How can I gain muscle as a beginner? (Photo inc.)

Options
2»

Replies

• sdavidfuchs
    sdavidfuchs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    I watch TONS of YouTube videos to continuously give me different ideas on how to lift, and how to lift properly.

I can't recommend this enough. I have several "issues" I have to work around, and youtube is loaded with videos on proper form, alternatives to common exercises, how to improve mobility...it's endless. You'll often see some good discussion in the comments as well...if you can school yourself to avoid the trolls that is. Just a great resource for fitness.

Athlena-x has great videos updated about 3 times a week
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    I watch TONS of YouTube videos to continuously give me different ideas on how to lift, and how to lift properly.

I can't recommend this enough. I have several "issues" I have to work around, and youtube is loaded with videos on proper form, alternatives to common exercises, how to improve mobility...it's endless. You'll often see some good discussion in the comments as well...if you can school yourself to avoid the trolls that is. Just a great resource for fitness.

Athlena-x has great videos updated about 3 times a week

Jeff is one of my primaries - I can't keep up with with some of his content (Xero looking at you) but yeah, he has some of the best stuff out there imo.
  • billkansas
    billkansas Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My favorite beginner program is Starting Strength. I lifted for years (tried many programs via books and magazines) with little progress until I ran across it. The book is excellent and there are numerous free resources such as youtube videos, a forum, etc. Now at 50, my squat, bench, deadlift are among the best at my gym and I only train twice per week now.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Just pick a program, when it comes down to it...it really doesn't matter which one. You will gain strength and/or muscle on just about anything since you are untrained.

After 2-4 months and lifts show first sign of stalling, find more advanced programming.