MFP Bullying and Negativity needs to stop!

Options

Replies

• ceeshelman
    Options
    Wow, I am sorry that this is happening. I have been on here for 56 days and haven't seen that negativity you are talking about even once, but then I was thinking maybe that is because I have been being inadvertently insensitive. I have a request of those who feel attacked. Please let the MFP community know how you are taking our comments. The feedback will help those of us who may be insensitive become more aware.
  • tusher2011
    tusher2011 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Maybe some people just like to put others down, be negative or whatever because they think it burns more calories????...:smile:

Well said, OP.
  • Magic_Girl
    Magic_Girl Posts: 158
    Options
    LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE....

Great post, I hate bullies too!
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I think the coolest thing about this post is all the like-minded people! See how many nice people are on here?! I think we outnumber the negative ones, thank goodness. Rock on MFP peeps!
  • Kinda79
    Kinda79 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Awesome post and I totally agree! *LIKE*
  • bethanyranes
    bethanyranes Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to see this! Lately I've noticed that all this negativity and judgement actually makes me feel worse after a romp reading through the MFP boards. I've seen so many people posting their "pet peeves" about others' logging behaviors, people complaining how someone on their friends list eats fast food all the time, people getting burned for having low starting weights, people judging judging judging! Isn't that why we have this support group - to be supportive? Because as someone who is easily discouraged, when I have a day on the road where fast food may be my only option, I'm tempted to not log my calories for fear of catching flack from some anonymous online perfectionist.

As Abe Lincoln said, "Be excellent to each other." :-)
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    Thanks, mom.

And I don't mean that sarcastically; I mean that in a good way. My mom always keeps me in check and puts things in perspective. (I had to add this edit after reading how sarcastic my post sounded).
  • dk_runs
    dk_runs Posts: 106
    Options
    I agree with and "like" your post. If I should ever be the subject of bullying and negativity, I will simply remove the person from my "friends" list if the occurence of the bullying and negativity is not a one time event. We are all here for a positive experience and part of that is surrounding ourselves with positive people.
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have seen this as well. Thank you for wanting everyone to be more positive :)
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    <
    banging the "like" button like it's her job.
    Sorry, I went in a COMPLETELY different direction with that. smiley-sex021.gif
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    There is a button on the bottom right corner of each post. It says "report post". There are moderators that watch these forums. If you feel like you have been attacked just click on "report post" in the specific post. You can get that person banned from the forums and possibly from MFP for good.

You can see in my signature the lifestyle I follow. This lifestyle gets bashed more than any other - at least it feels like it sometimes. It has actually helped me thicken my skin a bit and I'm learning to let the insults just roll right off of me.

Oh by the way - I AM looking to increase the lard in my fridge!! :laugh: But have settled on natural uncured bacon fat, organic butter, coconut oil, etc.
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Totally AGREE!! Most people are very nice as i find it a pleasure to converse with almost everyone :wink: To those know-it-all's who think they know everything and feel the need to correct a persons post or tell them they are wrong/belittle, or make them feel stupid I SAY F.Off lol :laugh:
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou:
  • martina123321
    Options
    so so true, couldn't have said it better myself :)
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    well said...
    that is one reason I DONT like starting a thread.
    Too many times people get jumped on because some1
    thinks what is asked or said is stupid.
    Not every1 is as knowledgeable about weight loss, nutrition or fitness as others.
    Let's get back to the golden rule:
    Treat others as YOU would like to be treated. :wink:
  • SeanC86
    SeanC86 Posts: 88
    Options
    Well spoken. This place is here for support. If you can't say anything nice, best not say it at all. :laugh:
  • Insanityaddict
    Options
    Well said! mucho kudos
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I completely agree.
  • mcleo47
    mcleo47 Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanks for addressing that head on. Too many good thing happen on MFP to let a few run inididuals or the program down. I, for one, will continue to care and be kind!
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    YAY! Thanks for posting this. I agree. Why can't people just agree to disagree sometimes, instead of repeating themselves over and over?