Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• wearefab
    wearefab Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    HI can I join in ? I have been eating a lot of sugar and peanut butter , and drinking a lot of whole milk and gaining.
    As seen as I'm only just 40 I'm not sure if this is an age thing....seems to me that I have to be perfect all the time or easily get 'flabby'.
    Several medical conditions don't help.
    I'm here to be accountable.
    My first goal is to only have one piece of bread if I'm having toast with a meal. Level more room for veg...not that I have any trouble with room !!
    My second goal is to quit drinking whole milk which is easy as Ive only been drinking it for two weeks and have run out now!
    I reckon that's enough and achievable.
    Go well everyone
  • fedupwithefat
    fedupwithefat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My February goal is 280,000 steps and lose 10lb!! ( and drink less wine! )
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Thank you @shortyjmorgan1 for the reminder. I needed that today as I forgot to pack my breakfast and had to go to the cafeteria. Ended up with an egg white omelette which I split in half and will eat the other half tomorrow. I usually have extra food at the office but the freezer needs to be defrosted so I have been trying to eat up what’s in there. Oh well, I think I made a decent choice. Just Keep Going!

Welcome @Molliepops35 and @wearefab :)
  • alannaenewman
    alannaenewman Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40 last September and had my last little one January 2018. Three kids in 4 years and 3 C sections has left me with 20-30 lbs to lose! Would love some accountability friends to check in with too. Have lost 5 lbs this month with working out and trying to log food which is my weak area. Nice to meet you all!
  • CellywithBellie
    CellywithBellie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Starting all over here too. 60 lbs to lose. :-(
  • nurseflips
    nurseflips Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone's week is off to a great start. Great to see lots of posts about exercising as it encourages me to get off my butt! It's an area I really struggle to stay motivated in but try to fit in five sessions a week (mostly walking and aerobics). I was slack yesterday so will push myself further today. :)
  • wearefab
    Options
    Seems harder to keep it off these days.
    I know, right? I just turned 40. I havent gained weight but goodness body composition has changed, and pre menstrually I put on inches and heaps of bloat all over - but not so much weigh. Weird.
    I guess as we age, its that muscle loss that I always heard about. Sarcopenia. We lose muscle easily so BMR goes down . Down significantly it seems! Go well :)

• wearefab
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    I am trying to challenge myself in February because in March I will be completing the Bataan Memorial Death March in Las Cruces which is a 26.2 miles hike in the desert and I am falling behind on training.

I think that kind of determination in a pre requisite for runners. You just gotta get out the door every day no matter what. You are almost inspiring me to go for a run early mornings before it gets too hot here. Im not sure my health will allow but I like the idea of it!
    Hope you are doing well :)
  • winodini
    winodini Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Starting all over here too. 60 lbs to lose. :-(

Have faith! You can accomplish this!

• Kahunacrystal74
    Kahunacrystal74 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Daily Motivation!

qdvbv61cugys.jpg

• Beckymae11
    Beckymae11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Also starting over again! I’m 44 and looking to loose 10-15 lbs. Feel free to add me!😀
  • lrdfit
    lrdfit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m 41...would love to lose 40 pounds but honestly I just want to feel fit and healthy...I’m starting to feel my age and a desk job has caught up with me. Feel free to add me.
  • Claire5520
    Claire5520 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    Can I join?
    I'm 43, 5'8, single mum, work full time. Getting the time to exercise is my biggest challenge. I'm trying and failing to stick to 1200 calories a day. I have a desk job which I hate, and stress eat.
    xx
  • suzyjmcd2
    suzyjmcd2 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Claire5520 wrote: »
    Hi all
    Can I join?
    I'm 43, 5'8, single mum, work full time. Getting the time to exercise is my biggest challenge. I'm trying and failing to stick to 1200 calories a day. I have a desk job which I hate, and stress eat.
    xx

I started out eating 1200 for a while, but I was unhappy with it, and was afraid I wouldn't stick with this. So I increased my calories to 1275. That 75 calories made a huge difference (for some reason) and I could fit in at least one treat each day. Now I'm back down to 1240 since I am 10 pounds from goal and things really slowed down... have to tweak a few things to get back on the move. But I do think you'll find that increasing your cals just a bit will make you a lot happier, and not feel like you're failing.

Have a great day!
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Claire5520 wrote: »
    Hi all
    Can I join?
    xx

I set an alarm for every hour and get up and take a short walk. Even if it is just down the hall. It helps me keep moving.
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    wearefab wrote: »
    azkunk wrote: »
    I am trying to challenge myself in February because in March I will be completing the Bataan Memorial Death March in Las Cruces which is a 26.2 miles hike in the desert and I am falling behind on training.

I think that kind of determination in a pre requisite for runners. You just gotta get out the door every day no matter what. You are almost inspiring me to go for a run early mornings before it gets too hot here. Im not sure my health will allow but I like the idea of it!
    Hope you are doing well :)

I actually walk it. I can't run because of knee injuries but enjoy getting out there and listening to the stories. This march honors World War II vets. So far I have made it out of the house every morning. Thanks for the support!
  • Rachelkvogel
    Rachelkvogel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and need to lose 70 lbs.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    WOW, look at all the new ladies in here, I LOVE it!!!! Way to keep this thread alive ladies! :):):)
    Awesome goal @fedupwithefat , YOU CAN DO IT!!!
    Great post @Kahunacrystal74 !! I love it:)
    I can totally relate @lrdfit and @Claire5520 ! I also am a desk jockey...lol I have a Garmin that reminds me to get up and move every hour. My co workers are used to me moving around the office now and just smile:)
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    8518te3xvkq5.jpg