Less Alcohol - February 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,562 Member
    Options
    Goal: 4AF days per week. It is a short month.

February 1 - 3 drinks
    February 2 - AF
    February 3 - 3 drinks - Superbowl was boring this year. I have to rack up some AF days!
    February 4 - AF
    February 5 - AF
    February 6 - AF
    February 7 - 3 drinks
    February 8 - AF, but was planning on some champagne in the bubble bath. I had such a nice dinner that I didn't have any calories left for champagne - heavy whipping cream chicken pesto with linguine. Lots of calories, but all within my range for the day.
    February 9
    February 10
    February 11
    February 12
    February 13
    February 14
    February 15
    February 16
    February 17
    February 18
    February 19
    February 20
    February 21
    February 22
    February 23
    February 24
    February 25
    February 26
    February 27
    February 28

Running tab: 5 AF days out of 8 days - need at least 11 more AF days to hit my goal for the month.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    February accountability ~8 days so far
    No Alcohol: 6 days
    Alcohol: 2 days (4 drinks)
    Goal: AF days 4 per week / 16 per month
    You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine. - John C. Maxwell

Including the last few days of January to monitor my weekly goal which I surpassed!
    Jan 28 - AF
    Jan 29 - AF ! Yeah me! Dining Out group.
    Jan 30 - AF Office celebration mexican restaurant without margaritas
    Jan 31 - Planned 2 but kept to 1 glass wine! Celebrating retirement from company after 30 years
    Feb 1 - AF
    Feb 2 - AF Brunch without mimosas
    Feb 3 - AF

Feb 4 - AF
    Feb 5 - AF - I wanted a bottle of wine but we didn’t buy it.
    Feb 6 - AF - DH wanted a bottle of wine but we passed.
    Feb 7 - Bunco: 2 glasses wine (planned for 1 but poured myself a 2nd out of habit)
    Feb 8 - 2 glasses wine
    Feb 9 -
    Feb 10 -
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    BuffMom84 wrote: »
    I live in a rental duplex and the landlord decided to sell the place. So now we are not sure if we're even going to be able to live here much longer and may have to move without much notice.

Usually when things like this happen I get stressed out and drink a lot.

@BuffMom84 I hope things workout in your favor during this rough time. Fingers crossed. 💓
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    Sitting in a pub for lunch. And for the first time in what seems like, forever, I have not ordered an alcoholic drink.
    Nice going @FeelinFooFoo. This is my "new normal" and people now understand and accept it. Your a trend setter!
    Also love the goals your putting out there for everyone to see.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    @feelingfoofoo Awesome! Feels great to make those positive chsnges! I already did a nice hard workout job Sat morning and going for a hike! After AF life is great!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Yes in US - California. It’s even cold for here.. Yes so much easier and enjoyable not being hungover!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,562 Member
    Options
    Goal: 4AF days per week. It is a short month.

February 1 - 3 drinks
    February 2 - AF
    February 3 - 3 drinks - Superbowl was boring this year. I have to rack up some AF days!
    February 4 - AF
    February 5 - AF
    February 6 - AF
    February 7 - 3 drinks
    February 8 - AF, but was planning on some champagne in the bubble bath. I had such a nice dinner that I didn't have any calories left for champagne - heavy whipping cream chicken pesto with linguine. Lots of calories, but all within my range for the day.
    February 9 - AF
    February 10
    February 11
    February 12
    February 13
    February 14
    February 15
    February 16
    February 17
    February 18
    February 19
    February 20
    February 21
    February 22
    February 23
    February 24
    February 25
    February 26
    February 27
    February 28

Running tab: 6 AF days out of 9 days - need at least 10 more AF days to hit my goal for the month.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Just wanted to share that I've made it through the 2nd weekend in February and still going strong AF since Jan 1! I'm amazed that it's getting easier and I don't obsess over the fact that I'm not drinking my nightly glass of wine. In January I was still struggling with trying to distract myself from it and feeling deprived. I don't feel deprived anymore, I just feel good that I'm making a healthier choice right now.

Love 💕 and feel the same way!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    This evening is a great example of enjoying AF for me. This evening I was a bit sideways over a few things. In the past it would have EASILY been please pour the wine faster!! In turn, would always make things worse. I am thankful I was able to change my attitude and now going to enjoy the rest of the evening rather than pondering on things that are unnecessary. Win Win!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    February accountability ~10 days so far
    No Alcohol: 8 days
    Alcohol: 2 days (4 drinks)
    Goal: AF days 4 per week / 16 per month
    You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine. - John C. Maxwell

Including the last few days of January to monitor my weekly goal which I surpassed!
    Jan 28 - AF
    Jan 29 - AF ! Yeah me! Dining Out group.
    Jan 30 - AF Office celebration mexican restaurant without margaritas
    Jan 31 - Planned 2 but kept to 1 glass wine! Celebrating retirement from company after 30 years
    Feb 1 - AF
    Feb 2 - AF Brunch without mimosas
    Feb 3 - AF

Hit my target of 4 AF days per week again! This is getting easier. It is all about balancing my life choices.
    Feb 4 - AF
    Feb 5 - AF - I wanted a bottle of wine but we didn’t buy it.
    Feb 6 - AF - DH wanted a bottle of wine but we passed.
    Feb 7 - Bunco: 2 glasses wine (planned for 1 but poured myself a 2nd out of habit)
    Feb 8 - 2 glasses wine
    Feb 9 - AF
    Feb 10 - AF