College Football Fans <---in here

Options
thegymbunny
thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
I badly need to be distracted.

1. What do you think about LSU and their team members getting in a huge barfight(stupid corndogs!)

2. OU being picked #1 in the preseason poll

3. Possibilty of the investigation of Miami leading to an SMU like death penalty

Replies

• lbewley3
    lbewley3 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Can't wait for college football to start. Go Sooners!! Love Bob Stoops - he is such a class act and genuinely good guy.
  • shannon877
    shannon877 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Not surprised... here in Louisiana, getting into a barfight is part of the weekend routine.
    Low intelligence + high alcohol intake = invincible attitudes at bars.

OU = overrated. Big time.

Disappointed that Miami could get all of the penalties, but the reaped NO rewards. At least USC was successful when they were paying Reggie Bush.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Such a fan! I love college ball! I'm afraid to post my affiliations here though...lol.

Let's just say, I know a lot of off-color songs about Michigan >: )
  • thedreamhazer
    Options

Disappointed that Miami could get all of the penalties, but the reaped NO rewards.

Also --- LOL @ Miami. Sorry, football makes me feel a little devilish. >: )
  • mesafford
    mesafford Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sooooo excited about college football!! Can't even stand it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Such a fan! I love college ball! I'm afraid to post my affiliations here though...lol.

GO BUCKS!!! I'm still proud....and I don't need any tatoos!!
  • thegymbunny
    Options
    Not surprised... here in Louisiana, getting into a barfight is part of the weekend routine.
    Low intelligence + high alcohol intake = invincible attitudes at bars.

OU = overrated. Big time.

Disappointed that Miami could get all of the penalties, but the reaped NO rewards. At least USC was successful when they were paying Reggie Bush.

Miami seemed to have coaching issues. They are my team I love to hate, since we left the Big East and no longer play WVU I see them as our main rival. So I'm dissapointed they won't pay big bucks for a big coach(ie when they hired Shannon). Al Golden might be good, but if he was smart he'd jump ship.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I'm working on a healthy hatred of Miami...Go Jackets!
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I really don't know the whole story on the LSwho group and their fight so I'll be nice on that one.

OU usually has a tough team but I think the #2 team in the AP poll can beat them :)

Looks like Miami is going to get into some serious trouble but I do not see the NCAA using the death penalty ever again after SMU.

Which is a shame because teams can use that to their advantage and not have to worry about being punished, the worst that can happen is getting an asteric, losing scholarships and a ban on post season games. Also by the time the NCAA finishes their investigation and punishes a school the people that broke the rules have moved on to the NFL and nothing happens to them.
  • thegymbunny
    Options
    I really don't know the whole story on the LSwho group and their fight so I'll be nice on that one.

OU usually has a tough team but I think the #2 team in the AP poll can beat them :)

Looks like Miami is going to get into some serious trouble but I do not see the NCAA using the death penalty ever again after SMU.

Which is a shame because teams can use that to their advantage and not have to worry about being punished, the worst that can happen is getting an asteric, losing scholarships and a ban on post season games. Also by the time the NCAA finishes their investigation and punishes a school the people that broke the rules have moved on to the NFL and nothing happens to them.

I read in a recent article, that they would not have a problem doing that again.
    And the thing about Miami... this has allegedly been going on under like three or four different coaches.
  • lildevil968
    lildevil968 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Since Iam a Longhorn fan I think OU is WAY overreated.
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options

I read in a recent article, that they would not have a problem doing that again.
    And the thing about Miami... this has allegedly been going on under like three or four different coaches.

If things are as bad as I've heard/read then the death penalty needs to be used, just my opinion, if the NCAA doesn't do something than the rule breaking will just get worse.

Since there are Texas people on here, what do y'all think about A&M possibly coming to the SEC??
  • thedreamhazer
    Options

LOL. It's true ... I do, in fact, have scarlet and gray running through these veins of mine! But, as you say, it's not etched into my skin. Stupid players with their stupid scandal and this stupid cover up.

I'm just glad that my man Cameron Heyward was smart enough to stay out of it! Be still my beating heart! :love:
    He will be missed!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    1. What do you think about LSU and their team members getting in a huge barfight(stupid corndogs!)

Pretty standard SEC fare, isn't it?

OU sucks. And preseason polls are ALWAYS worthless.
    3. Possibilty of the investigation of Miami leading to an SMU like death penalty

The NCAA will never drop that hammer again because of what it did to SMU and the Southwest Conference. If they wouldn't give it to Baylor basketball (player murdered, head coach tries to cover up the details) or USC football (pay for play) or Oklahoma's entire athletic department (football and basketball rife with corruption for years), they're not going to give it to anyone.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Since there are Texas people on here, what do y'all think about A&M possibly coming to the SEC??

I hope they do. I am so sick of their constant whining, not to mention Little Brother syndrome.
  • Michellerw1
    Options
    I miss Jim Tressel. :(
  • thegymbunny
    Options

I hope they do. I am so sick of their constant whining, not to mention Little Brother syndrome.

Do you think the new coordinators will help Texas?

maybe make a bowl game this season.

I can't imagine how dissapointing last season was for Texas fans.
  • golfergirl4eva
    Options
    Bronco Nation! :) That is all~
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I'm so sick of controversy of any kind I haven't even read these articles.

It's preseason - they have to pick someone. Who really knows

I have Miami but the possibility of the death penalty makes me really sad. I don't think they will get the death penalty, but whatever they get will be severe.

Cannot wait for kickoff (11 days, 22 hours and change). Go Huskers!
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options

LOL. It's true ... I do, in fact, have scarlet and gray running through these veins of mine! But, as you say, it's not etched into my skin. Stupid players with their stupid scandal and this stupid cover up.

I'm just glad that my man Cameron Heyward was smart enough to stay out of it! Be still my beating heart! :love:
    He will be missed!

We were just back there a month ago and took a "behind the scenes" tour of the stadium....in the recruiting room, there is a wall with pics of the coaching staff....the really BIG picture remained blank! They hadn't put Coach Fickell's picture up there...suppose that gives them leeway to BE fickle??