What Are Some Foods You Refuse to Eat Non/reduced Fat

Options

Replies

• BethE238
    BethE238 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I tried “lite” blue cheese dressing tonight - never again!
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    BethE238 wrote: »
    I tried “lite” blue cheese dressing tonight - never again!

I've been burned by "lite" blue cheese myself, only you're smarter than I am because I've done it more than once.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I'm fine with low fat dairy products but I can't choose the leanest cut of meat. I find it too dry and boring. So for mince for example I will go for 15% fat rather than 5%, I need some juices!
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I am so damn happy I gave up nonfat stuff. I've always eaten standard mayonnaise. However, over the last eight or so years we started eating standard yogurt, whole milk, all the butter (and good stuff, too), and I'm never looking back. My father is stuck in the whole fat is evil thing, so he drinks 1% and looks down on the fact that I eat Juanita's chips, because they taste amazing ("You know they have a LOT more fat, don't you?!").
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I'm not a milk drinker so 2% works fine for cooking. I've never used whole milk - so maybe I don't know what I'm missing :smile:
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    cheese is the big one for me.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Low fat sour cream is a no no for me. In Canada it's like milk jello. No thanks. I'd rather use Greek Yogurt or the real full fat sour cream.
  • ShayCarver89
    ShayCarver89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I won't drink full fat milk. Or eat ice cream. I mean I shouldn't because I'm lactose intolerant but still.
  • stephanne13
    stephanne13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    FireRox21 wrote: »
    I refuse to eat fat free or low fat mayonaise, any type of cheese, ice cream and salad dressing. Those are my cheat foods. I still measure out quantity, grams, calories, etc. But I just can't deny myself those foods.

The Kraft mayo made with avocado oil is good. It tastes pretty close to regular, IMO. Not as salty, though. I can't do low fat cheese any more.
  • MeganReid1991
    MeganReid1991 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I won’t give up my full fat French vanilla coffee creamer. I just use less now.
    I eat light cheese whenever I can & yogurt, sour cream. I also like the half the fat mayonnaise.
    I prefer light though vs no fat
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Milk, because that kinda defeats the purpose of fortifying it with Vitamin D (since Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin).
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hard cheese (there is a specific brand of reduced fat cream cheese that I like), yogurt, Greek yogurt, and ice cream. Most dairy products, really. Reduced fat milk is fine for some reason, so that's what I drink. My full fat foods are very similar to yours. I can do low fat mayo, but only a specific brand that I can't always find. When I don't have it, I eat full fat mayo.

I eat these foods not because they're my cheat foods, but because if I didn't, I would feel like I'm wasting my (fewer) calories on something I don't enjoy as much. I dislike the feeling of wasting calories, so I only eat things that taste good to me. Same goes for cauliflower rice and any food imitations that don't work for me. I like artificial sweeteners in drinks (not baked goods), so that's what I use when I want to sweeten a drink and choose diet drinks when I buy them.

I don't stubbornly shun all things commonly called "diet foods" because "I refuse to diet" or something, I just eat what I like and don't eat what I don't like. If I like something that is lower in calories just the same, why not have it instead of the higher calorie alternative? When I make an omelet, removing a yolk in exchange for more cheese is a good deal calorie and taste-wise, so I do that. When I make sunny side up, all yolks stay because that's the best part.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    I don’t do low fat anything. It’s almost always processed with extra sugar added.

False. Unless its flavoured it will not have sugar added.
    Yogurt = processed milk. Sugar is from milk.
    Strawberry yogurt = processed milk + a lot of other stuff.

and in this situation, you will also find that the full-cream strawberry yoghurt also has added sugar anyway.

I am fine with any low-fat products and normally prefer the taste anyway. That way I have extra calories for things I enjoy. I get plenty of fat in my diet from nuts and the like which I really like which makes it a win/win for me.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Reduced far Peanut Butter. It doesn't actually have less calories than regular peanut butter. They just remove natural healthy fats and replace it with processed carb filler.
  • phill_143
    phill_143 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hard cheese and homemade chocolate ice cream (I tried substituting single cream in the recipe for a while, before finally acknowledging it just didn't taste as good or freeze as well, compared to double cream).

For things like Greek yoghurt and cottage cheese, I actually prefer the taste of the lower fat versions by far (and the brands I get don't have added sugar to 'compensate') - so the lower calorie count and higher protein % is a bonus :)
  • OneRatGirl
    OneRatGirl Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I won't drink skimmed (no fat) milk. I don't mind semi-skimmed (2%) (although I prefer whole 4%), but for me skimmed milk tastes like slightly odd water.
    And I like proper butter, I don't mind spreadable versions, but I'm not going to low fat spreads. I'd rather less of the real stuff.

I am giving reduced fat cheddar a try, although it's 30% less fat, not really low, I know you can get 50% less fat ones.
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Since going on a budget, my calories have become precious and need to be as delicious as possible. So, full fat everything, full sugar everything. I also strongly prefer fattier cuts of meat and poultry. Good thing I'm not a volume eater.
  • allieeveryday
    allieeveryday Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    The only reason we drink/use 1% milk is because I grew up in a 2% household and my husband grew up in a skim-milk home. This is our compromise. :D