• ShopGirl9999
    ShopGirl9999 Posts: 775 Member
    I hear you...small changes add up. Good luck ladies
  • Weeese
    Weeese Posts: 34 Member
    I’d be up for a weekly challenge too, one step at a time! 🙂
  • heatherlgw
    heatherlgw Posts: 1 Member
    I’m 46 and need to lose a lot. Looking for support and motivation. Requesting to join the group! 😊
  • julpmas
    julpmas Posts: 3 Member
    I'm Julie, 46, work full time, mom of 3 and dealing w the dreaded change and weight loss. Looking to give and receive support as we work on being fabulous!!
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    I'm 41 and I would love to connect with you all who are in the same boat! I have maybe 10-15 lbs to lose, and it's not easy. Post here, add me as a friend - let's do this together!

How do you join the group
  • shortyjmorgan1
    dblst10 wrote: »
    This weekend was hard. I went back to sugar which wasn’t worth it. I overate the sugar! My brain is wired for it. Who has new ideas for me for tomorrow’s sugar-crave?

Fruit instead of process sugar. Also try dark chocolate.
  • gridirongrrl
    gridirongrrl Posts: 69 Member
    Hey all! I’m glad to have found this thread! I’m 41 and trying to ultimately lose about 65 lbs. I’ve done well so far in January but finding myself frustrated. It is my time of the month and against my better judgment I stepped on the scale this morning. Bloat is for real :s It was pretty discouraging to see that number go up that much. So I came here looking for a pick me up! How much does your weight fluctuate monthly?
  • shortyjmorgan1
    Hey all! I’m glad to have found this thread! I’m 41 and trying to ultimately lose about 65 lbs. I’ve done well so far in January but finding myself frustrated. It is my time of the month and against my better judgment I stepped on the scale this morning. Bloat is for real :s It was pretty discouraging to see that number go up that much. So I came here looking for a pick me up! How much does your weight fluctuate monthly?

Mine fluctuates on a daily basis. I have had a hysterectomy and my medicine can affect how my body processes food. Just like this morning I weighed 167.6 and Monday I weighed 167.4. It is a constant journey. Hang in there and know that there will be both great and not so great days.
  • gridirongrrl
    :D I wouldn’t even blink over .2 ... that’s pretty normal for me. I’m talking like several pounds. Like back up over what I was at last week’s weigh in. Yikes!
  • Weeese
    Weeese Posts: 34 Member

Mine fluctuates on a daily basis. I have had a hysterectomy and my medicine can affect how my body processes food. Just like this morning I weighed 167.6 and Monday I weighed 167.4. It is a constant journey. Hang in there and know that there will be both great and not so great days.

I’m the same daily fluctuations, sometimes .2 but anything up to 2 pounds from day to day (even when food and routine are similar form day to day). I stick to a once a week weigh-in at the same time of day every week, to avoid too much disappointment in fluctuations.

• aggielonghornmd
    aggielonghornmd Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2019
    Please add me to group. I'm 43 and looking to lose 10lbs. I recently started Pilates for strength/flexibility. I used MFP in the past to lose/maintain weight. The best thing for me ever was logging my calories. I actually lost weight by logging and it made me rethink everything I put in my mouth. I was surprised to see how many calories I was actually eating when I wasn't logging. Sticking to portion sizes, eating meals on a saucer, and logging calories was super effective, but takes discipline.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    This week I will:
    Apple Watch: close my activity ring and stand ring every day. Close my exercise ring at least 3 days.
    Log: log all meals into MFP and all water on my watch app. Daily weight. Blood pressure at least once/day.
    Calories: stay within budget
    Water: 70oz

Did well yesterday on my goals. I logged every bite and was well under budget. It wasn’t even 900 calories but I feel like I needed at day like that. Today I will be over 1000 for sure. Closed my activity and stand rings.

Does anybody have an Apple Watch? It seems so hard to close that exercise ring even when logging the exercise. I know my HR gets high enough because I can feel it. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

I weighed in today and I am a bit done from last week but still above where I was the week before.

• winodini
    winodini Posts: 135 Member
    I don’t have an Apple Watch, just an iPhone. I use a Fitbit for tracking steps; is that similar? It has a ring on the app to close to meet your daily goals.

I have started taking a cardio class at my gym. I like it because the other ladies in the class all have similar goals to me, and they are a fun group that chitchats as well. Helps me feel more comfortable! I plan to join them more regularly.
  • gridirongrrl
    @azkunk I have an apple watch and am not having that problem. I walk 3 miles on the treadmill everyday which always closes the ring. Sometimes just the walking I do around work all day gets me 2/3 I the way there or so. Have you tried searching your problem on the apple tech support boards?

@winodini I used to love classes at the gym (used to as in.. 10 years ago before I had my son). At the moment I like working out in my basement alone :D It’s like the only “me” time I get all day! Sounds like fun though to have a good group with similar goals! Maybe I’ll get back to something like that someday.
  • winodini
    winodini Posts: 135 Member
    @gridirongrrl alone time was my initial reason for this gym; I can go later in the evening and I’m usually the only person there! 😂 I would love a home gym, but it’s nice to have a place away from the kids some nights. Teens can be a joy!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    winodini wrote: »
    @gridirongrrl alone time was my initial reason for this gym; I can go later in the evening and I’m usually the only person there! 😂 I would love a home gym, but it’s nice to have a place away from the kids some nights. Teens can be a joy!

Don't get me started. Calgon take me away!
  • kellie7850
    kellie7850 Posts: 50 Member
    Hi all
    Glad I found this thread. Been on MFP a while now. I am 41 and have 3st 9 lb to loose. :) I joined a gym and love swimming. Walk the dog every day and ride (horse) most weekends. I am not on a “diet” but have changed eating habits to stick to a calorie goal. Portion sizes have been a real eye opener for me. Looking forward to the journey 👍
  • tresgatos6
    tresgatos6 Posts: 4 Member
    40. Need accountability buddies & don’t know how to add people on here
  • Kahunacrystal74
    Kahunacrystal74 Posts: 11 Member
    Hi just turned 44 at the end of Dec and joined MFP on Jan 1, 2019. I’m down 33lbs but have another 55/65 to go. Looking for some motivation and support to stay on track. Feel free to add me and I will do the same.