A grazer...especially when bored! Snack ideas needed, please!!

Options
2»

Replies

• jaysgirl092516
    jaysgirl092516 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    shira324 wrote: »
    I'm with you. I've been trying to find activities to make me forget my hunger for years, and have yet to be successful.

I like popcorn, pita chips and dry cereal. I do keep a set of measuring cups in my desk at work to help with my portions. Or I buy the individually portioned boxes of cereal. I'm a big fan of individually wrapped items. I feel a little bad about wasting plastic and killing the planet and whatnot, but I need that extra help to stop me from eating the whole bag/box.

I also find that if I'm craving sweets, the only thing that will fulfill that need is real, actual, chocolate. I keep small, individual wrapped chocolates in the freezer at work and at home. They take longer to eat when they're cold, and ease my cravings.

@shira324 -- Someone that gets it! Thanks for your support. I am an Executive Assistant, so pretty much on the computer at my desk all day. We do not get scheduled breaks, lunch is only a half hour and not in the best area for me to go out for a walk. Unfortunately, this habit has been with me even as a child. It was easier for me to quit smoking than it is to break the habit of grazing! Ugh. I am getting a little better, but still a struggle. I am going to make a serious effort to increase my water intake when I feel hungry to see if it helps.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    • something to sip that has no calories, such as a mug of tea/coffee or a bottle of water/diet something.
    • Come up with a work project that will keep you mentally engaged (re-organize something, design improved database layouts, fix some other thing that is currently stupidly inefficient...)(may or may not be a possibility -- if work days often involve short simple tasks that pop up with high frequency, then something requiring longer segments of concentration might not be doable with constant interruptions).
    • Short non-work tasks while waiting between work tasks (reconcile/categorize recent receipts, organize a/multiple to-do lists, something to read,..)
  • lawson6291
    lawson6291 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Roasted almonds
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Alot to do with eating personality too.
    I despise sit down meat and potato meals.
    I like "eat with your hands" appetizer like meals.
    My perfect wedding reception is one with nothing but tables of appetizers and small plates with no cutlery.
    Incorporate this style throughout the day within your calorie range.
    This is my style😁
  • reachout3444
    reachout3444 Posts: 7 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    a brisk walk or a few trips up and down stairs, lost 10 pounds by doing that and quieted snack monster. Also eating carbs led me to cycle of getting hungry more often, like telling my brain, you snacked an hour ago time to snack again. So nicked the carbs, popcorn, carrots, fruits, etc. and replaced with a brisk walk, or a few (in private and no wheels on chair and chair with back to wall to prevent slip) hands on edge of chair and drop butt to floor like upsidedown push ups, also gum or caffeine makes me ravenous. Organic celery sticks satisfy the crunch need, if I have calories to spare I'll mash avocado onto the celery. A half cup cooked ground beef or an boiled egg with a celery stick can hold be off for hours, if truly boredom then pick less carb crunchy veggies, the carbs will start another craving in about 20 minutes.
  • nationalvillage3215
    Options
    I eat sugar free jello
  • keemee9
    keemee9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fudge bars!! 100 calorie treat always feels like a treat
  • April8114
    April8114 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Homemade, lacto-fermented sauerkraut. Incredible stuff!! Kills the urge to graze and feeds your gut trillions of beneficial microbes that heal the gut which has an incredible ripple effect. I grab a forkful and munch. Instant and lasting gratification. It’s my secret weapon.