Body system clogged up!

Replies

• Dilvish
    Dilvish Posts: 398 Member
    Fiber supplements like ground psyllium add virtually no calories and you can get it at most health food stores. You may also want to try a strong cup of caffeinated coffee. Caffeine can irritate the colon and helps produce a bowel movement..

If you are taking any type of pain medication regularly, cut it out if you can. It can cause your bowels to essentially shut down.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    Are you consuming enough salt? Maybe there's simply not enough water available to use for going to the toilet, and salt makes your body hold more onto water.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,581 Member
    amring wrote: »
    You guys are awesome! I took dulcolax yesterday and it didn't work on me (for the first time!!) @pierinifitness LOL I think I'm passing on the glass of soap water! Tried Epsom salt in water - and NADA! @Seanan 2387 I have a feeling this problem will stop me from following Keto I've been on it for 16 days now. I've watched Dr Berg' videos, he's advicing to stay away from newly introduced veggies into the diet like cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower and instead eat much friendlier veggies like spinach, sallad and collard greens, but those don't really fill me up! But the issue is you have to eat alot of it to get your fibre and for it to work! Hope the supplements work for you x

How long has it been since you've had a BM?
  • amring
    amring Posts: 21 Member
    @psuLemon that's GENIUS! Overconsumption of sugar free sweets always lead to..... Never thought of that one, thanks!
  • leiflung
    leiflung Posts: 83 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    I would add back in some carbs, and maybe down a few prunes. And if all else fails, haribo sugar free gummy bears. :#

Haha! Yes. For me, too much Orbit gum and I just can't leave the house.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    You guys are awesome! I took dulcolax yesterday and it didn't work on me (for the first time!!) @pierinifitness LOL I think I'm passing on the glass of soap water! Tried Epsom salt in water - and NADA! @Seanan 2387 I have a feeling this problem will stop me from following Keto I've been on it for 16 days now. I've watched Dr Berg' videos, he's advicing to stay away from newly introduced veggies into the diet like cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower and instead eat much friendlier veggies like spinach, sallad and collard greens, but those don't really fill me up! But the issue is you have to eat alot of it to get your fibre and for it to work! Hope the supplements work for you x

How long has it been since you've had a BM?

This. There is a point where you need to consider seeing a doctor.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    @psuLemon that's GENIUS! Overconsumption of sugar free sweets always lead to..... Never thought of that one, thanks!

though be aware not all of them have that side effect. it depends what artificial sweetener is used
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,668 Member
    When I followed Atkins, I had to take Fiber Tabs to stay regular.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Smooth Move tea. If it doesn't work, at least the name made you lol right?

This is what I use when I can't "go"! Drink a cup around dinner time and hopefully it works before you need to leave the house in the morning! The first time caused some cramping, but subsequent uses have not. I also take magnesium at night. The only other thing I've tried is Dr. Schultz's formula 1.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Curious about the high fiber cacao bars with coconut chips. Mind giving more information? The ones I saw weren't especially high fiber, but I'd be up for trying something.

My favorite chocolate bar currently is Chocolove Extreme Dark 88%. One bar (I usually eat half) is 180 cal, 16 g fat, 10 g carbs (but 4 of those are fiber, 4 sugar), 3 g protein. Not really keto compliant (but then I'm not keto), but tasty. But I'm open minded if something else tastes good and provides fiber too (not Quest bars).
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Smooth Move tea. If it doesn't work, at least the name made you lol right?

This is what I use when I can't "go"! Drink a cup around dinner time and hopefully it works before you need to leave the house in the morning! The first time caused some cramping, but subsequent uses have not. I also take magnesium at night. The only other thing I've tried is Dr. Schultz's formula 1.

Yep it usually gets things going at least a little bit.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    glycerin suppositories
  • getrealgirl
    getrealgirl Posts: 201 Member
    Walk, walk, walk.
  • amring
    amring Posts: 21 Member
    @snickerscharlie thanks for checking in on me! I have significantly upped my intake of fiber foods but even that hasn't helped...so Dr it is!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,581 Member
    @snickerscharlie thanks for checking in on me! I have significantly upped my intake of fiber foods but even that hasn't helped...so Dr it is!

Glad to hear it. <3