What do you say when someone tells you that you are pregnant

And you aren't! I'm just an apple shape, needing to lose weight

Replies

• tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Nothing, I was also asked how many months was I! I'm a guy though and it was obviously a pun on my belly 😂. I didn't take offense mainly as abdominal fat is whatever to me, I don't care.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,939 Member
    Once I lost weight no one thought that again.

Well, that and I'm in my sixties now.

I only had one person ever say that to me, and it was an older woman. I just blew it off.

I have on the other hand asked someone if they're pregnant when they weren't. That's the last time I ever did THAT. Oh, the horror and the hurt feelz. It was pretty over-the-top (according to me :wink: )
  • tburgardt
    tburgardt Posts: 62 Member
    My grandmother asks me this quite often. One time I was feeling really bad about myself and she asked. And my response was, "no Grandma. I'm just fat" she thankfully has not asked since.
  • tburgardt
    tburgardt Posts: 62 Member
    Say in an extremely enthusiastic tone “Thank you so much for asking! Let me show you the ultrasound picture!” Then show them this...
    63lgd04jk660.jpeg
    Hopefully they get the message and don’t ask again! ;)

😂😂😂
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Well, I have lost a small person!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    OP, I’m so sorry you had to experience that. I unfortunately made that mistake only once in my life when I was a young mother myself. It was someone who had been fairly along in their pregnancy and had lost the baby, but still had the extra weight. I now never comment unless a head is coming out. :# It’s usually mortifying for both parties and I bet most people never make that mistake again. It just sucks that you were their one mistake.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    I’d be more concerned about their feelings and making them feel embarrassed or bad so I’d just go along with it.

• 23MJ88DBFan
    23MJ88DBFan Posts: 51 Member
    I'm so sorry you had to go through that! @12Sarah2015 It's happened to me too, one time the person was even so bold as to put their hand on my belly & what I've done is say facetiously, "I'm just fat with the fruits of my husband's labor, it's the great life we live!" And to the one that patted my belly, "You just patted bloat, I just ate a donut!" 😁 We're here for you if you need more support girl! Don't let these crazies get you down!
  • briittanyxxoo
    briittanyxxoo Posts: 40 Member
    "No, I'm not pregnant. I'm just fat."
    ^ This is my standard reply, and it usually embarrasses the heck out of people for asking. :D

Yes! Lol that my reply too!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    edited February 2019
    "when are you due?' is what I asked and the answer "I'm :# not pregnant but I'm fat and look pregnant - don't feel bad everyone says that" I will never ask that question again. :#
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    PRAISE THE LORD, another immaculate conception!
  • ko4qowen
    ko4qowen Posts: 13 Member
    Reminds me of the time I actually was pregnant, right around that in-between time at 5 mo. I had a male colleague wish me congratulations, but then added, “I was so glad to hear you were pregnant, I thought you had just let yourself go.” Remains to this day one of the strangest comments I’ve ever received. Anyway, OP, I hope you don’t let that discourage you!!