Women in their 40s!

Replies

• ToriWulf
    ToriWulf Posts: 1 Member
    Well, when I opened up the URL for Women in their 40's and seen all you babies I didn't know what to think, I'm going to 48 this year and have a lot more to lose around 60-70 pounds, I gained 50 of those when I was laid up with a broken leg and my brother-in-law, best cook int he world, came to take care of me why my husband had to work then I put on more weight when I buckled down and got my diabetes Type I control back on track, I gained a lot less than the Dr expected but I still gained and now I have to buckle down and lose it all and I am going to! I would love to touch base with any of you willing but know up front I am not good about this whole blogging and community thing, also have other medical issues (diabetes, depression, anxiety and last but not least more recently Right left SI joint arthropathy/Facet joint arthropathy, L4-5 and L5-S1 which has caused me to have to stop working and limits my ability to excersize.
    I have a wonderful and supportive husband who tries very hard to help me all he can, I am very lucky to have found him. I will do my best to be just as supportive for any of you.
  • lcvku4rnki5h.jpg
    Sorry I have been MIA for a while, apparently I am not the only one!!
    Happy Hump Day Lovely Ladies!!!
  • victoria7482
    victoria7482 Posts: 3 Member
    Hey everyone , I’m looking to find some friends that are struggling like me and in need of encouragement and motivation , feel free to add me as a friend !
  • Clau_Ioana1202
    Clau_Ioana1202 Posts: 40 Member
    edited September 2018
    Hello! I am also struggling to find motivation, it seems that one day it's here, next day it;s gone. Especially when I am hungry and tired or if I have something to drink, my motivation goes out of the window...how do you keep it?

I don't have a lot of weight to lose but I don't want to get there, maybe 15 pounds or so.
  • ^^^^^ This right here is what it's all about!!!!!! Great reminder Lisa :):)
  • jhilkene
    jhilkene Posts: 104 Member
    I am also close to 40 and wanting to lose 10-15 pounds. More so though, I want to feel stronger and healthier. This app has always helped me stay on track before. Even small changes can make a big difference. Like cutting out soda, alcohol, or chips, or parking further away when you go places, taking the dog on an extra walk.
    Good luck and stay focused! We can do it!
  • amyjsparkles
    amyjsparkles Posts: 6,165 Member
    I just turned 40 this past year. I've lost 107 pounds and I need to lose around 120 more. Anyone can add me that would like! :)
  • lizmarie9855
    lizmarie9855 Posts: 12 Member
    Hello! Almost 41 here!My goal is to lose at least 20 lbs. I started five days ago and it has been helpful already. The fact that I can have track of my meals and my calorie counting makes it easier. Besides I’m feeling so inspired that today I even do exercises. I hope that I have the same enthusiasm tomorrow.
  • scolon05
    scolon05 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello to everyone, I’m 41 and ready to lose these 50lbs I’ve gain over the past 2 years. I’m at my heaviest EVER!! I’m unhappy and uncomfortable. Im thinking of starting the Keto diet, any advice?
  • lytningbolts
    lytningbolts Posts: 34 Member
    Mom23Mangos said it best. If staying in shape had been the most important thing to me then I wouldn’t have allowed myself to stress eat and slack off the exercising. I’m finally tired of feeling and looking like crap. This week, I decided to make changes. I’m 42 years old. I want to lose ten pounds by
    December and another ten by March. We can do this. We just have to want it and choose it.
  • emajarrett
    emajarrett Posts: 50 Member
    I've found best to go for a 1lb a week loss... so slow and steady. If i want cake I eat cake however, otherwise all I will think about it how much I need.... cake! Also I have learned not to log my exercise although I do a fair amount. I don't expect my exercise to help me lose weight really, it's about being healthy. I have 3lbs to go having dropped 14lbs. I then want to start focusing on building muscle as I'm still too high a fat % and way too low muscle %.
    I'm not sure where my motivation comes from.... I recently lost my mum to cancer and think that definately made me want to be more healthy but also a diet has given me something I feel in control of which has been a helpful focus. Clothes feel much more comfortable.... so maybe treating ourselves at every 7lbs loss would be a good motivator. Something new and fabulous.
  • clk142
    clk142 Posts: 10 Member
    I"m 42 and the heaviest I've ever been (almost at pregnancy weight without being pregnant). I'm determined to lose 30-35lbs! I've been on keto for almost a week and have crazy energy and no appetite. If it continue, I can see this being the way to lose the weight. Good luck on your journey- you can do this!!!
  • yogidani77
    yogidani77 Posts: 6,978 Member
    emajarrett wrote: »
    I've found best to go for a 1lb a week loss... so slow and steady. If i want cake I eat cake however, otherwise all I will think about it how much I need.... cake! Also I have learned not to log my exercise although I do a fair amount. I don't expect my exercise to help me lose weight really, it's about being healthy. I have 3lbs to go having dropped 14lbs. I then want to start focusing on building muscle as I'm still too high a fat % and way too low muscle %.
    I'm not sure where my motivation comes from.... I recently lost my mum to cancer and think that definately made me want to be more healthy but also a diet has given me something I feel in control of which has been a helpful focus. Clothes feel much more comfortable.... so maybe treating ourselves at every 7lbs loss would be a good motivator. Something new and fabulous.

We have similar stories. My dad recently died of cancer. I say recently but really it has been almost a year now. But he was part of what motivated me to lose weight. He was concerned about my weight before he passed. I also eat treats if I want to eat treats and I burn them off with extra exercise. Losing weight is about a lifestyle change. I only make changes that I know I can stick with. I log my food everyday and my exercise. I have reached my goal weight but like you I still need to build muscle and lose fat. I wish you luck on your journey! So sorry to hear about your mother.
  • lillyhg
    lillyhg Posts: 5 Member
    Hi there I just found this group. I turned 40 last week (eek!) and have renewed by energy to lose weight.

I put on about 30lbs 2 years ago when I broke my ankle, and despite what felt like my best efforts since (using MFP, exercising) I haven't shifted it. I would lose 9lbs, then it would creep back on (maybe plus another 1 or 2lbs).

I've decided I need to try harder, so I've started again this Monday. I'm on Slim Fast and so eating 1,200 calories a day and I am really struggling. I'm exhausted, going to bed at 9pm (usually it'd be midnight), and yesterday afternoon I was so dizzy and light-headed I nearly fainted.

I don't know if it's because I'm not eating more to compensate for the exercise - I exercise between 30-90 minutes a day (cycling to work and walking dogs, but both done quite vigorously). I used to eat more if I exercised before, but then I didn't lose any weight. I just find eating so little really hard - I'm not just tired, I'm irritable and have burst into a tears more than once for no reason.

Should I be eating more? I'm doing well this week so far, and I don't want to give up if this is just a "hump" I need to get over. What do you think?
  • tecat810
    tecat810 Posts: 4,463 Member
    Hello! Feel free to add me as well.
    44. Have twenty to go and lost twenty-six in the past five months. Would love the community aspect.
  • ashivnc
    ashivnc Posts: 22 Member
    Please add me! I’m 41. Struggling to lose ten pounds that seems to have located allllll in my belly. Can’t get the scale to budge. Just want my pants to fit and to be healthy. Work full time and have two toddlers so struggle to find time for exercise and healthy cooking or even tracking but reallllllly want to lose this weight! I seriously look 5 months pregnant.
  • schmoo_08
    schmoo_08 Posts: 8 Member
    Hey, I turned 45 in July and want to lose about 10lbs, so happy to link up for motivational support 😊
  • Hi ladies!

My name is Kelly. I’m 41, stay at home mommy of 3, trying to lose about 65 pounds, which seems so far away! I’d love to connect with you all! It would be fun to have friends on a similar journey.

Hope you all are having a great week! 😊