How long do you think it took her to look like this?

Replies

• Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    @JBanx256 Thank you :)

You've answered my question and then some. Some moons ago I had a coach, but even after that I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing, but folks here have been awesome with answers, hence the question to the OP. It seems legit questions in every sub-forum here never linger long before someone steps up.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited February 2019
    Phirrgus wrote: »

You've answered my question and then some. Some moons ago I had a coach, but even after that I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing, but folks here have been awesome with answers, hence the question to the OP. It seems legit questions in every sub-forum here never linger long before someone steps up.

I dont know if your question was a direct genuine question for me or if you had other motives. Still I don’t see the point to your question or what why matters who I used as an example. I’m sure I would’ve gotten the same answers. Unless I’m not understanding your question?
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    leeshults wrote: »
    She's now on Celebrity Big Brother and I have not seen her eat yet.....

I can guarantee you she eats...you don't get that kind of musculature without eating. She's lean, but she aint skinny...

Yea, she eats. Muscle definition doesn’t come from starvation diets. She’s talked about her training & diet before. She does a mix of stuff. Cross fit, HIIT, yoga. And eats a Paleo style diet. I think she looks great.
  • Phirrgus
    vanityy99 wrote: »

I dont know if your question was a direct genuine question for me or if you had other motives. Still I don’t see the point to your question or what why matters who I used as an example. I’m sure I would’ve gotten the same answers. Unless I’m not understanding your question?

@vanityy99

No motives, and not trying to criticize either. I saw the post as a "How do I get here?". Apologies if I misunderstood your motive for posting the OP.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member

@vanityy99

No motives, and not trying to criticize either. I saw the post as a "How do I get here?". Apologies if I misunderstood your motive for posting the OP.

Apologies if I misunderstood something also. I can be a slow poke sometimes 😊
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Personally I will never look like that. She's a lot taller than me for one thing, her hips are wider and her torso is longer. You should try to look like the best version of yourself rather than somone else.
  • Phirrgus

@vanityy99

Apologies if I misunderstood something also. I can be a slow poke sometimes 😊

I am right there with you lol. Best fortune to you whatever goals you pursue :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Well, off the back of this thread and the article about her training regime linked up-thread, I'm going to save that picture as a screensaver on my phone. I'll look at it in the morning before I try putting weights on the Olympic bar for the first time.

So if this thread has achieved nothing else, I'm sure the local chiropractor will appreciate the custom. Talking of which, er, guys? Can someone be ready to call the chiropractor for me at about 9.25am tomorrow?

What time zone? ;)
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Well, off the back of this thread and the article about her training regime linked up-thread, I'm going to save that picture as a screensaver on my phone. I'll look at it in the morning before I try putting weights on the Olympic bar for the first time.

So if this thread has achieved nothing else, I'm sure the local chiropractor will appreciate the custom. Talking of which, er, guys? Can someone be ready to call the chiropractor for me at about 9.25am tomorrow?

What time zone? ;)
    I'm GMT. Will that be a problem?

• quiksylver296

What time zone? ;)
    I'm GMT. Will that be a problem?

Yeah, I'll be sleeping. Don't die, ok?
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    edited February 2019
    Ok. I’ve read through this thread... I keep coming back to it again and again, but help me out here (ladies specifically).

Someone here posted that Eva Marie (the one in the photo) is 5’8” and weighs 125 pounds. Can any women here confirm that this is is a legitimate weight for someone who is that tall and looks like that?

I know comparison is the thief of joy and I DO NOT want to get down to that weight but...

I am 5’8” and am currently 174. I have the strength to do a few unassisted pull-ups (just to give you an idea of my muscle composition because I don’t know my fat% but could guess if you want me to). My goal weight is 165... and I’ve been between 165 and 170 and have been happy there. The lowest I could ever see myself at is 150 but anything lower than that I’d think I’d look either fitness competition-ready or ill.

Really? 125? Can anyone chime in on this? I am not asking to criticize - that weight seems ridiculously low. And she isn’t super shredded.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    edited February 2019
    a year if you trained in a dedicated way. so here is the thing about working out - you really don't have to have your heart in it for it to work...just go through the motions the results will be the same. but yes...people do like to make A HUGE FIASCO OUT OF IT - pick the weights up and put them down
  • quiksylver296
    rosiorama wrote: »
    Ok. I’ve read through this thread... I keep coming back to it again and again, but help me out here (ladies specifically).

Someone here posted that Eva Marie (the one in the photo) is 5’8” and weighs 125 pounds. Can any women here confirm that this is is a legitimate weight for someone who is that tall and looks like that?

I know comparison is the thief of joy and I DO NOT want to get down to that weight but...

I am 5’8” and am currently 174. I have the strength to do a few unassisted pull-ups (just to give you an idea of my muscle composition because I don’t know my fat% but could guess if you want me to). My goal weight is 165... and I’ve been between 165 and 170 and have been happy there. The lowest I could ever see myself at is 150 but anything lower than that I’d think I’d look either fitness competition-ready or ill.

Really? 125? Can anyone chime in on this? I am not asking to criticize - that weight seems ridiculously low. And she isn’t super shredded.

I'm 5'9, and that weight is way out of my range as well. Bottom end goal is approximately 155-160 for me.

But I know people are different and it is possible.
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member

I'm 5'9, and that weight is way out of my range as well. Bottom end goal is approximately 155-160 for me.

Thanks. I’m 44. I think the last time I weighed in the 120s was probably in high school. Or earlier.
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    edited February 2019

It's certainly within the realm of possibility that she is that weight at that height. Her BMI is 19.0 at those stats so still within the healthy range.

Most UFC fighters in the women's flyweight division tend to be between 5' 3" and 5' 6" but Katlyn Chookagian is 5' 9". She is pictured below on the left. The other fighter is Liz Carmouche who is 5' 6" and is, IMHO, one of the most muscled and among the strongest P4P of the women fighters out there.

The thing to keep in mind is that these are professional athletes, the cream of the crop, the 1%. Most people can't and won't compare to them.

b70dxz50br17.png
  • quiksylver296

Thanks. I’m 44. I think the last time I weighed in the 120s was probably in high school. Or earlier.

Ha! I turn 44 in less than a month.

I know I was in the 140s my junior and senior year of high school. I couldn't tell you when I weighed 125.