblst10
    dblst10 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    We can do this Monday
  • Cmswaney13
    Cmswaney13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm younger, 36, but am looking for supportive women to keep me encouraged as I try to lose 70+ pounds. I am often discouraged by the younger 30s and 20s members because I often find they are already healthy, but post as if the struggle, potential health risk is the same. At least the ones who have reached out to me. Please consider adding me.
  • jcjaa
    jcjaa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 41 and have about 80 lbs to lose. I have already lost 9 lbs. Currently working on my diet. Finding the motivation to workout is a challenge. Ugh!!!
  • ShopGirl9999
    ShopGirl9999 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Another group is having the following 1 WEEK challenge, so we could do the same to motivate each other.

It starts today 1/14 and ends Sunday.

30 min or more workout per day.
    64 oz or more water per day
    Give up ONE type of food for a week like white flour, sugar, baked goods, dairy, soda etc
    Checkin atleast once this week.
  • winodini
    Options
    Another group is having the following 1 WEEK challenge, so we could do the same to motivate each other.

Give up ONE type of food for a week like white flour, sugar, baked goods, dairy, soda etc

This would be very motivating!
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options

I think the workout would be a good challenge. Maybe start with one thing first
  • sweetnic
    sweetnic Posts: 66 Member
    Options

I think the workout would be a good challenge. Maybe start with one thing first

I would participate! I like only doing one thing a week, though, too. I’ve already given up wine. 😂

I plan on adding a new challenge to myself every 3 or 4 weeks, once I get the last goal incorporated as a “habit”.

I’ve always pushed myself too hard in the beginning, I think. I’m hoping my new approach will help me actually make this my new “normal” so once the weight is off it will be easier to maintain!