I love her cinnamon rolls

https://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/cinammon_rolls_/

And it is possible to lose weight on them

I make them every Christmas! Love them!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    I do have to say that this show annoys the CRAP out of me. “Let’s make a special lunch for the men, who are working hard out in the field.” Is it 1950? I’d let them make their own damn lunch. Maybe she should grab a pitchfork and help out in the field, too.

She does help on the farm. Nothing wrong with treating the men in your life. 🙄

Yeah it just seems like everything is “the boys will love this extra cheese...” etc. Every show! Like the only reason for a woman to cook is to please the men. Plus I just don’t like cheerful people. ;)

She found a niche and targets her audience, that's all. Don't let the just plain folks thing fool you, either. They are well off and have been since way before her blog and subsequent TV show took off. They have plenty of help around the ranch!

That’s what I was going to say....they have laborers, she is too busy making $$$$ by putting together a tasty sammich on camera. Plus she likely feels a need to take responsibility for feeding her children.

Although I would absolutely LOVE to watch a show called Bitter Pissed Off Wife Trapped On A Ranch Cooks. Like, she could start screaming in the kitchen and then storm out to spend the day heaving hay bales and cutting the nuts off young steers.

i would watch that cooking show LMAO
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I do have to say that this show annoys the CRAP out of me. “Let’s make a special lunch for the men, who are working hard out in the field.” Is it 1950? I’d let them make their own damn lunch. Maybe she should grab a pitchfork and help out in the field, too.

Yeah it just seems like everything is “the boys will love this extra cheese...” etc. Every show! Like the only reason for a woman to cook is to please the men. Plus I just don’t like cheerful people. ;)

She found a niche and targets her audience, that's all. Don't let the just plain folks thing fool you, either. They are well off and have been since way before her blog and subsequent TV show took off. They have plenty of help around the ranch!

Yes, the family is one of the largest land owners in Oklahoma. I think the Drummonds have a net worth somewhere around $250 million.

Is it that much? I knew his family had a lot of land and was very well off. She's not from nothing, either. I looked her up a long time ago out of curiosity (being a fellow okie girl; this was before the TV deal back when she just had a blog).
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Yes, the family is one of the largest land owners in Oklahoma. I think the Drummonds have a net worth somewhere around $250 million.

Is it that much? I knew his family had a lot of land and was very well off. She's not from nothing, either. I looked her up a long time ago out of curiosity (being a fellow okie girl; this was before the TV deal back when she just had a blog).

That was my quick Google search just now, I'm not sure if it is completely accurate. But I think it's safe to say that the initial "well off" description was accurate and she's very successful in her own right too.

To be fair, a lot of that family "net worth" may be based on the land they own. I know that it's not uncommon for ranchers to be very wealthy on paper but not have the liquid assets to reflect that. Still, I don't think she's spending any time in the kitchen that isn't by her own choice.

It doesn't surprise me that they'd be worth that much. Plenty of people were critical of how she portrayed her life in the blog even way back then. She's no simple prairie girl. Brilliant marketer though!

It's absolutely brilliant marketing.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options

That was my quick Google search just now, I'm not sure if it is completely accurate. But I think it's safe to say that the initial "well off" description was accurate and she's very successful in her own right too.

To be fair, a lot of that family "net worth" may be based on the land they own. I know that it's not uncommon for ranchers to be very wealthy on paper but not have the liquid assets to reflect that. Still, I don't think she's spending any time in the kitchen that isn't by her own choice.

It doesn't surprise me that they'd be worth that much. Plenty of people were critical of how she portrayed her life in the blog even way back then. She's no simple prairie girl. Brilliant marketer though!

If they own that much land in OK, then they probably have mineral rights on that land as well--that's where a lot of the money lies. A family friend owns a potato farm in Michigan, and while they do just fine with their potato contracts, the mineral contracts bring in 6 figures A MONTH!

And--her father is an orthopedic surgeon and she attended the University of Southern California back in the late 80's--her family was doing well economically...
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this little detail has been mentioned, but this Pioneer Woman and her family own a (working) farm, and they run their cattle the 'old-fashioned' way in parts.... There is a difference between life on the couch and life on horseback. This extends to the average calorie requirement, too. If you ever had to drag haybales through all kinds of weather, you'd know, a few extra calories won't make the bathroom scale explode... :D