Protein serious mass waste of time

Options
2»

Replies

• Bobthedog3232
    Bobthedog3232 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Well three full body workouts kettlebell and barbells Home only no fancy machines
    3 x a week
    Chin ups pull ups core work in between
    Think will stick with powder and just be wary not to exceed 3000 calories a day
  • Bobthedog3232
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Realise this kinda new at this bulking thing spending over a year slimming down so getting fat again in the belly jowl neck face isn’t something appealing
    To the wise cracks it’s simply that cannot figure out why it’s post workout not pre surely all those calories are for working out not post
  • Bobthedog3232
    Options
    It’s all sitting there then overkill calories
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Realise this kinda new at this bulking thing spending over a year slimming down so getting fat again in the belly jowl neck face isn’t something appealing
    To the wise cracks it’s simply that cannot figure out why it’s post workout not pre surely all those calories are for working out not post

You can take it whenever you want. Using it after is fine you are burning calories all day.

You can take it pre-workout although it might be a bit filling and could negatively affect your workout performance. Try it out and see.
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Dilvish wrote: »
    forget the protein shakes. Most of them contain a serious amount of crap that your body just doesn't need. If your goal is to build muscle stick with natural sources, fish, chicken, pumpkin seeds, greek yogurt, eggs, beans etc. If you need to get a quick protein intake right after a workout, try fortified milk. Some leading fortified milks have up to 26 grams in one serving. https://organicvalley.coop/products/protein-shakes/organic-fuel/chocolate-organic-fuel-protein-shake/

"Forget the protein shakes."
    ...but heres a protein shake with the word organic plastered on it, which must make it way more healthy.

Only a certain percentage of ingredients actually need to be organic for a company to say it is, and some natural pesticides have been shown to be more harmful than synthetic ones. Just some food for thought.

Which natural pesticides (that are approved for organic gardening) have been shown to be more harmful than synthetic ones?

Well, I don't think there are approved for organic gardening pesticides, but the FDA has pesticides approved for organic farming. Last I knew Rotenone was still on the organic allowed list - might be off now. If I had to take shots of it or shots of glyphosate, I'd down the glyphosate while wondering what weird situation has me forced to drink pesticides. Not sure of the status of cuprics either at this point, but they were allowed in organic at one point.
  • Bobthedog3232
    Options
    Sorry it’s done via phone app
    Get that the body is constantly in repair and that surplus is needed
    Thanks for advice
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Dilvish wrote: »
    forget the protein shakes. Most of them contain a serious amount of crap that your body just doesn't need. If your goal is to build muscle stick with natural sources, fish, chicken, pumpkin seeds, greek yogurt, eggs, beans etc. If you need to get a quick protein intake right after a workout, try fortified milk. Some leading fortified milks have up to 26 grams in one serving. https://organicvalley.coop/products/protein-shakes/organic-fuel/chocolate-organic-fuel-protein-shake/

"Forget the protein shakes."
    ...but heres a protein shake with the word organic plastered on it, which must make it way more healthy.

Only a certain percentage of ingredients actually need to be organic for a company to say it is, and some natural pesticides have been shown to be more harmful than synthetic ones. Just some food for thought.

Which natural pesticides (that are approved for organic gardening) have been shown to be more harmful than synthetic ones?

Well, I don't think there are approved for organic gardening pesticides, but the FDA has pesticides approved for organic farming. Last I knew Rotenone was still on the organic allowed list - might be off now. If I had to take shots of it or shots of glyphosate, I'd down the glyphosate while wondering what weird situation has me forced to drink pesticides. Not sure of the status of cuprics either at this point, but they were allowed in organic at one point.

If you want to discuss further, let's do it in Debate.

https://www.ecowatch.com/pesticides-organic-farming-2292594453.html

...One of the most widely spread myths about organic-approved pesticides is that organic farmers use Rotenone, a broad-spectrum insecticide known for its toxicity. While it has been used in the past, the current reality is that the EPA has banned Rotenone for (farming) use in the U.S, though Lewis says it is still used in some countries that grow organic bananas. "The NOSB [National Organic Standards Board] has passed a recommendation to prohibit it outright. We are awaiting NOP [National Organic Program] action on that."
  • Bobthedog3232
    Options
    Get it it’s kind of sloppy sorry