Use of 'Woo' reaction - negative reactions?

Options
12346»

Replies

• French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    alexhayg wrote: »
    try2again wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Without seeing the context of the post it's hard to say, but remember some people use the 'woo' reaction as 'woo hoo!' My advice: ignore it completely, or use it as a source of amusement.

It was on the 5lbs January weight loss challenge. I posted my weekly update and stated that I lost 4lbs since last Sunday.

Thank you for your advice, it is appreciated :)

Likely reason for getting negatively woo-d is because 4lbs a week is a huge loss. BUT considering you probably also just started, and most initial big losses are water weight as well as fat weight it's probably not anything worrisome :smile: I think woos happen as sort of a knee-jerk reaction to posts like that, honestly.

I thought that myself but would never judge someone else unless I knew the facts. I couldn't starve myself (just not built that way 😂). I just don't think people realise how much their reactions affect people. It put me right off posting tbh.

You guys are cool though, you can stay 👍

Maybe it would help to see how stupid some of these woo's are.

I got one for:
    I don't drink coffee, but that's because even the smell of it nauseates me. I do drink other beverages with caffeine (tea and diet colas).

Does someone question that I get nauseated by the smell of coffee? Or am I lying about drinking tea and diet cola?

There is no point in taking them seriously. I figure if someone is serious about questioning my post, they will actually question it.

ETA: And I doubt it's a woo-hoo, because who would woo-hoo nausea?

:D I got booed (or rather got a comment so I assumed that's why this person booed it) because I suggested that 300 cals of veg would be better for you than 300cals of cookies. How dare I state that vegetables are good for you! :D

Depends on the context. If you were implying that people shouldn't have cookies as part of an overall healthy diet, that will get wooed. Or if you were suggesting that 300 calories of vegetables is better for weight loss than 300 calories of cookies. Everyone knows that vegetables have more nutrition than cookies, but a calorie is a calorie.

That is exactly the point I was trying to make, it is a fact that vegetables are going to be better for you than cookies. Fresh food trumps processed food every day of the week. I am all for balance and my diet is by no means perfect and am certainly not a nutritionist or doctor and don't claim to be, however..... a calorie is a calorie yes, but not all calories are created equal...

Imagine a day full of food like this - Mcdonalds Breakfast 400cals, Greggs Pasty and cookie, 600cals, Pot Noodle 400 cals. total cals 1400calories

or this: Porridge with banana and honey 350cals, chicken salad with couscous and dressing/sauce 400cals, Homemade spaghetti bolagnese 500cals, snacks - yogurt 100cal, fruit 50cals total cals 1400

I know which one I would be going for. That was kind of the point I was trying to get to. Obviously it is difficult to put that across without a massive essay.

Which one?

Personally, I might go for the first choice one day ... and the second choice another day. :)

Incidentally, how are you getting chicken salad, couscous and dressing to equal 400 calories?

Heavy on the skinless chicken breast chunks, celery, onions and maybe some grapes; light on the sauce (stretch the mayo with 0% fat Greek yogurt) and couscous.