Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 40 (41 in December) and about a year and a half ago lost 20lbs here...but then life happened and I let myself put 10lbs of that back on.

Back here again to lose what I regained, and then carry on to my goal (about 20lb to lose).

I think my biggest issue at times I have put on weight is activity levels - first time I put on weight (in my 20s) was when I started working a desk job.
    Next time (other than 2x pregnancies in the meantime) was when I broke my ankle.
    And last time was when I was still having ankle issues, ending with further surgery.
    So now I'm trying to up my activity levels and get some regular, consistent exercise...with limited success so far, but it's a work in progress.

Also along the way, I've had other medical issues - which didn't stop me from being able to lose weight, but when they were bad I was not at all in the right headspace to deal with weight or fitness (no spoons left for that - was just dragging myself through the days). Now that things are going better with that, I'm ready to get going.

Right, enough about me - off to take my dog for a quick walk. No more excuses.

• fmize7
    fmize7 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am 39 years old. Almost there... I have 20 pounds that I want to lose. Im still trying to lose the weight since having my last child 3 years ago!! Its been a lot of ups and downs. I really want to do it as I have lost the weight with all of my other kids. I just haven't been able to prioritize it. I also began using food as comfort for the stress in my life after I had her. The weight bothers me but I have tried to pretend that it doesn't. I really want to meet my goal!
  • somethingsoright
    somethingsoright Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Ironlady70 wrote: »
    Almost 49 and started my weightloss journey when I was 46 1/2 (130 down added 20 back in muscle) all with PCOS, celiac, anemia, a fractured spine, major shoulder injuries and degenerating lower back discs to name a few things If I can do it anyone can :)

Talk about success! How you do manage the weight training with the disc degeneration? Every time I get serious about training, my back goes out. It's like once I reach a certain poundage, my back isn't having any of it. I increase weight slowly and warm up first. Don't know what else to do.
  • InvisoningMe
    InvisoningMe Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :) Im 47 & really need to lose 50+ pounds. Feel free to add me :) Have a great day !
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    cxcw1q7lttqc.png
    Happy Friday Eve Ladies!!
    So awesome to see this thread is still going :):)
    I hope you all have a Fabulous Thursday and remember, Be Kind to yourself!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    You came to the right place @jmgr9993 !!!! You will love the community here :)
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    cmqa4yfwv4fg.jpg
    This morning I woke up and hit my goal weight again for the third time around :) At least this time it was only 5 vanity pounds :)
    I have been here since August 2016 and it's been a wonderful ride!
    Happy Fantastic Friday Lovely Ladies!!!
    Get out there and smash some goals today, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!
  • fmize7
    Options
    Katreise wrote: »
    Hi Ladies Im Katreise and i am 47 years old and i am struggling just staying motivated! my PMS is kicking my but..i have these bouts of energy then CRASH! im out for 2-3 weeks just tired. BUT...i started taking iron I forgot all about it! So im glad to say i have more energy but some days the dragging is real!

Me too! I hear ya. Lets keep at it one PMSy exhausted day at a time...
  • fmize7
    Options
    Ironlady70 wrote: »
    Almost 49 and started my weightloss journey when I was 46 1/2 (130 down added 20 back in muscle) all with PCOS, celiac, anemia, a fractured spine, major shoulder injuries and degenerating lower back discs to name a few things If I can do it anyone can :)

This is AMAZING. Great job! I love how you say if you can do it anyone can. So inspiring.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    nexangelus wrote: »
    43, UK based, weightlifting fan (premature menopause)...I eat more than most, because I do not have a desk job...walk, cycle, swim and sometimes run (the knees won't allow me much nowadays)...add me if you want more middle aged fitness pals! Oh I have around 30-35 lbs to lose still...

I am now 44...post-menopausal and I have 21 lbs left to lose...now training for a strongman/woman competition (U75kg category/class) in November.
  • jmgr9993
    jmgr9993 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    So first week with MFP and I am already starting to notice a difference with my energy level, outlook, and sleep. I have been on a much need stay at home vacation this week focusing on myself for a change. I am so busy taking care of everyone else I started to lose myself and sacrificing my health in the process. This week I did chair yoga for the first time! Discovered geocaching with my family. It is an app that pretty much takes you on a treasure hunt. It forces you to be outside and exercise. Everyday we walk 5 plus miles. I love hiking in the woods in the fall. It was very refreshing!! Thank you for the inspiring post in this tread. I look forward to a better me each week 😊
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    dnq1ouslzb9s.jpg
    Happy Tuesday Lovely Ladies!!!
    Second day of Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 down in the books......OMG Doms tomorrow :o It's all good, it's the best type of pain!!

• jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    jmgr9993 wrote: »
    So first week with MFP and I am already starting to notice a difference with my energy level, outlook, and sleep. I have been on a much need stay at home vacation this week focusing on myself for a change. I am so busy taking care of everyone else I started to lose myself and sacrificing my health in the process. This week I did chair yoga for the first time! Discovered geocaching with my family. It is an app that pretty much takes you on a treasure hunt. It forces you to be outside and exercise. Everyday we walk 5 plus miles. I love hiking in the woods in the fall. It was very refreshing!! Thank you for the inspiring post in this tread. I look forward to a better me each week 😊

Oh, thanks for the reminder abiut geocaching - my son in particular loved it, and even did that with friends for his birthday party this year!
    It's spring here, so also a beautiful time to be out walking ☺️
  • MissLotte
    MissLotte Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I'm 40 and have about 38lbs to lose. I have a deadline of June 2019 as I'm going to be a bridesmaid in July. Always happy to accept new friends and people to keep me accountable for my actions. I mostly follow MFP calorie guidelines and I walk as much as I can. Also trying a new thing at the moment for me, to cut out the majority of my dairy and gluten products to hopefully help me feel a bit better. Good luck everyone!!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    jtnr7rvcwnl1.jpg
    Boy isn't this the truth!!!
    Happy Halloween Ladies, I hope you have a Fabulous and safe Halloween!
    Keep smashing those goals!!!
  • JessicaMarcini
    JessicaMarcini Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40 and looking to lose 10 lbs. Staying motivated is tough. I am physically fit, but have trouble keeping on track with nutrition. Anyone here think if you exercise then you can eat whatever?? This used to be the case. Not when you hit 40! Ha!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies, I hope you all had a great Halloween!
    I agree @JessicaMarcini , staying motivated is tough!!!! We can do it though, JUST KEEP POSITIVE:)
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Happy Hump Day Ladies!!