Less Alcohol - February 2019 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• nvasquez41
    nvasquez41 Posts: 59 Member
    I had a few drinks for Valentines day yesterday, my husband and I work in the service industry and we were both off for the first time since we've known each other! It was so nice to be off work, not having to deal with the Valentines day madness and I decided a few cocktails seemed appropriate. I had 3 cocktails in about a 6 hour span but I am ready to finish out February AF.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Congrats on those who practiced mindful drinking on Valentine's Day and woke up feeling good about their choice.

As for me, I stayed dry, which is probably the first V-Day in 5 years or so that I did not do my usual "Pizza and wine is my valentine" dinner!

Still AF for 2019 with 46 days gone by. Heading into the 3rd weekend in Feb and don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. I thought I'd have the hardest time unwinding after work and I would miss the tipsy feeling. Instead I've been finding new workouts to try and dancing every night which gives me lots of feel good endorphins. I'm amazed that I crave that feeling over the one wine gave me and I think I'm happier at home without the booze right now.
  • mainelylisa
    mainelylisa Posts: 375 Member
    @MissMay Your post made me smile. You know, it's a woman's prerogative. You've done so fantastic and who cares if there's a predictable pattern (boring)--a healthy pattern is all that matters and you've got that down pat!
  • mainelylisa
    mainelylisa Posts: 375 Member
    @AbandondedKSCharger Dust yourself off and be proud of being more cognizant--and tracking--which is super easy to drop once the drinks go back or food goes down. Yes, start planning AF days. I really wanted a glass or two of wine tonight--and likely would have had I been alone. But even if I have, that doesn't negate the good work I've done and am going to do. Here's to a fantastic weekend!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    Goal: 4AF days per week. It is a short month.

February 1 - 3 drinks
    February 2 - AF
    February 3 - 3 drinks - Superbowl was boring this year. I have to rack up some AF days!
    February 4 - AF
    February 5 - AF
    February 6 - AF
    February 7 - 3 drinks
    February 8 - AF, but was planning on some champagne in the bubble bath. I had such a nice dinner that I didn't have any calories left for champagne - heavy whipping cream chicken pesto with linguine. Lots of calories, but all within my range for the day.
    February 9 - AF
    February 10 - 3 drinks
    February 11 - AF
    February 12 - AF
    February 13 - 3 drinks
    February 14 - AF
    February 15 - AF - Mulled wine at my house tomorrow, in between the snowmobile events, bands and fireworks. (We will be out standing in the snow, the streets are closed for the event). The mulled wine will simmer all day. Really looking forward to some wintery fun and the smell that my house will take on from the cinnamon and cloves, oranges, port and wine. I like that I have known about it for weeks and am happy to have racked up AF days this month. If I don't feel well Sunday morning I will just stay in bed.
    February 16
    February 17
    February 18
    February 19
    February 20
    February 21
    February 22
    February 23
    February 24
    February 25
    February 26
    February 27
    February 28

Running tab: 10 AF days out of 15 days - need at least 6 more AF days to hit my goal for the month.

• BuffMom84
    BuffMom84 Posts: 180 Member
    Right as I told myself to not drink two days in a row, I drank on Valentine's Day and yesterday. Sigh. My husband annoyed me so much on Valentine's Day that I caved and drank kind of a lot. Yesterday I only had a few beers. Well, all I can do is move on and make next week better.

There was an offer on our house and the person who is buying it is going to rent it out so if they aren't a terrible landlord and our rent stays the same, we are staying here for now. Hoping to buy our own house next year!
  • nvasquez41
    BuffMom84 wrote: »
    I also let myself drink on Valentines day and also again today.

My husband and I both met at a restaurant with a very toxic work culture, I left about 3 years ago and he has finally left the company today. Yes, he has gotten some great managerial experience but it's time for some proper work/life balance. His very last day after 7 years was today and I had to bust open the sparking rose he got me for Valentines day. We shared the sparkling rose and then I also sipped on an 18 year old Johnnie Walker.

Even though we wouldn't have met each other if not for that place I am so glad we can finally close that chapter of our lives. Tomorrow we will be painting some rooms in our house, trying to bring some new energy into our lives.

I'm really living for this thread, so much positivity and empathy for one another.
  • nvasquez41
    Also, sorry if I did that whole quoting and then replying thing wrong. I'm still sort of new to working around all this.
  • BuffMom84 wrote: »
    Right as I told myself to not drink two days in a row, I drank on Valentine's Day and yesterday. Sigh. My husband annoyed me so much on Valentine's Day that I caved and drank kind of a lot. Yesterday I only had a few beers. Well, all I can do is move on and make next week better.

There was an offer on our house and the person who is buying it is going to rent it out so if they aren't a terrible landlord and our rent stays the same, we are staying here for now. Hoping to buy our own house next year!

Good luck with the new potential owners
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited February 2019
    February accountability ~16 days so far
    No Alcohol: 10 days
    Alcohol: 6 days (11 drinks)
    Goal: AF days 4 per week / 16 per month
    You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine. - John C. Maxwell

Including the last few days of January to monitor my weekly goal which I surpassed!
    Jan 28 - AF
    Jan 29 - AF ! Yeah me! Dining Out group.
    Jan 30 - AF Office celebration mexican restaurant without margaritas
    Jan 31 - Planned 2 but kept to 1 glass wine! Celebrating retirement from company after 30 years
    Feb 1 - AF
    Feb 2 - AF Brunch without mimosas
    Feb 3 - AF

Hit my target of 4 AF days per week again! This is getting easier. It is all about balancing my life choices.
    Feb 4 - AF
    Feb 5 - AF - I wanted a bottle of wine but we didn’t buy it.
    Feb 6 - AF - DH wanted a bottle of wine but we passed.
    Feb 7 - Bunco: 2 glasses wine (planned for 1 but poured myself a 2nd out of habit)
    Feb 8 - 2 glasses wine
    Feb 9 - AF
    Feb 10 - AF

Feb 11 - AF
    Feb 12 - AF
    Feb 13 - 3 glasses wine. DD moving day. DD’s thank you for us caring for their dog for 3 days while they packed and then helping with the move all day … was wine, pizza & Randazzo’s king cake. DH & my first date Feb 13 seems like a zillion years ago.
    Note: Challenging weekend ahead (next 4 nights). Usually I have 3-5 drinks per night at the fishing camp. Plus my sister will be there and she brought bottles of wine. Plan 1 drink per evening.
    Feb 14 - 2 beers sunset at the fishing camp this weekend
    Feb 15 - 1 glass of wine with Mom's 82nd birthday dinner
    Feb 16 - 1 beer
    Feb 17 -
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited February 2019
    @mainelylisa thanks for the encouragement. Also love your nifty profile pic. Hope your holding it all together down your way.

@BuffMom84 fingers crossed you get to stay in the place your in right now. Little slip ups can be over come. Your still doing better than in the past. Thoughts are with you.

@forestdweller1 excellent phrase you wrote: Exes are exes for a reason...whether they come in human form or in a bottle.
    Chianti, you are beautiful, and have been my companion for many years, relieving stress, accompanying happy times, but you became a habit I find hard to break. Farewell for now...perhaps forever.
    We really need to print that on a T-shirt.

@Womona hope you get to that goal weight your striving for. Don't let your drinking brain talk you out of it. :)

@Lilylady3k is still having a great time at camp. Enjoy. The only camps here where I am this time of year are ICE fishing ( no fun)

@AbandondedKSCharger I really like your full steam ahead plunge into your journey with less alcohol. This thread was started as far back as 2017 I believe (way before I happened on to it) under the challenge category. There are times I don't want it to be seen as "challenge" as much as I want it to be seen as a positive life time change for us all.
    YES, there are some on here that want more AF days than others. But in the end we are all headed in the same direction. 😉

For some reason the mydrinkaware site I track my AF days and my drink days on will not allow me to record that I drank prosseco on Valentine's Day. For the first time ever I am annoyed that I can not say I did have a drink. Maybe it is secretly tying to give me a clue. LOL.

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    LOVE THIS QUOTE!!! ❤️

Frank Outlaw expresses this principle well:

Watch your thoughts, they become words.

Watch your words, they become actions.

Watch your actions, they become habits.

Watch your habits, they become character.

Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    Goal: 4AF days per week. It is a short month.

February 1 - 3 drinks
    February 2 - AF
    February 3 - 3 drinks - Superbowl was boring this year. I have to rack up some AF days!
    February 4 - AF
    February 5 - AF
    February 6 - AF
    February 7 - 3 drinks
    February 8 - AF, but was planning on some champagne in the bubble bath. I had such a nice dinner that I didn't have any calories left for champagne - heavy whipping cream chicken pesto with linguine. Lots of calories, but all within my range for the day.
    February 9 - AF
    February 10 - 3 drinks
    February 11 - AF
    February 12 - AF
    February 13 - 3 drinks
    February 14 - AF
    February 15 - AF - Mulled wine at my house tomorrow, in between the snowmobile events, bands and fireworks. (We will be out standing in the snow, the streets are closed for the event). The mulled wine will simmer all day. Really looking forward to some wintery fun and the smell that my house will take on from the cinnamon and cloves, oranges, port and wine. I like that I have known about it for weeks and am happy to have racked up AF days this month. If I don't feel well Sunday morning I will just stay in bed.
    February 16 - Mulled wine over the course of 8 hours. Kept it topped up every time we came back to my house out of the snow in between events. I actually am not sure how much I had. It was delicious. I don't mind having mulled wine once a year. There is a bunch left over though...
    February 17
    February 18
    February 19
    February 20
    February 21
    February 22
    February 23
    February 24
    February 25
    February 26
    February 27
    February 28

Running tab: 10 AF days out of 16 days - need at least 6 more AF days to hit my goal for the month.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    @mainelylisa SuperFly is my favorite Motor Booty band member. They play here in town every year once the night clubs open. You will need to come shake your groove thing with me while we pour down an O'Doul's.....two or three!!! Glad you had a great time. Disco is not dead. LOL!