vollkornbloedchen Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    k0pplcov8bqy.jpg
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    k0pplcov8bqy.jpg

I think someone needs to make one asking if it's been less than 6 weeks and if you have started any new exercise this one doesn't seem to cover all the possibilities although it's a good place to start
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    angelsja wrote: »
    k0pplcov8bqy.jpg

I think someone needs to make one asking if it's been less than 6 weeks and if you have started any new exercise this one doesn't seem to cover all the possibilities although it's a good place to start

Isn't new exercise covered pretty well in the first "has it been less than 3 weeks?" box? idk. I hardly every use the flowchart since it's impossible for people using a screen reader to glean info from it, but I don't think there'd be any harm in making your own to use if you don't like this one by lemonlionheart.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    A prime example of why eyeballing doesn't work....

n6s88ad7wtsq.jpg

I want to add some reinforcement to this. 2 tbsp is not a whole lot, easy to get it wrong. 2 tbsp x 7 days a week = a whopping 1330 calories. There are so many other calorie dense foods out there - it's not hard to get it way wrong when guessing ;)

Not to mention the fact that a tbsp generally means a level tablespoon, not what most people dig out with a tablespoon lol

I only had one glass of wine!

ashwib2dtkn0.jpg

Oh, yeah, before Weight Watchers opened my eyes to wine points/calories my glass when gardening outdoors was one of the big red ones - and I could put away two on a good night.

red-carlisle-drinking-glasses-522410-64_1000.jpg
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    And, since I haven't seen anyone else say it:

Scanning the barcode isn't necessarily accurate.

So much this! I've scanned barcodes and come up with huge errors in calories and/or really strange measurements (liquid measures for pasta, for instance). I always check each entry the first time I use it - if it comes up in my frequent food list I know I've already validated it, but anything I have to search for in the database gets the once-over.

BTW, I've been at maintenance for a year and still weigh and log. It takes a few minutes and gives me confidence for when I have to guesstimate for meals I don't prepare myself.

I've scanned barcodes and had it come up with a completely different food! I treat it with just as much skepticism as every other MFP database entry.
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

n6s88ad7wtsq.jpg

I want to add some reinforcement to this. 2 tbsp is not a whole lot, easy to get it wrong. 2 tbsp x 7 days a week = a whopping 1330 calories. There are so many other calorie dense foods out there - it's not hard to get it way wrong when guessing ;)

Not to mention the fact that a tbsp generally means a level tablespoon, not what most people dig out with a tablespoon lol

ashwib2dtkn0.jpg

Oh, yeah, before Weight Watchers opened my eyes to wine points/calories my glass when gardening outdoors was one of the big red ones - and I could put away two on a good night.

Nice! Keeping it classy :lol:

I have these cups, and they are the epitome of classy.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

n6s88ad7wtsq.jpg

ashwib2dtkn0.jpg

Nice! Keeping it classy :lol:

I drink diet ginger ale out of wine glasses sometimes...