Just lost my way completely, cannot stop eating

Options
13»

Replies

• Sam29a
    Sam29a Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    be calm...and rethink what could work for you now, You are burned out on counting calories and I don't blame you. Don't ruin all your hard work..just find a new eating plan or way of eating that takes the pressure off and allows you to reach your goals.
    I don't count calories.. but I have rules of eating that I live by.. I think more about all the things I can eat ..not what I can't. I go out to dinner once a week..makes it so easy to stick to my healthy food all week. So maybe shift your focus to what you can eat to say fit.

I have tried not counting calories a few times, sometimes just a day or two, once or twice, for a whole week. I tried to just focus on eating healthier, making good choices and eating when I'm hungry. But truthfully, that is a lot more hassle as I have lost the ability to know when I'm actually hungry.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Sam29a wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Have you managed to get back on track?

I’m 5’2 130lbs trying to get down to 115lbs also.

Yes, sort of. Haven't binged since writing this post and have lost around 4 lbs. Pretty sure it was water weight from binging before, but still, happy to see a loss. But I know from past experience that I can sometimes do well for a week or two and then mess up. Fingers crossed I can get through the next few weeks, then I know I won't allow myself to mess up again.

Oh good.... I know the struggle, keeping my fingers crossed for you.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    have you kept a journal and wrote down how you are feeling when you want to binge? maybe that will give you some insight as to how you are feeling. are you getting enough sleep? I know when I dont get enough sleep I just want to eat everything in site and Im not a binger I just end up with a huge appetite. maybe keeping a detailed report so to speak will help you to prevent binges in the past and then you can get through this and get your goals accomplished?
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Elisa123's advice is just what I'd suggest too.
    Find a way to make small changes that work for you. New ways of doing the old things can really help.
    I also agree that being positive - so aiming for fitness (rather than just weight loss) can help you feel better and so to be stronger.
    Keep going and you will overcome this.
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    Sam29a wrote: »

Perhaps that's what it is. I was able to stick to 1100-1300 calories for a long time, over a year and a half, no problem. Now, I try eating that little and just feel ravenous. I then binge and tell myself I'll have whatever I want, get it out of my system, but of course, that never works! I don't exercise and never really have, which seems to be the biggest problem for me. I can't lose much weight on 1200 as it is.

I think 18 months + of 1100-1300 is key here.

This is what happens. People push themselves to the limit and lose as fast as possible, and then they run out of willpower and eat all the things. It's partially psychological and partially hormonal.