Beat Saber

mom23mangos
mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
Any other nerds out there addicted to Beat Saber? It's kind of sad to say, but it's my primary source of cardio right now. It's so fun, I can easily blow an hour playing. What's some of your favorite songs? Please share.

Here's a list of the ones that I have tried so far that I think are the most fun:

Can't Stop the Feeling - Justin Timberlake
Shut Up and Dance - Walk The Moon
I Would Walk 500 Miles - The Proclaimers
Dragula - Rob Zombie
In The Air Tonight - Genesis
The Final Countdown - Europe
Everytime We Touch - Cascada
Never Sleep Alone - Kaskade
What You Know - Two Door Cinema Club
Thunder - Imagine Dragons
Uprising - Muse

And my personal favorite.....Seagulls! Stop it Now! - Bad Lip Reading

Replies

• IndigoTeaUSA
    IndigoTeaUSA Posts: 2 Member
    Beat Saber and BoxVR are actually what have gotten me up out of my chair and back into improving my health. So much easier to grab 20-minute fitness breaks during the day, get my cardio in without ever having to leave the house (I work from home, and I don't live in a walk-friendly area).

Some of my custom favs:

Mr. Brightside
    Shake It Off
    Kung Fu Fighting
    Lone Digger
  • mom23mangos
    Finally another Beat Saber fan! I've played the first three, but I'll have to look up Lone Digger. Shake it Off and Kung Fu fighting are fun, but I didn't like the map of Mr. Brightside.

Search by author and download anything by BennyDaBeast. His maps are the BEST.

I downloaded The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies right before Christmas and that has been my son and I's newest favorite.

I am determined to beat The Ultimate Showdown, but so far I've been unsuccessful for months. There's just one little section that kills me every time.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Some of my favorite custom beat saber maps:

Du Hast - Rammstein (a great song and a great map)
    Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Green Day
    Gagnam Style - Psy (does an excellent job of incorporating the iconic dance moves)
    The Final Countdown - Europe

Honorable Mentions:
    Macarena - Los Del Rio (also does a good job incorporating the dance)
    Shia Lebeouf - Rob Cantor (it's a funny song)
    Centerfold - J. Geils Band (pretty challenging yet fun)
  • goudarzj
    goudarzj Posts: 1 Member
    Hi to everyone, I'm Software developer so I'm always sitting behind computer. Beat Saber is great and motivated way to workout for me. I have psvr, so my playlist is limited and unfortunately I don't have your songs list.
  • dr_russky
    dr_russky Posts: 33 Member
    I just started doing Beat Saber as an addition to my cardio routine. So excited to try out some of the custom maps recommended here. Especially Du Hast! How do you all record this in your exercise log? Do you list as generic cardio?
  • mom23mangos
    dr_russky wrote: »
    I just started doing Beat Saber as an addition to my cardio routine. So excited to try out some of the custom maps recommended here. Especially Du Hast! How do you all record this in your exercise log? Do you list as generic cardio?

I don't log exercise, but I think generic cardio should work fine. There's a new mod now that will do a generic calorie count for you once you setup an account and enter in your age, height, weight, etc. According to their calculations I burn about 150-200 calories for 30-45min which sounds about right. I've played with my son's setting on and he burns almost 500 calories for the equivalent time. :(

Some decent newer ones we've downloaded have been:

Cycle Hit
    The Rockafeller Skank
    Happier/Sunflower mashup
    Down With the Sickness

Again, I would start with downloading all of BennyDaBeast's songs. You can just put that in the search and it will show all the songs he's mapped.

Also, @rankinsect - I crack up everytime I play Shia Lebeouf. Have you seen the actual performance piece? It's awesome.
  • dr_russky
    dr_russky Posts: 33 Member
    @mom23mangos - I was thinking of your recommendations last night when I played and had a great time jamming out to Shut Up and Dance with Me. My 8-year old daughter was also busting out some great moves (not in VR, but in real life - we screenshare it on our TV), so it was a fun family fitness session.

Happy Weekend!
    -Valerie
  • Non_Entity
    Non_Entity Posts: 8 Member
    I know nothing of Beat Saber, but I freaking crack up every time I hear Seagulls! Stop It Now!
  • stoked2b
    stoked2b Posts: 136 Member
    Hey Beat Saber fans! My son got an Oculus Quest for Christmas and of course he got Beat Saber. I set it up to do custom songs and it's amazing how much more fun the game became. I'm working my way up in skill level and can do all songs on Hard and working on a few Expert levels. It's amazing to me that I can wear a Fitbit and measure my heart rate consistently in the cardio (70-80%) range and can easily burn 500+ calories per hour!

Good song suggestions here that I will have to try. Some of my favorite custom songs are:
    Uprising by Muse
    Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5
    24K Magic – Bruno Mars
    Imagine Dragons – Believer (100k ver.)
    On The Floor (ft. Pitbull) – Jennifer Lopez
    DJ Got Us Fallin In Love – Usher ft. Pitbull

I'm also interested in making my own maps for songs not available. I've watched Bennydabeast's tutorials and I have to admit that guy has some serious musical and artistic (lighting) talent. I've got 3 ideas for songs and hope to release them soon on Beast Saber. I hope some of you can try them out!

Welcome to the Jungle by Guns N' Roses
    P.Y.T. by Michael Jackson
    Humpty Dance by Digital Underground
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    I am beyond excited! I tried Beat Saber just over a week ago at my sister's house and I was instantly hooked on that, BoxVR, and Sports Scramble, LOL. I ordered my own Quest and it should arrive tomorrow. Really looking forward to using this for my cardio, as the dreadmill can get boring at times. :wink:

Making notes on good songs.
  • mom23mangos
    @stoked2b Let us know when you drop your songs!!! I've love to check them out. I started mapping Dura by Daddy Yankee last year, but then I gave up and never finished it. I'd love to have a map of that one if you are looking for requests. :D
  • mom23mangos
    I am beyond excited! I tried Beat Saber just over a week ago at my sister's house and I was instantly hooked on that, BoxVR, and Sports Scramble, LOL. I ordered my own Quest and it should arrive tomorrow. Really looking forward to using this for my cardio, as the dreadmill can get boring at times. :wink:

Making notes on good songs.

There's a fun one for Dance Monkey out now.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Beat Saber is 90% of my cardio and if you like it, try Pistol Whip. Its just as fun and still a workout. :)
  • stoked2b
    @mom32mangos Dura by Daddy Yankee is on bsaber - Expert level only. Try it out?

We also have been mapping Poker Face by Lady Gaga but still play testing it. Unfortunately our left controller needs to be RMA'd as the vibration no longer works and it will take a couple weeks to get a new one :(
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    I am definitely going to have to set up custom songs! Don't know any of the current tracks in Campaign.
    360 Beat Saber is another level of fun too.
    But yes, one handed saber and normal mode both get a sweat on!
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    My Oculus Rift is coming in today and the first thing I'm downloading is Beat Saber. I also want Arcadia once its released. Sadly, my friend informed me that you can no longer side-load copyrighted songs into Beat Saber on the Oculus Rift, so I'll only be able to play the songs provided from Beat Saber.
  • mom23mangos
    edited January 2020
    stoked2b wrote: »
    @mom32mangos Dura by Daddy Yankee is on bsaber - Expert level only. Try it out?

Runs to VR......
    rhaiin wrote: »
    My Oculus Rift is coming in today and the first thing I'm downloading is Beat Saber. I also want Arcadia once its released. Sadly, my friend informed me that you can no longer side-load copyrighted songs into Beat Saber on the Oculus Rift, so I'll only be able to play the songs provided from Beat Saber.

Did something change in the last week or so? I know that every time they do an update, you have to reinstall the mods.

https://www.roadtovr.com/fix-beat-saber-custom-songs-mods-update/
  • stoked2b
    my friend informed me that you can no longer side-load copyrighted songs into Beat Saber on the Oculus Rift

This guide was updated 2 weeks ago: https://bsaber.com/installing-the-mod-guide-necessary-for-any-custom-songs/

• lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    stoked2b wrote: »
    my friend informed me that you can no longer side-load copyrighted songs into Beat Saber on the Oculus Rift

This guide was updated 2 weeks ago: https://bsaber.com/installing-the-mod-guide-necessary-for-any-custom-songs/

Thanks. I'll check it out once I get Beat Saber installed.
  • mom23mangos
    @stoked2b - total disappointment on the Dura map. They did an even worse job than I did. Didn't even finish the song before deleting it.

I did download a new Benny and a fun map of Don't Start Now by Dua Lipa. It's one that has big swings, so I was able to get SS first time through.

It took me forever to find where they moved the custom song download to. It's now on the top of the left panel.